What's the point of level up?

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by Derrame, Dec 14, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

so, for the leveling up process to have some meaning , the next update must add new features, things that really enhance gameplay

• Like Like x 2
  2. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

agreed, as it stands right now currently it is sub par. for the caliber titanfall 2 should be in as a game .
    that simple concept in all games , what does it mean to level up. to get stronger to enhance one's player in game , i would gladly keep doing task in game if it meant i would have a new tool to play with or to help enhance my player , wile camos are cool it is just not enough , i would like a co op mode added to encourage in game task to unlock new weapons , play on certain maps and complete task in X amount of time and gain a new weapon to play with like Mass Effect 2 multiplayer am down with that .

• Like Like x 2
  3. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Yeah, agreed. I would also say that it is not necessarily just about getting an enhancement or something. Actually, it would just be nice for it to be more challenging, so that is not just like everyone gets a trophy, because then it doesn't mean anything. Being forced to use titans you don't like, weapons you don't like, ordinances you don't like, etc., makes you get better and stronger, because you not only learn how to use all the weapons (and maybe even find some you like), but it is only by using them that you learn the best way to defend against them.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

im gfine with having all titans and weaons available from the start, i'm neutral abut it
    what i'd like is to have new elments that really change/enhance gameplay, as we level up
    a level 10 weapon does the same damage as alvel 0 weapon? it makes no sense
    a level 10 titan resists the same as a level 0 titan? no, just no

and of course new maps, weapons, titans, boosts

im so anxious to see more of the fronteer, new planets, want to know more and "do" more

the multplayer until now seems like a free sample

• Like Like x 2
  5. ReedyChannel146

ReedyChannel146 Generation 2

There needs to be things for us to work for that helps in game like weapons or stronger defense or what have you, other wise why even grind to level up. Key is to keep balance, don't put anything in that doesn't have a counter. Like most boosts are situational and have there place when they shine. I would like to see an amped defense similar to amped weapons as just one idea.

Camo's are fine but without a social space who even sees them? Really only thing you really get to show off is your banner (and patch) if you finish top 3 at the end. And unless i am missing something after 1st regen they are all the same except maybe holo, or have fire in front of them, but i don't see any that are like wow i need to earn that.

Many other game with cosmetics show the team before match or winning team after, there cosmetics would have a larger impact IMHO. Note i run pretty much no camo so my need to grind for them really doesn't exist, my son is more into that stuff.

Just some food for thought.....

• Like Like x 3
  6. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Yeah, make it worth while. Give you a reason to Gen up or Level up.

I really hope you read this stuff Respawn, because you have players who are trying so hard to like your game and they are just wanting you to give them a reason to stay. If you don't, they are going to get bored and walk away at some point.

Good description. It does feel that way, doesn't it?

• Like Like x 4
  7. Trini Chinese

welcome brother,
    Agreed 100%
    i too also play with out camos as it makes no sense to even have them on as it do noting to enhance the players in the current state
    And i do agree after a player regen it all looks the same other that a glow around the banner .
    this is a lazy way if putting game content IMO no real substance , and you are correct with out a in game place to show off what a player has earned all it does is make your screen look good as no one else will see it pretty much.
    they could have made different titan voices even for players to unlock , no wait lol the titans in the game don't talk back to there pilots like the first lol.
    there is no Wow factor and i strongly agree with you with that . it is sub par .
    i tell you i still like the concept of faction earned pilot and titan models / skins that look a specific way for each faction. like what they did with the prime titans . heck even faction exclusive pilot and titan executions .
    with this concept it will not affect game play or function as it will be cosmetic. they have the know how so why not implement this as unlocks to regen and play as a specific faction , heck they could add a whole new unlock Tree , this will not do any thing to the current balance in game even doe it not balance but what the heck why not.

they could implement this with weapons also to give a bit of variaty , and not to affect balance of current weapons that are in the game the current guns can be use as a base model example 2 main guns in game are the R102 and the CAR they could use these guns as the base models but have different variation or models for each faction but the only difference they will have is appearance the guns look and sound different but function the same .
    if they did this it would eliminate a lot of things and give the game more depth .

