Titanfall What is this and how do I fix it...

Discussion in 'Feedback, Issues & Suggestions' started by rainman0211, Jun 3, 2015.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Somewhere around 20 secs into this 28 sec clip pilots freeze in mid air and I'm the only one moving. Sometimes I freeze and everyone else is still moving. Anyone have any ideas?

2. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

How is your internet connection? Does this always happen? Did you switch servers? Make sure you're playing on the server with the lowest ping. Make sure you're not downloading or streaming anything.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. rogerwilco71

rogerwilco71 Generation 4

Ya rainhombre. ....that's usually a bad connection

4. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

@Ik0n88x @rogerwilco71 It's been happening for months now. I'm putting this fluently in some well known computer lingo I just so happen to be well versed in... (hope you guys can keep up):p.
    Hey Roger, by connection problem do you mean...
    A. Get you ass up and make sure everything is tight. Or...
    B. By just reading that crap in "answer A", then this whole thing is obviously well beyond your capacity of understanding so give yourself a break and call your cable company.

Hey Ik0n,
    I see on the scoreboard at the games end I'll have 5 bars (where it says connection) all the way down to 2 bars at times. I'll check the server & The ping thing but I'm fairly sure their correct. And by the "downloading and/or streaming" question... do you mean like broadcasting on Twitch. Or do you mean by other computers, tablets and the like in the household?

Hope I was not to technical and that you guys were able to keep up.;) Oh yeah, Nikon if you don't feel like typing a long drawn out answer then please feel free to use the above answer A, or answer B format.:D

5. rogerwilco71

A

And unplug your router for 45 seconds or more to to reset.
    Didn't you have some router issues before?

Call cable for line/connection test...they can tell you in minutes

6. rogerwilco71

You can have fast downloads and uploads and still have issue upstream causing interruption

also reset Internet settings on the xboner

7. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Thanks rw, I'll try to reset and see what happens.

8. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

www.speedtest.net

Check your connection there. Also, broadcasting will effect your gameplay. Try to play some without that and resetting never hurts. Anybody using the connection is taking up bandwidth so the more you have on your connection, the lesser the quality of the connection.

9. A4eaTransformer

A4eaTransformer Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Roger!!!! Are you on zee vacance again? Where are you?!?!? The Man needs you.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. rogerwilco71

SHHHHH.......I'm meditating and floating (using telekinesis to activate Rainmans router)

11. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Thanks Ik0n, I'll give that a look-see too.

12. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

13. rogerwilco71

well you still working on it Rain?
    Forgot to ask if it lags in other Xbox games

14. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

It something I only really notice playing Titanfall. My other games I can play offline so that's what I do. I reset my xbox back to factory settings, nothing is on there but Titanfall. Just a few numbers... (I have no idea what any of it means exactly but here's what I got...
    Packet loss... 0
    MTU...1480
    Latency...84's
    Wireless Strenght...99%
    Upload speed... 6.01
    Download Speed... 15.62 was the highest it's been today, at it's lowest it was 8.59. Any thoughts on this.

15. rogerwilco71

#15 rogerwilco71, Jun 26, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
    mtu 1480 (is the packet size you send which is disassembled in transmission then reassembled at the receiver basically) is normal and all other look fine too...(I was able to play with 2 Mbps download and 3 Mbps upload at hotel few days ago) just wonder if it's upstream with your cable company or router.

Have you tried plugging network cable directly into xbox? ....Maybe leave it and game awhile (for technical purposes:p)....if it's consistent and smooth then it's your router....if not, it's your cable company.....if not that, it's respawn servers----then.... you're within your rights to travel to San Fernando Valley and slug someone in the mouth.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

@rogerwilco71 Thanks for the advice my friend. Definitely that's going to be my next move. You the man!!!

17. Donnie

Donnie Generation 1

lag... try setting fx lower and watch ping. recording with low bandwidth can make it worse and graffics can cause it to be bad as well

18. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Hey Donnie thanks for responding. I'm am nowhere near being computer literate XBoner so you lost me at the "f" in fx.;) I think I'm gonna try an ethernet cable first and work my way thru. Good looking out Donnie.;)

19. A4eaTransformer

A4eaTransformer Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Hey Donnie: welcome to the forum.

20. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Of course, it could be that you're connecting to some backward server in Swahili! Laggage is the number one 1st world problem in my opinion!

• Like Like x 1