Why can't you install TF on the 360 hard drive?

Discussion in 'Titanfall 360 & Xbox One' started by SteelCurtain, May 1, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. SteelCurtain

SteelCurtain Generation 3

I'm actually a One owner but my boss who is still currently on the 360 but he says when he goes into "game details" he doesn't get the option & we both find it weird. Does anybody have any details on why this is?

2. ThatTitanfallGuy

ThatTitanfallGuy Generation 3

The game is Multiplayer Only. The load times wouldnt be affected by downloading the game to the hard drive.
    Unless thats not what hes going for.

3. PaperMask

PaperMask Generation 2

IIRC it has something to do with the texture streaming, I'm sure a more tech-savvy forum member can explain it better than I could. Apparently this is also the reason TF isn't being made available for download on Games on Demand.

4. Bumwhiskers

Bumwhiskers Generation 2

You can install TF on an Xbox 360 hard drive, just not the 4GB edition. Because the 4GB edition is flash memory.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Damien Hellegaard

Damien Hellegaard Generation 2

You are partially wrong. Yes the game is multiplayer only, but what do you think is on the disc? You don't download the maps everytime you start a match. So in fact yes, installing the game would improve load times, but only for starting the match (by having the map loaded from HDD) and maybe less fps drop during the match. But you are correct with saying the load times for server and matchmaking wouldn't improve.

6. Damien Hellegaard

Damien Hellegaard Generation 2

I have a 120gb HDD and I still can't install.

7. PaperMask

PaperMask Generation 2

That's because the previous poster is incorrect. There is no install option for 360 TF. You need 1.2Gb that the game uses to cache the HD textures, this optimisation runs each time you place the disc in the drive - if you look in Games and Apps in storage you will see it's not installed. There is no full install option.

8. THE_oldy

THE_oldy Generation 2

Yeh it uses the disk drive for more bandwidth for texture streaming I think. Like bandwidth must be near maxed out for the hard drive. This is why the titanfall needs the disk spinning constantly.

9. PaperMask

PaperMask Generation 2

And that's one of the reasons I play my 360 games wearing headphones...!