Forum Why are people so quick to give negative ratings?

Discussion in 'Feedback, Issues & Suggestions' started by Sulq, May 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Sulq

Sulq Generation 5

I've notified that on this forum, you can be having a mature discussion and people dislike posts just because they don't agree with your opinion.

I've never been on a forum where you can get dislikes for having a mature though out discussion.

I've only ever given out negative ratings if the person is incredibly immature, close-minded, or for just trolling.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. BallisticDad

BallisticDad Played the very first FPS! *Duck Hunt*
    Elite Pilot

I hear where your coming from, but the system you are talking about is very limited. This is that very same system, just with expanded options. I kinda enjoy the extra options.

Personally, I think the Dislike should not be a negative point. I think it should just be no points or neutral.

3. Sulq

Sulq Generation 5

If you 'dislike' or 'disagree' with an opinion, I think its better to quote said statement and say "I disagree with this because...".

Let the person know why you disagree if you're going to give negative ratings. This is all my opinion. Feel free to 'dislike' this if you wish.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Junaid

Junaid Generation 1

A lot of people on here seem to be uptight nerds who get offended incredibly easy. Very annoying. It's probably best we just remove all negative ratings and only have a like button (like how it used to be IIRC).

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Trolling/Spam Trolling/Spam x 1
  5. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Generation 7
    Administrator

There's a good point raised in this thread regarding negative ratings, honestly. I've switched the "Dislike" button to be a "neutral" rating for the time being.

While I understand you may feel some sort of way towards certain members, nothing positive comes out of posting this publicly.

I'm locking this thread to throttle further arguments.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.