What's your favorite game in recent memory?

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by WhoIsDo, Jan 31, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Generation 7
    Administrator

I've played a TON of great games in the past few years, but honestly... Left 4 Dead stands out for me. I put in so many hours on that game, and the multiplayer experiences for it are second to none.

The original Gears of War stands out for me as well, because I dumped way too many hours into the multiplayer portion of that game as well. But overall, Left 4 Dead had some of the coolest moments & craziest encounters.

What about you?

2. Lateralus082

Lateralus082 Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

Holy shit, Team Fortress 2. That game made me laugh every time, either from the glitches we found, or the hilarity of the community.

• Like Like x 2
  3. OujaStrike

OujaStrike Generation 4 Level 50
    Elite Pilot

Gears of War still to this day GoW is so different from your average shooter

4. angryfacing

angryfacing Generation 2

I'd have to agree with WhoIsDo. Left 4 Dead was a game that I just spent countless hours on with my friends. So many memories of just messing around and having fun, as well as playing the game and trying to beat that game on expert (still can't do it).

Wasn't a huge fan of L4D2, but maybe because the original was still fresh. Hopefully if/when the third one comes out, it'll have been a while for me to put many more hours into it!

5. RampantJew

RampantJew Generation 2

Call of Duty 4! For me it is the best FPS of all time!!! Well at least until TitanFall comes out :p

6. Laddie13

Laddie13 Generation 4

Probably the Uncharted games. I can play them at any given moment, and still enjoy it. God Of War is also a franchise I never tire of.

7. Jim Tuna

Jim Tuna Generation 3
    Elite Pilot

Gears of War. That was my all time favorite franchise on the 360. Played all of them religiously, I was even a Reaper on Judgment.

8. KingOfGaems

KingOfGaems Helpin' you in the best way, day by day.
    Elite Pilot

Personally, I love the Sly Cooper series. One of my favorite series EVER. Played all of them (except the recent one, which I need to get).

• Like Like x 1
  9. Neurotic Kasper

Neurotic Kasper Generation 2

Halo 2 on XBC(XboxConnect) Played Halo 2 there for over 2 years and I've never had so much fun and good memories while playing with people around the world.

10. GammonMaster

GammonMaster O.G. Original Gamer Before Platform Shoes, Baby!
    Elite Pilot

Fallout 3. Months of time and lack of sleep. That game even changed my eating habits. Still have display cases dedicated to all the collectibles.
    Skyrim. Lost in the story and the freedom. Wonder how my new house is going...got to go check

COD4 was my FPS addiction and I agree, the best FPS still. BO1 was close second.

11. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

Played a lot of COD4....................one of the best!!!!!!!!

12. CRUCIAL

CRUCIAL Generation 4

Streetfighter 4 in any of its iterations, I absolutely love the complexity and competitiveness of it. It's a game I always have time for, and it's been a constant for me and my friends for years now. I still nip onto my 360 just to play it when I have the chance.
    Actually going to a national tournament for it at the end of this month which I'm looking forward too.

13. pantong51

pantong51 Generation 4

Dishonored gave me some great gameplay! After that i would say, Planetside 2

14. MysteriousScaRe

MysteriousScaRe Generation 2

Counter-Strike :D

• Like Like x 1
  15. Bardiel18

Bardiel18 Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

Most recent are Fire Emblem: Awakening & The Last of Us. (sorry, I'll be repeating quite a few things from other topics) War Thunder was fun too. PAYDAY 2 I would include, pre-patch - the most recent one just made things too hard.

The year before last, some friends and I had a blast playing MP Ghost Recon: Future Soldier. Under-hyped and under-appreciated I think (but then I know some hardcore GR fans that say they butchered the series).

Earlier in the previous generation, Halo 3 stands out for me, again because of the 4-player coop and having a dedicated (but casual) team in MP. Forza 2 and 3 round out the list with some pretty awesome times setting up our own championships.

16. Pilot_KC

Pilot_KC 6th Gen Pilot
    Elite Pilot

1. Half Life 2 series
    2. Mass Effect Series
    3. Left 4 Dead 1 and 2.
    4. Battlefield 2142

In that order!

• Like Like x 1
  17. RayFromJersey

RayFromJersey Generation 4

I was obsessed with War Thunder for a few weeks recently. Loved playing simple arcade matches.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Smokie

Smokie Generation 1

Gears Of War 2 :D

19. MissMayhem

MissMayhem Generation 3

Aw man, Counter-strike.. Good memories

20. MissMayhem

MissMayhem Generation 3

Mass Effect trilogy. I've got so many hours invested in that game despite the ME3 ending.

• Like Like x 1