What is your view on AI / BOTS / Grunts , in TitanFall 2 multiplayer

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by Trini Chinese, Jul 5, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Please don't dismiss that I did say I like them in certain modes. Attrition and Frontier Defense need them. For objective modes though, I guess we will just have to agree to disagree. I like my objective modes to be as pure as possible. Just my wits and skills against the other players, which is why I feel the AI should have no impact on the outcome of an objective mode game.

I was going to play nice and leave it at that, but the more I think about it, there are several issues that do need to be addressed.

There are absolutely inferior players and what I am talking about specifically is someone who is just really slow and looking around like, "dohty, doh, doh". Never even saw me fly by them and now they are looking the other way as I would be out the door. But, NOOOOO!!! The door is jammed up with 2 or 3 AI coming in. So now Bad News Buzzard had time to wake up slowly turn his head back toward me and the AI allow a blind squirrel to get a nut, which is total bs. it is absolutely rediculous to make a statement like I have already lost if I would even think that some players are inferior. If someone bought the game yesterday and I've been playing every day for 27 months, I'm supposed to treat that as if they are equivalent skill to me? C'mon Trini, you know better than that. I know you are a very nice guy from other things you have written, but that is kind of pushing the "Aww gee whiz Wally, can't we all just get along." a little too far. That is like fantasy land.

What makes Titanfall better than Call of Duty is the wallrunning and the overall speed of the game, not the AI. COD is such a slow, plodding game. COD players are lazy and just want to stay in one spot and pop out every so often and think that are good. Probably 99.9% of the endless, perpetual whining about sps in Titanfall comes from those lazy COD players who want to be able to play their stationary style. Go play COD then if that's what you want. Otherwise, shut up and use that energy to learn how to defend the sp. The sp doesn't bother me one bit. I feel like I can beat any sp player with any gun in my hand. Actually the best way to learn how to defend the sp is to use it. Once you know how you have to move to use it, then you know how you have to move to defend against it. But I digress, Titanfall is 1000 times better than COD and it has nothing to do with the AI.

As far as it sounding like my style is predictable, when I am playing defense in Hardpoint, my style is very predictable, but that is the only time my style is predictable. If it is a smart player on the other side, they will figure that out, but I don't mind, because even though they are coming back at me 2, 3, 4 times with the advantage of knowing exactly where I am, they will still enjoy an entree of a mouthful of my bullets 9 times out of 10. I'm not affraid of that, because I can still beat them. However, even if they know I might be there, I don't want the AI shooting at me and confirming it for them, like "yup, there he is" and even if there is that smart player that figures it out, the other 5 on the team don't know yet, so I don't want the AI tipping them off either. I would consider myself one of the best Hardpoint players in the world and I would consider defense my strongest suit. However, I will contribute what is necessary to the team and some games I am the only one taking hardpoints and have to keep my running shoes on the entire game, because the only one blue is the one I'm leaving and I can't stay there, because if you are behind you can't catch up with just one and I want to win. When I am spending a portion of the game playing defense, some might accuse me of "camping", even though I think that is rediculous when part of the objective in Hardpoint is to defend hardpoints you have, but if you look at my score at the end of a game, there is no way you could accuse me of camping. For example, one time on Demeter, I ended up with 1000 Defense, but I also had 6000 Assault, so anyone who ran into me while I was racking up the 1000 Defense may have thought I was "camping", but you sure as hell can't be "camping" if you are also putting up 6000 assault. It may sound like I have an inflated view of my skills, but I can only go by my experience of going up against some of the best. For example, one time I had just logged in and asked my one friend what he was playing and if he minded if I joined. He said he was in Hardpoint, but that I probably wouldn't want to join, because they were playing against a pro team. I took the challenge and joined and it was 6 Gen 10's on my side against 6 Gen 10's on their side and you could tell by the names that at least 4 on the other side were a clan. When I joined, my team was losing about 75-25. So, now, keep in mind, there were 11 Gen 10s that had a headstart on me and at least some on the other side played together all the time. By the way, I should mention that even when I play with friends, we do not communicate or coordinate strategy. We just each do our own thing and play as strong individuals. Anyway, at the end of the game, my team came back and won and I was the MVP of the winning team. Examples like that and the 6000/1000 on Demeter make me very confident in saying I am one of the best Hardpoint players in the world.

2. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

#22 Trini Chinese, Jul 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2016

Hello;

We can all agree that the game like many others have issues some are simple fix , some are not hence the reason for debate we are all here to give our views this is what helps and defines a better product .i do not dismiss your view on certain modes , i am not here to offend you or any one else but to give my views on a comment or topic . some would agree some will not .it's not about like how you put it Can't we all just get along , but to voice one's opinion.Some will agree and some will not . Apologies if i came off in the post as offensive just voicing my view depending on the state of mind when read and written .

No one is disputing that you Don't have skill in the game or if you were better that the player to whom you have described or scenario, but from what your original comments were are that was stated that the AI hindered your movement or may have been the reason that you were taken out by another pilot/ player whom you refer as an inferior player .

my comment to that phrase may be a debate to agree or disagree but was made to state the simple reason that you may have not taken into account that a player on the opposing team may used this to there advantage . and that you may have underestimated there objective . being that you have experience an skill in vertical movement still does not change the fact that the AI creates a challenge to the game. granted that this may not have been or may not be the reason to the scenario , but from what i read seem to be a challenge to you or style of play and many alike and i would assume as an experience player you would have adapted already.
    when you use a word to describe an opponent or enemy like inferior shows that one would have entered a battle or fight underestimating there opponent hence the reason i said you already lost . This is in no means was to offend you but a comment / opinion to your post. this also relates to my Signature, " I MAY NOT BE THE BEST BUT I HAVE BEATEN THE BEST " I have played with countless players on doth sides that have the opinion of a Superior player . but like many have been tipped off that pedestal am not saying that you as a player think like this and that you do not have extraordinary skill as it's good to be confident but other wise give the same respect to your opponent or foe as they would on to you , and anyone are only as good as the person or players they are playing and play with .
    This also relates to other topics in having a bigger community and player base and demographic as new skills are learned every day as you add more players to the mix .

As i do agree that , yes a less skilled player / or experience player may gain the upper hand depending on the scenario ,can cause an effect to one's plan or hinder an objective , hence were the AI comes in to this and balances the game . With that said it's a reason that the AI is a great part of the game and to the mode you prefer." HARDPOINT" as it creates an unpredictable environment to an otherwise predicable game play or mode.
    Granted my point to this , is that as a more experience player the AI in the game balances the game to your point being that you have more experience and have a developed skill the AI gives the other player a chance to battle in other wise an unfair contest , eg. on one team it serves as a slight disadvantage and on the other team a slight advantage hence the balance .

as for the AI impacting the out come of a game , at the end it's the players that play which impact the out come in there ability to overcome different seniors, the AI do not capture the objective a live player does this. the AI serves as a distraction which keeps both team's / players on there toes . and this is to the point to games in similar COD . if cod had AI in multiplayer it would drastically change the gameplay yes the wall running in titanfall do also make a difference but even with that with out the AI the gameplay would feel similar to COD or games alike. granted that even without the AI the game would still be fun but for how many and for how long .
    these things are to also to taken into account as to other comments in the post to what make the game different to COD and i would have to agree , as the bottom line is that it adds a unique element to a game other wise similar to it's style of game . and yes there are many extra things that also add to the titan fall experience but AI helps to bring all if not most a simpler solution to a game on balance and helps enhance the maps , size of maps , live player count, unbalance teams, etc etc.