• Like Like x 3
  8. KernelClamjuice

KernelClamjuice Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Everything about the game feels empty.

• Like Like x 3
  9. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Exactly!!!

• Like Like x 1
  10. DARK BAWGS

DARK BAWGS Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

It does have some weak points but it certainly is not empty in my opinion. It is still fun to play and if Respawn gets off their collective behinds it can be made into a truly great game.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Trini Chinese

yep agreed , but the game is getting boring and it is understandable why some if not most feel that way.
    i did see a camo / skin for my titan i would like to keep and have but i will have to play as ION till gen 10 lol.

• Like Like x 2
  12. DARK BAWGS

DARK BAWGS Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

Trini, I agree and have said as much in other posts. There certainly is an element of boredom given the few maps and the "time played" method of Regenerating - it really sucks! What is keeping me going is that I just want to get to Gen 10 on both consoles and we will see then - I want to give the game a chance!

What does concern me is that there is so much TF2 bashing I feel it is doing more harm than good. Much of what I read is redundant to the point of also being boring. I am not saying the points raised are not valid it is just that they are rehashed over and over. If anyone thinks that is going to help all I can say is "...get a life!"

I suspect Respawn does have some plans and hope they do something soon or this game will die like TF1 did and I for one do not want that to happen. My cynical side feels that the heavy hand of EA is behind a lot of the issues starting with rushing Respawn to launch with poor timing and when they were not finished with their final development.

There is a lot to like and enjoy in this game plus great potential so lets give them some support and have faith in Respawn...

• Like Like x 3
  13. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

This is the problem. When is that going to happen? And even if it does, is it going to be enough?

I mean Prime titan skins, more camos and one new map just isn't going to cut it.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Trini Chinese

I think all members are giving there support and they have faith in respawn, that is why a lot of us here are very active on the forums . and still up to this day, granted some may bash the game but remember this is part of it so this will happen from time to time this is not something exclusive tho the titanfall community but all forums will experience this .
    and you have to take into account that players may sound like they are bashing the game but at times are just replying to a topic or tread or a comment so on and so on . and it is to be expected . hence at time things sound repetitive.

i strongly agree that players can over do it sometimes and can bash a game or topic to the point it get annoying and can be bad for the out come or future of the game , but also equally as bad to give a false phrase to a game or item or what have you, can also be bad. so it's a give and take sometimes . reason i tend to say take or read thing with a grain of salt . make sense out of nonsense.

i say let those say what they need to say , repetitive or not , so be it . good , bad , at lease they give valid reason like you said at lease a new member or old member to the forums each have there own personality in the way they express themselves . you me and many others that chat and post on here daily or weekly have a common place and even the new members , each in there own way .

As for me , i like being here not just for the game but i do enjoy the debates and the members in the community , some may not agree and some will agree . but the conversation at times are not just about titan fall but in the end about a game experience . among other things. hence the many topics and post .

The one thing IMO people have is Faith and that could be with any thing , and the one thing that goes hand in hand and fuel Faith is Time . which eventually for all of us will run out .

So only time will tell mate only time will tell . but like you i have Faith ! cheers.

ps am excited to see what will be the outcome of there Star Wars game and what direction and story it will take .

• Like Like x 1
  15. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I agree Trini. Well said.

DARK, if there is any TF2 bashing going on, you know, there is one way to stop that, because you said it:
    I have faith for 2 reasons:
    1) TF1 is still my favorite video game of all time and Respawn made it.
    2) "Obi-DARK Kenobi, you're my only hope" and I hope your marketing theory comes through.

And, if I am part of what seems like "bashing", it is only because I care about the game and if I don't put my two cents in about where I think mistakes were made or for the direction I think things should go, no one is going to do it for me.

Believe me, if they do something great, I will be the first to shout it from the rooftops. The Single Player Campaign was awesome!!! The new jacked up Stim is amazing!

