What's the point of level up?

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by Derrame, Dec 14, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

Hi there pilots

do titans resist or do more damage? do weapons do more damage?
    i don't see any difference

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Nothing does any more damage... and nothing takes less damage.. nothing that affects gameplay.

You just get the opportunity to unlock more banners, patches and camos. If you're not really a completionist or don't care about cosmetic stuff, there isn't any reason to Regenerate.

3. KernelClamjuice

KernelClamjuice Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

NONE

Other than the great big orange glowing pilot running acrossed the map NOT HAVING CHALLENGES is the greatest fail of the game.

I am Pilot Gen. 9.26

I'll hit Gen 10 tomorrow. Maybe on Friday...

RESPAWN simply failed greatly when it came to retaining all the great things about the original Titanfall.

I'm blown away they don't have challenges to level your pilot up. Because of this I have absolutely have no use for all the other weapons in the game........I pretty much run with the same load out regardless of map.

• Like Like x 4
  4. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Agreed. They took a beautiful, unique work of art and made just another traditional FPS game out of it. Great job! You succeeded. You've attracted all of the FPS clans now and they are ruining the balance of the games and driving all the users away.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

not a damn thing , no depth in the regen dept , no point to really as it only unlocks camos and banners . to regen gives you no ingame content which is a shame as there are so much potential to regen if they gave something more substantial than a camo or banner . like a new pilot skin model or titan model even a new chain of weapon unlocks to have something different in game.

• Like Like x 3
  6. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Yeah, something. Anything. And make us work to have to regen. It shouldn't be, "Everyone gets a trophy", because then it means nothing.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Trini Chinese

yeh i agree , back in the day this would be ok as to the limitation of the tech back then and was cool at the time , but this is next gen for pc and consoles with 4k tech it almost feel lazy in a way and i say this because smaller indie dev's can do thing like this with out a sweat so AAA Devs should know better , i have this feeling that Respawn has or had plans for the factions but is being held back by EA , it's too elementary for an experience Dev to ignore a concept gamers from a forum can figure out , but then again the only way for tech to get cheaper is to make it accessible to the civilian market . they should have a DEV kit for pc i would like to see what the MOD community could do with the tech.

8. ReedyChannel146

ReedyChannel146 Generation 2

I am still testing out different weapons, load outs, boosts and such but already know what type of weapon works for me. But if there were challenges to unlock special stuff I would probably try others more.

There is something definitely missing in the leveling process.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

within the leveling process there should be something to mak weapons be more accurate, do more damage, and titnas resist more damage

• Like Like x 1
  10. Trini Chinese

agreed , better scopes , or attachments and so on. but some will argue that this will make the game unbalance. i say i will not as there is no difference on when a player unlocks a weapon or attachment when starting off playing as any player at launch will have an advantage to a player let say that started at Christmas or new year.

and if this is a big deal then implement rank specific games only in matchmaking, were players at certain rank will not match up with new or low rank players . like what they do in other games ,

the amount of attachments in the current game is very limited just like the first game , not saying go crazy with allot of scopes but at lease enough to have a variety in the zoom department, like a red dot have 2 or 3 different types to have a different , same goes for the other scopes have 2 or 3 different types that function the same but look different on your weapon in game.

it's the same concept as the PRIME TITANS , different look same Titan and function. which i was all for and support am just not a fan of the locked in weapon load out. as i like the feel that if i can change weapons for my pilot why not for my titan am down with the core being lock in but having 2 things locked in limits the Titans , i understand they were going with the predictable game play by having a know what you are looking at on screen one will know what they are fighting , i just feel that custom load outs would have played out better and the dev's would not have to keep coming up with specific titans to fill in the gaps. ,
    All that would be needed would be titans with specific core's .

prediction for the year 2017 in DLC

1 new prime titan every 2 months for the rest of the year.
    more camo's to what is already there.
    4 player arena.
    5 or 6 new maps. if that many.
    play as BT as a skin and this will be paid dlc depending on which titan class you pick you will have BT as the titan .
    maybe an coop mode or hoard type mode with waves of enemy's similar to bounty hunt but a 4 player coop.
    a map once a month or each quarter for the training arena .or even only A new map .
    MassEffect camo or titan skin .

far fetch DLC
    2 to 3 more new Titan class if any.
    2 to 3 more new pilots if any,
    new guns in each section if any.

