Whats up with the electric smoke?

Discussion in 'Titanfall 360 & Xbox One' started by SmoothCitrus, Oct 18, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. SmoothCitrus

SmoothCitrus Generation 1

Why can't I go through my own electric smoke anymore without it damaging me? If I don't leave the smoke after I deploy it I'm fine but if I move out and come back through it, it damages me...Did they change how the electric smoke works?

2. BigDaddyHotGue

BigDaddyHotGue Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

Hmmm?? I hadn't noticed this... Will have to test it out too. So you pop smoke, leave the cloud then re-enter before it dissipates. If you do that (assuming no enemy Titan popped smoke in the same area of course) you get damaged by your own electric smoke. Is that right?

3. Sulq

Sulq Generation 5

It shouldn't damage you.

4. SmoothCitrus

SmoothCitrus Generation 1

Yeah I thought the same thing the first 2 or 3 times it happened but its my own smoke that's damaging me. Is this something that could only be messed up on my game somehow? I'm at prestige 1 level 50 and every time I play a game of last titan standing I keep getting the awards of new customization slot for a titan, pilot, and 2 other slots for something. Could this be linked to my electric smoke somehow?

5. palathe4th

palathe4th Generation 3

Hmmm, it goes to show you that smoking is bad for your health, whether it is your smoke, or someone else's smoke (passive smoking).

• Like Like x 3
  6. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I use the smoke all the time and never noticed this. I'll have a gander later on myself.

7. Sulq

Sulq Generation 5

I used to smoke. When I realized I was doing it more than just socially is when I quit.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Peter Oglos

Peter Oglos Generation 3

Yeah i've been noticing that as well in my games, it's really weird

9. palathe4th

palathe4th Generation 3

Add electric to that smoke, and you have a lethal combination for your social life, as well as your health :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. BigDaddyHotGue

BigDaddyHotGue Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

Okay... I've tested this several times. I've been in and out of my own smoke lots of times and never been damaged... But I have noticed a lot of other players with smoke popping off theirs soon after mine. I'd be willing to bet that @SmoothCitris has found that he's getting damaged by second hand smoke and not really his own...?? Best answer I can come up with because I've not been able to recreate the problem. Sorry!

• Agree Agree x 1