Where have the Grunts & Spectres gone!?

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by SgtPain, Nov 1, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. SgtPain

SgtPain Generation 4

#1 SgtPain, Nov 1, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
    In TF1 the action was none stop because you were always coming across little groups of grunts and spectres.

However, there don't seem to be any in Amped Hardpoint and I barely come across them in attrition.

It seems to me that the haters of the game who wanted a COD with mechs got their way and those of us who championed it have been forgotten.

Those little guys added character. Poor little sods only ever lasted 20 seconds after exiting their drop ships. They made the maps feel alive even though there were only ever 12 human players running around at any given point.

Now you can run around and not see a soul for what seems like minutes until you catch glimpse of another pilot you have to chase down.

I thought the compromise for only having 6 players a team was a living world swamped with AI?

What happened?

"This town is getting like a ghost town, all the grunts have been shut down"

• Like Like x 2
  2. Wickerman

Wickerman Generation 4

Well, according to Jon Shiring from Respawn, it was Microsoft's Cloud Processing that allowed this. Once the game went multi-platform we lost this. Here's the text and I'll link the full article from a few years ago below.

Respawn lead artist Joel Emslie had told Eurogamer at E3 that Titanfall, an Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC game, would make use of the cloud for AI and physics computations, and Shiring backed this assertion up.

"You can get even more CPU on your dedicated servers to do new things like dozens of AI and giant autopilot titans," he said.

But there's more to the cloud than dedicated servers. Shiring highlighted how Forza 5 will use Azure to study your driving style in order to create custom AI that behaves like you do. "That's totally different from what Titanfall uses it for, and it's really cool!" he said. "So it's not accurate to say that the Xbox Live cloud is simply a system for running dedicated servers - it can do a lot more than that."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...one-cloud-following-a-lot-of-confusion-online

• Like Like x 1
  3. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

First, very cool Eddie from Iron Maiden picture! Love them.

I'm not sure what you are saying though. SgtPain was asking why not as much AI as in TF1 and it seems like you are sharing something explaining why there are more AI.

4. SgtPain

SgtPain Generation 4

Well that f'kin sucks!

From what I can now gather there are NO bots in hardpoint at all. They used to set up little communication HQs and be sat at computers and stuff. They would pull injured colleagues into cover and chat with each other like "Why are there female pilots and no female grunts?", and "
    Grunt 1: I figured out what I'm gonna say next time I kill a Pilot.
    Grunt 2: What's that?
    Grunt 1: Who's cannon fodder now, b****?"

https://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/...of_imc_grunt_dialogue_transcript_in_comments/

So we just have them in bounty hunt? Ah man that really really sucks. It just changes the character of the game. Yes they were cannon fodder but that was the whole point! It meant you were never more than 10 seconds away from more action. You could hack spectres, mobilize little gangs of grunts to work for you and hide use them as bait in ambushes.

No regen challenges and no grunts..... I honestly can't see myself playing this beyond Gen 1.

How disappointing :(

• Like Like x 1
  5. Wickerman

Wickerman Generation 4

Thanks on the Eddie :) I'm a huge Maiden fan! I was sharing info from 2013. That was Respawn talking about how they can use Microsoft's Cloud Processing to make more AI. Now that the game is no longer exclusive to MS, they had to drop any extra benefit they may have had in the original TItanfall from MS Cloud Processing. And according to Jon Shiring from Respawn, that included lots of AI.

• Like Like x 1
  6. KernelClamjuice

KernelClamjuice Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Every Aspect of the game is dumbed down compared to T1.

The attention to detail is very subpar comparably.....

I just received my "The Art Of Titanfall " hardcover.....

Upon review.....the details in T2 to T1 are subpar again. The T2 pics and drawings look extremely cartoonish........

Someone or something happened. Some special person or persons that was or were once on the team between launches is no longer present....and they are that special person or persons because the book....gaming guide and art book are not up to par with that of the first.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Hey Kernel, I agree 1000% buddy. I saw some dude posted a threaded and was able to include a poll at the top. I think you will get a kick out of the poll I asked him to do. Check this out:
    http://www.titanfall-community.com/threads/tf2-lack-of-frontier-defense.7880/#post-50185

8. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Ahh, I see what you were saying now. That makes sense. Thanks.