What's the meaning behind your username?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lobby' started by WhoIsDo, Jan 27, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. mrmatteo94

mrmatteo94 Generation 2
    Elite Pilot

My friends call me "Matteo" because shocker my name is Matt. 94 is my year and my first two initials are mr.

2. Monolyth

Monolyth Generation 10
    Elite Pilot

My name is partially an homage to 2001: A Space Odyssey. I've had the handle Monolyth (or sometimes Monolythic) for so long that even my close friends call me Monolyth (or Mono for short) IRL now.

It is made even more awkward when they call me that in front of non-gamer friends. :eek:

3. mrmatteo94

mrmatteo94 Generation 2
    Elite Pilot

@Monolyth at least it's better than being called Magikarp by your friends because your last name starts with carp

4. Jiisuki

Jiisuki Generation 2

I could never come up with a name I felt comfortable with.. so I wrote a program to randomly generate nicknames.
    Jiisuki was one of the first iterations, stayed with me for almost 10 years. I even started a company called 'Jiisuki Audio Lab' :p

5. Gaming To Excess

Gaming To Excess Generation 5

Mine is simple my name is Gareth but friends call me Gaz

• Like Like x 1
  6. hallmaster

hallmaster Generation 4

My original account I had for Runescape was Hallmaster77. So I use this often now with either no numbers or 77 or 9. Hall is my last name and 77 is my favorite number, so that's why I made it :p.

7. Monolyth

Monolyth Generation 10
    Elite Pilot

Just so long as we don't get you and the Stairkeeper together. Otherwise we might wind up with a Stay-Puft marshmallow titan stomping on churches in New York.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Deity Falkor

Deity Falkor Generation 3

I have a group of friends here around Seattle that I play Pen and Paper RPGs with. Our Posting board is Deities Inc.
    While playing Shadowrun (3rd edition) I made a Troll Cyber Adept named Falkor. We dubbed him Falkor the Luck Troll.

I combined the two many years ago for DeityFalkor. You can find it on twitter as well.

9. TYPOGRAPH1C

TYPOGRAPH1C Generation 3

But...

Hall + Stair doesn't = Gate.

o_O

- TYPØ

10. Monolyth

Monolyth Generation 10
    Elite Pilot

I know I changed it...Keymaster is to Gatekeeper as Hallmaster is to Stairkeeper.

Ghostbusters was the first thing that popped into my head when I saw his name, I had to make it work somehow. :p

11. Chaz

Chaz Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Damn, that's actually pretty cool. Were there tournaments or anything of that nature for Backgammon?

12. GammonMaster

GammonMaster O.G. Original Gamer Before Platform Shoes, Baby!
    Elite Pilot

Worldwide. Pips was a huge place to play for international players. Everyone played back then.
    If there was a crowd at a party, it was around the Gammon Board.

13. Chaz

Chaz Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Nice! I wonder if there's any footage of tournaments like that on YouTube or something. I don't even know how to play the game! :p

14. GammonMaster

GammonMaster O.G. Original Gamer Before Platform Shoes, Baby!
    Elite Pilot

Should be as there is a worldwide tournament going on now. It has made a comeback in recent years. Vintage gammon boards have risen in price.

15. Devon

Devon Generation 2

I made my name native_lif3, because i'm part native american so I wanted my name to resemble that and for ppl to know im a savage when I play. I put a 3 because e was boring.

16. Procrastinating Peanut

Procrastinating Peanut Generation 1

I wish I knew why our channel chose this name.

17. psyclone23

psyclone23 Generation 2

Typed in PSYCLONE as my gamertag on Xbox Live, it suggested PSYCLONE23, and thus the rest is history :p

*Also I should explain 23 is my lucky number too, which was a strange coincidence...

18. Neurotic Kasper

Neurotic Kasper Generation 2

Interesting story actually. My GT used to be DiverseEnd. My account got hacked and the person changed it to iTz Kasper F4(lol no idea why). He left my secondary email on the account so I got it back. I payed to have it changed like 4 months after because I got irritated with people asking wtf was up with my GT. I wanted to keep the Kasper part so I let the random generator make some names for me and it gave me Neurotic Kasper so I've rolled with that for a few years now. No plans to change it. Although some Halo 3 clan is names Neurotic and they tried to add me =/

19. OujaStrike

OujaStrike Generation 4 Level 50
    Elite Pilot

i'm a big fan of the tv series Kamen Rider

Ouja comes from my favorite Rider in Kamen Rider Ryuki - Kamen Rider Ouja
    Strike comes from my favorite Kamen Rider in the american version of the show Kamen Rider Dragon Knight - Kamen Rider Strike

Ouja and Strike have the same Costume just 1 is japan and the other american

20. Pilot_KC

Pilot_KC 6th Gen Pilot
    Elite Pilot

My tag was actually created by my year 8 pottery teacher back in my high school days.

I used to write "KC" (which is the first 2 initials of my name) on all my pots before they went into the kiln. After she discovered that "KC" ended up on about a dozen pots that weren't made by me, my detention slip was addressed to "KC" (even though she knew my name in full) and she started to call me "Kay-Cee" until I graduated.

The "Pilot" part I just added for the Titanfall reference.