What is your view on AI / BOTS / Grunts , in TitanFall 2 multiplayer

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by Trini Chinese, Jul 5, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

Hello pilots.
    For a wile now looking a videos on you tube and so on, reading in the comments there seem to be a mix feeling on the AI in TitanFall , some of the more popular you tubers seem to not like the AI in Titanfall .

I disagree that the AI was one of the best part of the game now some don't like it and titan fall 2 looks to have different modes to cater for that but all and all the AI gives the game a great feel and give for a rich shooting environment. below are some points i have read from you tube that commented and agreed strongly with what he said .

The AI are an essential element to the game:
    1. Enemy AI are the breadcrumbs that lead you to enemy Pilots.
    2. Friendly AI tell you when they see incoming enemy pilots
    3. They prevent camping around enemy territory
    4. They're fun to slaughter while looking for pilots
    5. They're dynamically allocated (friendly AI increases when team players decrease)
    6. They fight each other and even get in fist fights
    7. They are thrilled to see me show up
    8. Destroying AI as the hardpoint is more exciting than merely capturing a hardpoint
    9. Lastly, never under estimate what AI are capable of doing.
    The devs might surprise you.
    The AI are my boys!

• Like Like x 2
  2. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Good points raised there Trini, I've got to agree with them, the ai are more than just something else on the map. They have tactical qualities, but most of all I like them for the stuff they say:D.

Respawn are putting an ai free mode in for those who just want a pure game, so the choice will be there for tf2.

• Like Like x 3
  3. runescythe9852

runescythe9852 Generation 3

Very well thought out reasons. I never really underestimated the Ai, as they pretty much are part of the battle when it comes to the flow of battle. Even then, when it comes to Spectres, those guys can be hacked to turn against the opposing team.

• Like Like x 1
  4. A4eaTransformer

A4eaTransformer Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Way too many choices. No AI versions?????? Hmmm. I suppose it could be a game mode like P vs P or LTS with elements left out. Pretty soon TF may become like every other game. Maybe they will change the name to TITANFIELD or CALL OF TITAN. In the end, I still reserve judgment and will just enjoy what comes.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Nooo! Not call of titan!:D

I think its only one mode, a pilot hunter type.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Trini Chinese

choice are always a good thing. for me the modes are welcome it puts something a bit different for different taste . my main thing is that some fans want to remove a feature that is a part of the game, rather that have options they suggest to take rather that add .

• Like Like x 1
  7. KernelClamjuice

KernelClamjuice Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

I think they should be able to allow the User....aka us.....the players to have the ability to set a match or join a match with a AI difficulty level pre determined.. Army Level / Normal / Low / Mid / Devil Dog Ooh Rah Semper Fi Marines Level. (This is a joke, please don't take it personally...lol I actually served in the Marines and the Army..

Serious about the AI difficulty though..

This would make things interesting. I think it would bring the level of competition up a notch.

The AI is a huuuuge part of the game to me... I've been back doored countless times buy a Pilot when I was mowing down Grunts/Spectres...

• Like Like x 1
  8. SKWRLY

SKWRLY Generation 3

Please leave them out of objective modes. Most of the time they just fudge up my routes, but every once in a while....

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Trini Chinese

when this happens you have to apply the REACH AROUND . interesting point on the ai difficulty who knows it may be in the game.

10. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

The number of times a grunt killed me with a boot to my face in Titanfall? Won't say, don't want to embarrass myself...

I still struggle to understand some peoples hate towards the AI in Titanfall. The fill the map to make it more like a battlefield, and their banter is brilliant. And who here hasn't battered a few Marvin's over the head for s**t's and giggles?

Grab a Stryder, get your hack burn card on, fly over some spectres. HOUSE PARTY!!!

• Like Like x 2
  11. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

The AI are good! Makes the game better.

• Like Like x 2
  12. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Nothing more than some diversity... I guess the AI just get in the way of some.

13. A4eaTransformer

A4eaTransformer Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

The AI are great for a whole bunch of reasons. Whatever enhancements that can be made the better: better one liners, more interactive, and maybe even some females so they are no so sexist.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Trini Chinese

I have been in fire fights, just escaping an enemy pilot, big mistake for them as they rushed in around the corner with out thinking and whole and behold my AI crew was there to back me up lol and also the other way around, i been in situation where it force the enemy pilot to chose his target , come after me or clear what in front of you. it makes for a strategic game play . i would like to see AI grunt style Pilots with there Titans this would be epic. make a generic titan class to differ from pilots Titans .

The AI are an essential element to the game:
    1. Enemy AI are the breadcrumbs that lead you to enemy Pilots.
    2. Friendly AI tell you when they see incoming enemy pilots
    3. They prevent camping around enemy territory
    4. They're fun to slaughter while looking for pilots
    5. They're dynamically allocated (friendly AI increases when team players decrease)
    6. They fight each other and even get in fist fights
    7. They are thrilled to see me show up
    8. Destroying AI as the hardpoint is more exciting than merely capturing a hardpoint
    9. Lastly, never under estimate what AI are capable of doing.
    10 The AI makes the MAP a rich shooting environment.

The devs might surprise you.
    The AI are my boys!

15. Trini Chinese

agreed, could you imagine a commander mode like something what they did in battlefield 4 , where a player can control AI placements with reason , example when we are playing as an objective for pilots on the ground to eliminate certain placements or objectives and in turn will give troops for the commander and then they can place along the maps , it would make for an interesting game play.

