What Would Make A Great Movie?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lobby' started by Kingkat54, Dec 12, 2013.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

I say.............CRYSIS series. Future stuff, action, monsters, all asking for CGI.
    Titanfall................same................well, no monsters, but................

HALO...............or is that being done? Again, future stuff, imagination, etc.

With the push for bigger,larger,louder action flicks............you think these would be some awesome movies.

Some of this stuff could be epic tie in for t-shirts, action figures, toy guns, ...........all the good stuff!
    They also have a story line. Characters that you want to succeed.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Laddie13

Laddie13 Generation 4

Yeah, Halo has long been rumored to be a movie, but who knows where it stands in development these days.

Uncharted is just begging to become a movie. At one point it was in pre-development, but I'm not so sure now. Plus, what I had read about it was not my idea of what an Uncharted movie should be. The Last Of Us would also make for a riveting film.

I think the problem with video game based movies is that the film makers are more concerned with appealing to movie goers, not gamers. This is why so many of them have failed, they tend to alienate the core audience.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Generation 7
    Administrator

I'd love to see The Last of Us turned into a movie. I believe Assassin's Creed is receiving the movie treatment with Michael Fassbender as the main character.

4. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

Interesting thought. Gamers want to "see" their game played on the big movie screen , and the movie goers would want to "play"
    their movie. And I thought Hollywood didn't know what it is doing............shame on me!:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  5. hallmaster

hallmaster Generation 4

I would actually love the Halo movie to be finished. They stopped production years ago, and as one point Peter Jackson was making it, which would've made an epic movie. I think it has potential, but they are making a Halo TV series, and Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn was good.

6. MissMayhem

MissMayhem Generation 3

Mass Effect trilogy
    No, but seriously if it was done right I would totally watch it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Ailliam

Ailliam Generation 1

I've never seen a movie adaptation of a video game that was good.

8. Jim Tuna

Jim Tuna Generation 3
    Elite Pilot

I've always wanted to see a Gears of War movie. After that I'd like an Assassin's Creed film, but like @WhoIsDo said, I believe that is in the works.

9. daennika

daennika Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

The last movie which didn't disappoint me and made me think "Wow, this was a fun, impressive and awesome movie experience!" was Pacific Rim. Why? I think it's the mix of awesomeness, humor and positivity.

Much like Titanfall is a mix of all things awesome about sci-fi and epic war games, without falling into the traps of fantasy and "magic" stuff. It's a legit possibility for what may happen in the distant future.

If you want to make a great movie you have to create your own epic universe, poor some intense battles and drama, mix it with immersive visual effects and pick talented actors to bring it all to life.

10. PRAHBZ

PRAHBZ Generation 3

I agree with the idea of a Crysis moving picture. Not so much because it could be a great movie (although it could), but more for the possible exposure it could provide for the franchise. The reason Crysis has not dethroned Call of Duty has nothing to do with the game (which is superior in every way) and everything to do with the audience, or lack thereof. I would recant and say I feel horrible about suggesting a movie be made to garner more market share but f*ck it, I'm sick of playing with the same 50-93 people everyday. :D

11. MegaScampi

MegaScampi Generation 4

All of you are out of your minds. The best video game that could be adapted into a movie is clearly Tetris.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Unuseful_Idiot

Unuseful_Idiot Generation 3

Did you hear that, Uwe Boll? Go make a tetris movie!

I would like to see a decent movie in Fallout universe. Ok, I know there are tons of post-apo movies, but Fallout series is a mix of them - the best of them in one place, i dare to say (+ a lot of inspiration from b-movies). Anyway, a spectacular movie with GOOD story in Fallout's timeline would be great.

Duke Nukem would be fun to watch too

Well, Crysis has a really bad story... I mean so bad that the guy writing it had to write a book and few comicbooks to fill the plot holes between 1 and 2. It could be spectacular though :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. daennika

daennika Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

• Like Like x 1
  14. Linkz973

Linkz973 Generation 4

Legend of Zelda just have the guy from lord of the rings direct it

• Like Like x 1
  15. ChongSparks

ChongSparks Life is like a box of chocolates
    Elite Pilot