What's the meaning behind your username?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lobby' started by WhoIsDo, Jan 27, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Generation 7
    Administrator

I've seen some fairly creative usernames here, so I thought it'd be cool to share what the meanings are! Mine, WhoIsDo, comes from an abbreviation that was given to me when I created my very first website which was a senior project in high school.

I thought it was pretty cool/unique, so I just kept it! What's the meaning behind your username?

2. NL Grexoz

NL Grexoz Generation 2

Because of a friend i started playing World of Warcraft back in '07 and i wanted a "cool" username, i asked him for his opinion and he came with Grex but as i wanted it a bit longer i putted ez behind it and boom Grexoz was born. NL is just for the country i live in (The Netherlands).

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jim Tuna

Jim Tuna Generation 3
    Elite Pilot

Mine is a shortened version of my actual name. No, I didn't get it from The Office.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jim Tuna

Jim Tuna Generation 3
    Elite Pilot

Mine is a shortened version of my actual name. No, I didn't get it from The Office.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

From an "off hand " remark. I was trying to get my son's house cat to mind and stop scratching, or something 'cat-like", and I turned on him and said, "Look pal, you're just a cat , but I'm the "King Kitty" around here!. Since I am a Leo birth sign, it made sense. I've been Kingkat ever since. ;)

Nice post. very interesting to read about our "game names".

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lateralus082

Lateralus082 Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

Well, Lateralus is my favorite Tool album. And 082 comes from KOTOR 2, the greatest RPG that I've ever played. Your missing out if have not played it and you're a Star Wars fan.

7. Kevin26385

Kevin26385 Generation 3

My name is Kevin and I run a lot. 26385 stands for a marathon. (26 miles - 385 yards)

8. th3NightAngel

th3NightAngel Generation 2

I got mine from a book series called "The Night Angel Trilogy". I wanted it to look cooler and put my own spin on it, so I made the 'e' in the to a 3

9. KingOfGaems

KingOfGaems Helpin' you in the best way, day by day.
    Elite Pilot

Personally, when I first bought my Playstation 3, I wanted something to show I "owned" this place. So I thought of King, and then I wanted KingOfGames, but Games was taken. I thought of the GAEMS company and then used KingOfGaems .

10. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

"Its good to be the KING!";)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Chaz

Chaz Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

"Hey, Big Haircut."

12. Jim Tuna

Jim Tuna Generation 3
    Elite Pilot

Lol, love that show.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Chaz

Chaz Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

You and me both, friend. :)

14. Twiliscael

Twiliscael Generation 2

Well, my original username which I created for Xbox Live and Runescape back in '07 was Toniscael, because it merged me and my 2 brothers' names since we had to share a Live account. Tony, Chris, and Michael made one pretty cool name, I thought at least. However, as time went on, through various websites and forums I'd always change the "Ton" with various things from different game series and animes and such, until I settled on "Twi" from Twilight Sparkle. I've just been using it for so long now, it's how most people refer to me as anyway and I have no intent on changing it up.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Zisha

Zisha Generation 4

A god in the MOBA "Smite" named Ne Zha and a random swedish guy on steam named Nizta combined in some fucked up way.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Majide

Majide Generation 2

Majide is Japanese for seriously. And there was a show called I Survived A Japanese Game Show. They would open with HAI MAJIDE. and it thought it was cool.
    \/ I Survived A Japanese Game Show \/

• Like Like x 1
  17. TYPOGRAPH1C

TYPOGRAPH1C Generation 3

I'm a graphic designer. I like type, or typography which is the study of type... as in fonts and hand lettering, etc. But there's more to it than that.

A few years ago, my name was Anorexic Leader... I used to be insanely skinny, and I won every Halo local and FFA I attended in my hometown, so "Leader" was certainly fitting as well. :p

As I grew older, my gamer tag I chose when I was 13 began to not fit my now 23 year old body. I wanted to start fresh as I moved from Halo to the Gears of War community. One night the name just hit me while I was laying in bed. As soon as it did... I jumped up in the middle of the night, and made a new XBL account right that instant. Now it's my main account, as formerly I continued paying double for 2 active XBL accounts.

So, that is the story of that.

- TYPØ

• Like Like x 1
  18. Viking

Viking Generation 3

#18 Viking, Feb 9, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
    i got mine because i used too play semipro football for the Mohawk Valley Vikings and i wore #71 , hence my GT is MVViking71 , it got shortened to Viking over on the Epic Games Forums as thats all everyone called me over there and it just stuck .

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  19. Lambent Lucky

Lambent Lucky Generation 2

Lambent came from Gears of War and Lucky was a nickname cause I look Irish.

• Like Like x 1
  20. GammonMaster

GammonMaster O.G. Original Gamer Before Platform Shoes, Baby!
    Elite Pilot

I am a Master of Backgammon as I was a top ranked player back in the 70's.
    Now, it's more of who I am than my real name... LOL!

• Like Like x 1