What is the most amount of money you've spent on a game?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lobby' started by Chaz, Jan 30, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Chaz

Chaz Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

You guys are making me feel like crap with how much you guys have spent. :p

• Like Like x 1
  2. pantong51

pantong51 Generation 4

Between TF2, LoL, PS2, ive spent around 900$. Free to play but hats required =p

3. RayFromJersey

RayFromJersey Generation 4

Over $2,000.00 for 1 month of gaming back in 1998 or 1999.

AOL Premium games were pay by the hour, plus you had to pay for your dial-up. This one summer month, the phone numbers we used to connect to the internet disappeared and were accidentally switched with a long-distance number.

$1.99 an hour for the games + hours of long-distance phone usage daily = a pretty high phone bill.

Dragon's Gate, Air Warrior, and Splatterball were the games... lol

• Like Like x 2
  4. pantong51

pantong51 Generation 4

And i think we have a winner!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Laddie13

Laddie13 Generation 4

I generally buy so many games, I don't invest in that many collectors editions. I did hand over $170 for The Last Of Us Post Pandemic Edition, as well as the season pass for the game.

Titanfall will be my most most expensive gaming achievement. Not only am I getting the CE, I want almost all of the other accessories, and gear as well. There's even Titanfall themed shot-glasses!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

Is the website available to make orders?
    I am just a little confused about where to buy official TF merchandise.
    Shot glasses? Oh man............playing TF.........and drinking too? :D

7. pantong51

pantong51 Generation 4

I might be a downer here, but i find drinking to mess up any competitive game i play, it gets me mad at my self and ragey =/
    But on the other hand, In planetside 2 we had drunk ops where we had about 60~ people smashed rolling face on some bases. That was hella fun.

8. Laddie13

Laddie13 Generation 4

The actual EA/Respawn store for merchandise is not up yet. There are a few other places selling Titanfall gear.

http://www.gamer-heaven.net/titanfall/#

Hot Topic has a few T-Shirts, and Jinx will also have a hoodie and T-shirts in the future. Also, if you are a Gamestop Power Up Rewards member, there is Titanfall merchandise coming soon in the rewards catalog.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Pilot_KC

Pilot_KC 6th Gen Pilot
    Elite Pilot

Half Life 2 is probably my most expensive game. Not only did I buy the game, I bought off the Valve Store; HL2 t-shirt, Head Crab hat, Vortigaunt Plush (with Santa Hat), HL2 hat, mouse pad, Dog bumper sticker, HL2 Gameguide, HL2 Raising the Bar book.

Spent about $500 all up but my flat is just filled with HL2 merchandise lol.

10. pantong51

pantong51 Generation 4

Shun me now, never played HL2... I did not get into gaming untill the last semester of sr. year of highschool.

11. Pilot_KC

Pilot_KC 6th Gen Pilot
    Elite Pilot

I won't shun you just yet because you can repent your ways by playing HL2! ;)

HL2 is only now starting to show its age (graphics wise) and considering this is its 10th year anniversary that's saying something. It's still as fun as it ever was though :D

12. pantong51

pantong51 Generation 4

I'll get into it once titanfall dies down most likely, GF owns all HF stuff so i can get in on that.

• Like Like x 1
  13. MysteriousScaRe

MysteriousScaRe Generation 2

When it comes to f2p games I've spend over $2000 on APB Reloaded (Yeah was a bad decision :D)

The most expensive boxed version I bought was AC:BF Black Chest Edition for about $250

14. Chaz

Chaz Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Holy smokes. That is a lot of money for just one month. I think you win the grand prize here @RayFromJersey! :p

• Like Like x 1
  15. Bardiel18

Bardiel18 Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

Collector's Edition Halo: Reach comes to mind... that statue was just too awesome looking not to have. Then of course the DLC for that.

Then Borderlands 2 Loot Crate Edition. I didn't end up getting the Season Pass or any subsequent DLC yet - reason being, the game released on the WEEK OF MY FREAKIN' WEDDING and I still haven't had a chance to play through it. The friends I usually play coop with ran through, left me behind, and that was that :p

The other noteworthy title for me would be War Thunder. Freemium game, and to support the devs, I bought mission packs and the like (plus "Premium" membership for a time to gain XP a bit faster). Probably ended up spending more than I would on a retail game.

I'm a sucker for Collector's Editions, mostly. And then there's the Australia tax on games that you have to consider...

• Like Like x 1
  16. Pilot_KC

Pilot_KC 6th Gen Pilot
    Elite Pilot

There Bardiel, I fixed your post ;)

17. Bardiel18

Bardiel18 Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

'tis the cruel world we live in...

Down Under as well bud?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Pilot_KC

Pilot_KC 6th Gen Pilot
    Elite Pilot

Sure am. I live in NSW just outside of Western Sydney. Yourself?

19. Bardiel18

Bardiel18 Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

Just inside of... huh, go figure.

Glad someone else here knows the sting of later releases + extra costs :p

• Like Like x 1
  20. Pilot_KC

Pilot_KC 6th Gen Pilot
    Elite Pilot

I can live with the later releases and the extra costs, but it's the standard of internet connection + costs that leaves a lot to be desired! Paying first class costs for third world performance!