• Like Like x 2
  11. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Trini my boy, none of these arguments are against you, but against those who would make those arguments.

There are no valid arguments for things like different guns or scopes for pilots or custom loadouts for titans creating an imbalance. When you have invited traditional FPS clans who have been playing coordinated for years into this game by making it a giant traditional FPS magnet, and then you reward them by giving them their Boosts faster for "good play" and subsequently their titans faster for more "good play", there is not a darn thing you could do that would that would create more of an imbalance than that. So as long as they are not going to address that and do everything possible to eliminate it, any arguments about imbalance for anything else is just nibbling around the edges and a waste of time. AND FURTHER, if you are going to allow the FPS clan imbalance to remain, then if these minor imbalances are things that would make the game more fun for people, then they should be done without debate about balance.

ABSOLUTELY!!! Even further, you could leave these preset titans, but bring the 3 classic titans back with fully customizable loadouts for those. I NEED (not want, but NEED) to lay Ronin's and their little attitudes on their backsides with my Stryder with Dash Core, Electric Smoke, Cluster Missiles, 40MM Cannon, Auto Eject and Nuke Eject.

You know, I don't understand this. You know sometimes if someone makes an argument like you should be able to carry 5 weapons like in Borderlands and someone else will say, "Oh no, you can't do that it would not be realistic." Really? Well this predictable game play is not realistic. Do you think guys on the battlefield wear billboards so that the enemy knows what they are facing? This was just part of the dumbing down of the game.

Well, I hope you are right Trini, because even though I think your predictions are conservative, I believe they are also too optimistic. Many of your predictions are assuming they will support this game all the way to the end of 2017. You have to remember, TF1 came out 3/15/14 and the final support that game came on 10/22/14 (about 7 months later) and they were actually getting paid for DLC on that one. If TF2 follows that pattern, support will probably not go much further than 5/28/17. Also, they were not even tied up with a far more marketable Star Wars game while supporting TF1.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

new attatchments will not make the game unbalance, for there are players with totally different equipment in both teams, it's very uhnlikely that in one team there are only rookies and in the other team only experienced veterans with the best equipment, and whn you level up and get better gear there will also be newcomers,

if we talk about unbalance, i think Legion is overpowered, the predator cannon does too much damage too fast, but that's just my point of view

with all due respect, this thread is not about future dlc's, ther are other threads for that subject :)

so, for now, leveling up is only to unlock camos, sins, etc, nothing more

• Like Like x 2
  13. Trini Chinese

agreed , the game is not balanced , and is limited to what players have to play with , as soon as they tweak one titan it will affect the others . as the map design's were cratered / designed to the locked in cores and weapons . along other things.
    Legion i can handle , he can be a bit overpowered depending on which map , ronin is very annoying as the maps are tight to move around at times with titans and all of this is also tied in with which mode one play's .

Ps Derrame , with all due respect , while the tread is not about future dlc , it is tired in to the topic , to the reason hence we do not have any current features as stated before by you , me and others , no more weapons , noting to make the weapons function better or shoot better and more powerful, no more unlocks for titan's so fort and so fort .all of this is tired in as to what we want as gamers and what we would like to see as none of this is in the game and to have any if we do get would be in the form of dlc / or a new game.:)
    so the only way to have a point in leveling up other that unlocking new camos and to give leveling up more substance is with DLC , weather it be in forms of challenges etc etc .

