What's the deal with the lousy ping and server stability?

Discussion in 'Titanfall PC' started by Johnny O Farnen, Jan 28, 2015.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Johnny O Farnen

Johnny O Farnen Generation 1

So, Respawn, any official statement on the absolutely unacceptable connectivity and horribly high ping? The last two weeks have been disgustingly bad. Servers dumping regularly, "Failed to get token" messages...
    Heck, the MotD hasn't connected since three days after the last patch.

I get it, yeah. "Bad infrastructure. Check your modem/router." "Check your com card" etc etc etc.

Hate to say it folks, but it is definitely NOT on this end. The quality of play has declined drastically. It is a real shame that such a wonderful game is degrading in playability so quickly. The PC server populations are low enough to begin with. the skewed matchmaking is annoying, but tolerable.

But, pings averaging over 100 for 80% of the players per match? Inexcusable.

So, here is the challenge: Can we at least get an official statement about these issues?

Really is difficult to enjoy a game where all the players cannot see each other, area effect weapons and other latency related artifacts.

So, please, give us an answer. It is the right thing to do.

(Note: South Central USA data center is where I connect.)

2. pickled possum

pickled possum Generation 2

what we need is servers in our own country...no servers here in nz. my pings are disgusting.. they are to fecking lazy to set up servers for nz players..

3. MTRebman

MTRebman Generation 3

main screen, bottom right corner, data centers, choose a different server.

4. pickled possum

pickled possum Generation 2

hi thanks but why would i play overseas from australia, if i use usa my ping is unreal and frankly not worth playing...

5. MTRebman

MTRebman Generation 3

6. owningyou2

owningyou2 Generation 1

the trace route and test done today shows the problem at the game server 6 bm lost today thru dcs just a joke

7. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Hey dude, I hear what you are saying about the issues you have however what you need to do is speak to MS and/or respawn. We are an unofficial forum with no way whatsoever in making your situation any better.

8. owningyou2

owningyou2 Generation 1

then why do you advertise yourselves as an official forum

9. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

On the first page of the forum

"Titanfall-Community is an unofficial community for Respawn's Titanfall. We pride ourselves on educating users about the game & providing a place for Titanfall fans to find new friends to play with online.."

Hit up respawns twitter or hit up MS