What games did you pick up with your Xbox One?

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by WhoIsDo, Nov 29, 2013.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Generation 7
    Administrator

With the Xbox One launching a week ago, what games have you picked up with your system? I managed to snag FIFA 14, Forza 5, upgraded Battlefield 4 & grabbed NBA 2K14.

I haven't really been disappointed with any of the games. I really like the Drivatar aspect of Forza 5, and I have a feeling we'll see other genres go that route over the life of the Xbox One and possibly the PS4 too.

What's your favorite game out of the titles you picked up?

2. Laddie13

Laddie13 Generation 4

I picked up Dead Rising 3, Ryse, and Call Of Duty Ghosts. While Ryse looked great, the game pretty much played itself, and wasn't much of a challenge. Dead Rising 3 is tons of fun, and I've probably invested most of my Xbox One gaming time to it. I had never been the biggest fan of the Dead Rising series, but I'm really enjoying this one.

3. hallmaster

hallmaster Generation 4

If I had one I would pick up Ryse, Forza 5, Battlefield 4, Fifa 14, Black Flag, and maybe Dead Rising 3, I'm not much into zombie games.

4. OujaStrike

OujaStrike Generation 4 Level 50
    Elite Pilot

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, Battlefield 4 and Call of Duty Ghosts

• Like Like x 1
  5. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Generation 7
    Administrator

Nice! What do you think about ACIV?

6. OujaStrike

OujaStrike Generation 4 Level 50
    Elite Pilot

it's good but have not really played the series so i don't play it too much every few days

7. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Generation 7
    Administrator

Ah, gotcha. I'm planning to pick it up after the holidays and spend a good bit of time with it. I skipped AC3, but I'm looking forward to picking up ACIV.

8. Jim Tuna

Jim Tuna Generation 3
    Elite Pilot

I got CoD Ghosts, AC IV, and Madden 25. Almost done with AC, which is an awesome game. Ghosts wasn't that great, I wish I would have gotten BF4 instead.

9. Twiliscael

Twiliscael Generation 2

When I got my Xbox One, I bought Ryse, Dead Rising 3, and Battlefield 4. Ryse was a blast, even though it's relatively linear and simplistic. It's one of those "easy to learn, difficult to master" kind games. If you don't believe me, try beating it on Legendary ;) Dead Rising 3 is awesome, capitalizing on everything that made the previous Dead Risings great and including alot of cool new features, and making the time-limit alot less restrictive. Great game, right there. Battlefield is fun, it's everything I could want from a Battefield game (except for EA's terrible servers and campaign glitches...).

After-the-fact, I picked up Tomb Raider and Halo: Spartan Assault. Tomb Raider's an awesome game, even though it's my first in the series. The story was somewhat cliched, but Lara's development as a character is some of the most believable and realistic I've ever seen in any piece of media. Just wish the game was longer. Spartan Assault is fun. It's pretty much your typical top-down shooter, but it's got a Halo theme and story. It also explains about the period of time between Halo 3 and 4, so yay for that~

In the future, right now I'm looking at Titanfall and Destiny being the two heavy-hitters for the year, as well as (hopefully!) a possible new Final Fantasy game. I also want to get Assassin's Creed. I was skeptical because I haven't really liked any of them since AC2, but after seeing and playing some 4 at my friend's house... I really want it now :p

10. TYPOGRAPH1C

TYPOGRAPH1C Generation 3

#10 TYPOGRAPH1C, Feb 9, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
    I had bought Ghosts digitally on 360, so when I got my Xbox One a month ago it's all I had. However it's pretty horrible, so I never play it. It's probably the worst digital purchase I've ever made in my life. But whatever, you live and you learn.

If I had more time to play single player titles, I'd probably really enjoy Ryse. I also nabbed Battlefield 4 for about a week, then it just got old, even playing with friends.

If I had to make a call on what my next purchase will be... it's honestly gonna be Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare. That game looks SOOOO good.

Like if Conker: Live and Reloaded, Gotham City Impostors, Team Fortress 2, and Battlefield 4 made a baby but somehow ended up in the PvZ universe, and for some EPIC reason was a third person game... How could you NOT want that?

- TYPØ

11. Lambent Lucky

Lambent Lucky Generation 2

I picked up the Day One Editions of Ryse, Forza, and DR3.
    Also picked up Ghost for fun!

12. GammonMaster

GammonMaster O.G. Original Gamer Before Platform Shoes, Baby!
    Elite Pilot

Ghost, BF4 and now Titanfall.
    Don't really play on the One as much as my 360 due to lobby, poor chat and poor joining system.
    I hope these updates will fix those issues

• Like Like x 1
  13. Jim Tuna

Jim Tuna Generation 3
    Elite Pilot

Titanfall will be my first major multiplayer game for my X1. I have Ghosts, but like TYPO said, it's terrible so I never play it.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Chaz

Chaz Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

I don't own a console (at the current juncture) but right now there aren't many titles that interest me for either console. That being said, Ryse, Forza, and Dead Rising 3 look pretty fun. Anyone have opinions on Forza?

15. hallmaster

hallmaster Generation 4

I can say it's the best racing game I've played in years. Pretty addicting and everything about the game screams perfection. Not to mention how they did the vibrations in the triggers is pretty awesome. :D

16. Gaming To Excess

Gaming To Excess Generation 5

I got the day one edition with Fifa 14 which I sold because I'm not a football fan. I also bought the Ltd Edition Forza 5, Call of duty Ghosts, Battlefield 4 and also Ryse. It came with a blu ray DVD Pacific Rim and day one 12 month Xbox live membership and a extra controller.

17. ALKIHOL

ALKIHOL Generation 2

I got 5 games on launch day. COD:Ghosts, BF4, Forza 5, ACIV, and Dead Rising 3. Part of an older gaming community and we play COD on Fridays, BF on Saturdays and I run a Forza Night on Mondays! Titanfall is the next pick up of course!

18. BF1943freak

BF1943freak Generation 2

my first Xbox one game was Dead Rising 3

19. unclefrank666

unclefrank666 Generation 3

I picked up Ghosts, Forza, Ryse, AC Black Flag, Fifa 14, Battlefield 4, Dead Rising 3,

20. Obi Drunkenobe

Obi Drunkenobe Generation 2
    Elite Pilot

Dead Rising 3 and Forza. Hate them both.