• Like Like x 1
  16. temporar

temporar Generation 2
    Elite Pilot

It's hard to come up with a reasonable rationale against keeping AI in game. As long as scoring encourages players to kill other players / titans rather then focusing on AI only this feature adds more life, balance and tactical variety to the game.

The T1 had one issue related to AI. And that was Smart Pistol and to lesser extent Arc Cannon. These two weapons were preferred options in Attrition mode due to ability to quickly get rid of group of AIs to get ahead on scoring board. However, this is more a weapon design problem - AI only exposed it.

17. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

#17 ensc, Jul 19, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
    You make good arguments for AI Trini. I haven't seen anyone make any good ones against, so please allow me to take the other side. I do like them in certain modes, such as Attrition and Frontier Defense. Those would just not be as good without them. They are part of the fabric. However, I think they should be eliminated from objective modes and specifically Hardpoint. Some of these arguments actually would apply to all modes, but I will focus on Hardpoint.

Things AI shouldn't be allowed to do:
    1) Give away your position. Everyone spare me your "camper" arguments and complaints. I usually always have the highest defense of both teams, but I also have the highest assault, which I could not do if I was a "camper" as you would suggest. However, when I am playing defense, I like to find the best hiding spot and work from there and it infuriates me when AI give away my position by not only shooting in my direction, but sometimes when there are 4 or 5 spectres, I actually have to shoot back or they will kill me, so it forces me to put myself on the minimap. AI should not be allowed to have that much of an impact on an objective mode.
    2) They shouldn't be allowed to kill you when you are licking your wounds. I don't know how many times I've run into a hardpoint held by the enemy, had an epic battle with like 3 enemies, took them all out, was hanging on by a thread and needed to lick my wounds while securing the hardpoint, and 1 stinking grunt or spectre either kicked me or hit me with one shot and I was dead and not only didn't get to savor my victory, but didn't even get to take the hardpoint either. Again, AI should not be allowed to have that much of an impact on an objective mode.
    3) They shouldn't be allowed to ruin your flow, mess up your routes, or leave your butt hanging out to dry. When I play hardpoint, I have set routes on each map to go from one to the next and hardpoint is all about timing. If you are holding 2 hardpoints you are going to be gaining on the other team. If they are holding 2, then they are gaining on you. So, if I take 1, then I need to be able to get to the 2nd one as fast as possible to hopefully secure it while we still have the one I just left. If I'm trying to get out of a door and there are AI (friendly or enemy) preventing me from flowing through, that is total bs. It ruins my flow and costs me precious time. If I have a route where I hit a wall a certain way to get the maximum speed off of it and there are AI blocking me from hitting it in the desired angle it messes up my route and costs me precious time. Again, AI should not be allowed to have that much of an impact on an objective mode.

Those are my 3 main arguments against them in objective modes and especially hardpoint. I would argue that all 3 arguments could even be applied to other modes as well depending on your playing style. A sniper should hate #1 in any mode. A good fighter that isn't affraid to take on multiple enemies should hate #2 in any mode. And a speed demon should hate #3 in any mode. Also, in #3, I didn't define the leaving your butt hanging out to dry, because I felt that applies to all modes and again has to do with doors. If you are trying to go through a doorway and you get jammed up by AI (friendly or enemy), they shouldn't be allowed to do that and leave your butt hanging out to dry giving an inferior player an extra second or two to see you and get a kill they didn't deserve. AI should not be allowed to have that much of an impact in any mode.

On a related note, and perhaps this should be a completely seperate post, they need to do away with ALL friendly interference. You should be able to walk right through friendly pilots and AI as if they weren't even there, like ghosts. This is especially evident at the start of a game when everyone is jammed up and bouncing off each other and sometimes you might even have a couple guys who are AFK in front of you and you can't even move. That is rediculous and should be completely eliminated.

18. Trini Chinese

hi ensc,
    good view points, i do agree with some of them and also disagree with some. with that said you did not take into account that the other team is also have these events and obstacle to contend with. Remember the AI does not help a team win or lose but the choice a pilot makes in events can turn the outcome .most of what you pointed out can be fine tune, but serve a purpose, and are there to balance the game play . there is no such thing as an inferior player in a battle , and when you don't see that you already lost . from your points the jest of what i got is that in game you will have problems adapting to different scenarios and your style is very predictable if one plays you long enough. don't get me wrong that is fine if you like to play a certain way, but in the ai brings an unpredictable game play to a certain extent. and take into account the map size especially in hard points the game mode is predictable at best . also remember unlike other games that have a great working formula titanfall does not have that the ai was build in to help balance the game experience.
    great points. cheers.
    To Be Continued.

19. RottweilerluvNZ

RottweilerluvNZ Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

AI keeps me in check, kills me often lol. Trying to run through a door with enemy grunts and every time just Austin Power's until they kick the crap out of me haha.

Keep the AI, makes it more fun I reckon, otherwise it will end up like COD. No fun just going up against other players IMO.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Fair points, but is this not what differentiates Titanfall in part from the competition? What you are talking about here is an unknown factor ruining your process in a match. Giving away your position, blocking your run - that's part of what makes the game so good! Never the same match twice. Like @RottweilerluvNZ said, it'd be too much like a CoD cardboard cut out otherwise.

• Like Like x 2