great points to the weapon unlocks as i have been stating this for a long time and fully agree with you on this , as having a system other that the beginning of the multiplayer tree , to keep players interested and to give a more substantial reason to level up rather than just colors / camo's there are other things they could do to give the game and the modes more depth and function .
    as this is all that is there to unlock and to level up has no other propose other than to unlock different camo's . so i 100% agree and then some . also in any game or shooter , getting unlocks new unlocks do and will give a player that play long enough a slight advantage , this is one of the core reason to unlock something for a weapon as it enhances the weapon , example a scope give a player a better view on Target acquisition than what stock iron sights will provide .
    granted it may not be a quantum leap in an advancement but one none the less , but a small advantage not too much that it makes the more experience player too strong to the new but something to at lease there to achieve to make a weapon feel or function better for the user.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Trini Chinese

when i say i understand why and what they did in the predicable department of how the game is , currently does not mean i agree with it, as this concept works best with other elements mixed in the array of how the game is / design .
    the concept respawn put in the current game with the hero titan like some call it , was to give players a visual offensive tactic when they play the game so as a player players and see's what he or she is physical fighting and knowing that this titan has X amount of or offensive abilities and X amount of Defensive abilities a player will approach that said titan a certain way , hence the predictable gameplay this combined with the map design and other thing they tweaked with the pilots .
    Do i agree with this style concept in titanfall 2 , than depends. On certain elements if added to the game from a visual tactic point of view . then yes is the answer.
    as to having weapon load outs locked in with there cores i do not . and this is were IMO i think is where they went wrong as to limit the players in there choices , hence the reason one will see certain titans being played more that some and the reason is due to the locked in load outs and limited titans , think of each titan as a gun only , we are now limited to only the amount of guns / titans that the game .
    so this is what i meant by when i said / wrote i understand what they are trying to do , does not mean i agree with what they did and i do agree it is a way of dumbing down what the original had in it's core game design.

As for battlefield they have a similar concept with visual tactics and locked in player models as when in game a player can tell a sniper from a medic to a heavy gunner all by just appearance alone and that helps contribute to how a player approaches the other . example if i am playing with a Calvary class i will not attack a heavy gunner head on but a sniper i will and this is due to the different and unique model design of each player in the game from a visual tactic . but because due to to other element in that game a player also has choices as the map design also help to contribute to this tactic and concept. example same class but in a wide open area as a Calvary i am stronger so even doe i would not stand a chance in a rural environment fighting a heavy gunner i may stand a chance in a open area but all the wile still knowing just from a visual point of view what i am fighting can make a difference. all of this combined with other suttle elements make a difference in the gameplay experience.

cheers mate happy new year,

ps more on the borderlands topic later tonight , see you then. cheers.

15. DARK BAWGS

DARK BAWGS Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

The end game is mediocrity - no ranking system (not that I liked it) and not achievements that are meaningful. I laugh at their lame attempt at challenges - like get 100 kills with the Hemlock and you get a new camo - so WTF! It's like the education system in Ontario, no one fails and teachers (my ex was one) can't even give honest feedback to a student. If everyone gets a pass (Regenerates) without really earning it you wind up with mediocrity...

16. DARK BAWGS

DARK BAWGS Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

There was a thread a while ago "To "Re" or not to "Re" that is the question..." we really beat this topic to death and had the same thoughts that are beening expressed here. This is such a major short coming in the game that it could result in players getting bored and leaving unless Respawn gets off their collective behinds and makes some fixes...

I like the idea of being able to upgrade your weapons or select various load outs for you Titans and these changes only need to make subtle changes not game altering. One caution we don't want it to get like COD!

• Like Like x 2
  17. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

i won't attack BT! :(

• Like Like x 1
  18. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I pretty much agree with everything you said and Derrame, I see you started this thread and if I helped drag it off course, I apologize.

• Like Like x 1
  19. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

My argument was not with you Trini and it's OK if you understand why they did some things. Me personally, when it comes to any type of battle (war, sports, games, etc.), I always prefer the element of surprise. I don't want to know what the other guy is packing until I hear it and I don't want him to know what I'm packing either. That makes it more interesting and challenging. (less dumbed down)

• Like Like x 2
  20. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

ABSOLUTELY AGREE!!!

Too late. :)

• Like Like x 1