Camping.
    as for all of us that play games alike , camping can be defined in many ways some games depending on the map and other features tend to cater to this in more ways than one. for some your style may look as camping to some but for others including myself it's just defending the objective depending on the game mode. certain games battlefield for example eliminates this with certain features implemented into the game if you were to remove these features it would cater for players to camp rather than play the objective . this is where i think the AI plays out to make a better experience and helps to balance or reduce players camping or not going for an objective which in the end would break the flow and in the game play design .
    you and other players would have to agree that being that the AI can spawn in at any time and that your position may be compromise it make a player use the environment and game perks and skills to there advantage. this is no different to a mini map , spot future , sensor beacon , or hit markers as these things all bring to the general experience and flow to the game , take any one of them out and it will tip the scale , some may adapt faster than some and some like the feature as they use it to there strategy on how they may approach a scenario.
    my definition on camping are when a player stays in a certain spot as there are no other venue's or point to pass because of map design and spawning stays in that position to obtain kills when another player pass by and not play an objective , team death match mode tends to suffer from this more rather than other modes and because of certain features help to reduce this .

to be continued , great points ensc and remember these are just my views on some of the point you have raised for debate.
    Cheers mate see you soon.

3. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Horses for courses is a term I'd use. Everyone has, and is perfectly entitled to, their own opinion and what works for some doesn't always work for another.

If everyone agreed with me, Fallout 4 wouldn't get such high ratings, and I'd probably have a much happier marriage:D

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

As always Trini, very thoughtful, reasonable and kind. You are truly a good guy.

One point I would like to make is that you said "... , but from what i read seem to be a challenge to you or style of play and many alike and i would assume as an experience player you would have adapted already."

My point is that I feel AI should not be in Hardpoint at all, because I believe they should not be allowed to have any impact on the objective modes at all, and therefore I don't want to even have to learn to adapt to them blocking a doorway, because they shouldn't be there in the first place. That is my whole point. They shouldn't be there in the first place.

Other than that, you make some very good points Trini.

Bruvas, I recently downloaded Fallout 4 and I was very unhappy with it, so I am curious what you don't like about it. Please allow me to say that I LOVED Fallout 3 after getting through the first BORING 20 minutes of being in the vault and learning that I could use console commands to increase the pathetically slow speed and increase the size of my backpack. Once I could move fast and not have to worry about managing my backpack, that game was AWESOME!!! As was New Vegas. However, to me, Fallout 4 feels like they were doing things that they thought were "progress" and I HATE them. I hate the changed navigation bar. I hate the smaller view of the Pip Boy. I didn't get too far into, because what really turned me off was that it seemed like you were going to have to build everything instead of just going to merchants. When games get to be too much like work, then what is the point of playing games? I think you will feel me on that one Bruvas, because that sounds like a statement you would make. Anyway, please let me know what you didn't like if you don't mind.

5. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Fallout 4 just bored me. I heard it was 'great once you've got into it' but after a couple of hours worth, I was wondering when it got that good. I'll go back to it for another chance. Maybe. After Titanfall 2.

And Titanfall 3.

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I hear ya buddy. The only game that has been able to draw me away from Titanfall for the past 28 months is Star Wars Battlefront. I kind of had to force myself to give it a good chance, but now I'm glad I did. I know this is a Titanfall forum and I am only sharing the information below, because if someone loves the Titanfall mode I love, they might like to try this.

For anyone who loves Titanfall hardpoint, which I do, you may really like Droid Run in Battlefront. I consider myself one of the best Titanfall hardpoint players in the world and I am getting very close to that in Droid Run. They give out 3 awards at the end of a game and they are not per team but out of all players on both teams combined, "Most Droids Acquired", "MVP" (which is highest objective portion of the score), and "Highest Score" (which includes objective score and kills score). I had a run this past Saturday where I played 10 games in a row and won all 3 awards in all 10 games. It works a little differently than Titanfall hardpoint, which I hated at first, but it has grown on me. The only way a team gets any points is if they control all 3 Droids at the same time. The reason I hated this at first is because it was obvious that my team controlled 2 Droids for the majority of a game, but we got 0 points, because we didn't have all 3, and then at the very end of the game, the other team controlled all 3 just long enough to win. I have actually grown to love that about it. It is a working man's game and if you are willing to work, you get rewarded for it. The other thing I love is that since there are always 3 objectives and you have to work for them, it discourages kill farmers who could sit at one spot in a game like Titanfall Capture the Flag. Battlefront has 2 modes similar to that, which are Cargo and Drop Zone. They are decent too, but I prefer Droid Run if people are playing it.