• Like Like x 3
  16. Pitch_Invader

Pitch_Invader Generation 2

I think the original Regeneration function in T1 was also a stalling tactic to keep players involved with the same maps, but at least in T1 each successive Regen got easier and gave you more burn card room. I am still ambivalent about this game. Last night on the Eden map I played against someone who was a bouncing Tigger the entire time and it sent Call of Duty chills down my spine. I really wish T2 that we've been playing was the almost-released version and that they were still scrubbing bugs from it.

• Like Like x 2
  17. DARK BAWGS

DARK BAWGS Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

En, I never meant to imply that any of the posters on this forum don't care, quite the contrary. It is just that sometimes all I hear are the negatives and not much positive. Now I am really going to upset some folks, you included;

In thinking back over much of the commentary on this forum, I get the impression that the most vocal group are the PC gamers - perhaps I am wrong but universally (outside the forum) console players are much more positive in their comments. If my impression is correct then that is a problem - it becomes a game of numbers. The PC community is much smaller therefore it is less likely that Respawn is going to make major investments to satisfy this small segment. Take for example the anti-cheat/hacking software you have suggested they acquire, if I understand correctly this is only a problem on PC's; in fact it is the reason I bought my first console. If this is correct then I doubt they would be able to see an acceptable Return on Investment (ROI).

If this game were a raging financial success then yes they might spend because they could afford to do this as a customer service support issue. Given their limited success they are going to invest where the biggest potential for growth exists.

I could be wrong but it is worth considering...

• Like Like x 2
  18. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

maybe pc players care more about quality and art and are more aware of Respawn's potential than the console players?

maybe console playes just settle with the game as it is or they like generic fps games and tf2 is ok for them

maybe they don't use forums as much as pc players do,

single player was top notch, 10/10,
    graphics,animations, effects, too,
    multplayers is seamless, perfect performance, fluid, dynamic, fast, fun, But is lacking that what made tf1 unique,
    (english is not my language so i cannot express it perfectly) context, ambience, set up, info, backstory, some gameplay elements like the navigator video telling you when the titan is ready, some call it a "living, breathing wold"
    tf 2 is more pilot-fps focused
    in a game called "Titanfall" 2, titans are just boosts or expendable tools! not the protagonists!

i have not yet seen any counter meassure against cheaters or hackers i encounter them often in mp,

besides there have been no word from the devs about future updates or dlc's
    a new year has begun, no news yet, ...

• Like Like x 3
  19. Trini Chinese

well said , and you have a very valid point. and i would agree with you that most vocal are pc based gamers, as for my self am also vocal and am not a pc gamer but a console player and i can like you understand what they are voicing as they are pretty much the same not so much the cheating but other things gamers tend to voice good and bad .
    i also agree with you on the point of why respawn may have not invested in the pc as much and i believe ensc and myself have covered this before with others before launch as there were issues with getting the collector edition for pc from day one.that and no alpha for ps and so on.

and i also believe it is like you said a game of numbers .
    bravo mate , well said
    great points and i agree ,

yep i agree , no news yet as far as i know .

• Like Like x 3
  20. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Perhaps the most vocal group are the PC gamers, but even if the PC community is smaller, this should not be an excuse to not take care of things that a good game developer should want to take care of from a pride and ethical standpoint. I mean, think about it, if you are going to sell 10 million copies of a game at an average of $60 per unit and gross $60 million, then you should be able to at least take $600,000 (1%) of that and hire 3 top notch developers who know what they are doing in each area.
    $200,000 - developer to create rock solid anti-cheat system based on what Blizzard is doing with Overwatch
    $200,000 - developer to create rock solid matchmaking system based on what Blizzard is doing with Overwatch
    $200,000 - developer to create rock solid server system to eliminate as much lag as possible

If you were a company that had any pride and self respect, that would be done already and I shouldn't have to be talking about it. Even if it is a small segment of your community, you owe them that. They deserve that.

• Like Like x 3