Why No Mic????

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by BallisticDad, Mar 30, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. BallisticDad

BallisticDad Played the very first FPS! *Duck Hunt*
    Elite Pilot

You so smart! lol

2. Corstaad

Corstaad Generation 2

Hehe I picked up the mic today to agree with a pilot about gooser kills and was told " fuck your mom in my ass whole". That about sums up xbox one communication.

3. BallisticDad

Elite Pilot

So you mute him and than talk to the rest of your team. I am sorry you ran into an imature asshole scum of xbox, however its not always like that.

4. The Juggernaut

The Juggernaut Generation 7

I don't like talking to myself. I only use Mics if I have to and if I generally know the people like someone on these forums. Even then I only talk about important stuff like 'Going to D' '3 Atlas's charging C', and 'HE'S ONTOP OF ME AFREGRGD'
    I have yet to use the mic in titanfall. But The Xbox 1's mic aint so bad.

5. BallisticDad

Elite Pilot

Nice to hear your willing to communicate. SO many aren't. See you in game.

6. The Juggernaut

Ya ingame... Just sayin', you're gonna have to convince me to use the Mic. It's possible but you know.....

7. BallisticDad

Elite Pilot

Sorry Bud, I only play with those who use mics. Sure hope your mic is plugged in when I invite you... lol

8. The Juggernaut

You sick bastard! Convincing me to use a mic by saying you wont play with me! Fine. I'll use the damn mic.

9. BallisticDad

Elite Pilot

Hahaha Sorry dude. When I play I am usually in a group with guys all using there mic.

10. The Juggernaut

You sick sick bastard. I'll use a mic now on k?

11. BallisticDad

Elite Pilot

lol, cool. Ill be on tonight around 9. Lets get a few in.

12. The Juggernaut

Errr cant. Gotta study for some tests. Im probably going to be studying till midnight.

13. Jackaustin

Jackaustin Generation 3

For me it's a mixture

> as soon as I open my mouth "ohh a Brit do you like tea...Harry potter quotes and I must have bad teeth"
    ( jokes get old after 10 years of gaming)

> so there for I chose to sit in an XBL party with friends or mumble/TS/Skype

Sad really I met my best mate today in a "online match" over 8 years ago and will be his best man next year.
    You get to meet some really cool people it's a shame so many people spoil it

Plus I really don't like listing to music down the mic...that happens a lot!!

14. Corstaad

Corstaad Generation 2

Yup some ghetto redneck thinks he can rap. Sounds like he gobbeling something. Ten year old talking about rape. People acting like we care if they're stoned(fyi get outside its practically a social norm). Its the same bit over and over. I spend atleast three times as much time muting then talking.

15. Iron Man

Iron Man Generation 4

I feel your pain BallisticDad. Ever since I ended my eSports team I only ever game now with a friend or on my own.

I have attempted a few times with a headset and "talking" to others to try get some teamwork going but nothing. On Battlefield 4 a couple of months back however I stuck up for one guy as some kid was being racist. It was no sweat off of my back and the guy really didn't need to thank me as much as he did, but after inviting me into a party to "chat" and game... ugh, biggest mistake as he started preaching about politics, ribs, weed, alcohol etc... oh and then started to eat doritos and ribs down my ear hole whilst belching, not burping, full on belching down the mic... I dare not go on.

Anyway that's my rant over but that experience put me off bothering until Titanfall and now, after witnessing what a friend does, I can only assume if the smallest bit of sound comes through the speakers from your mic, boom, like that you're muted. With the way the new X1 "reputation" system works too it'd be annoying to think just because you said hello you're getting "negative feedback" from so many people muting you in a session.

However I found this forum purely after searching for others who want to team up, communicate and win whilst enjoying Titanfall. Great game that I can call home =)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

Just the other night, after I "muted" several players on the opposition team, three of us got to talking and giving directions and shout outs! The next thing I see, is the other players beginning to follow the three of us around and doing what we needed to accomplish, cap a HP, lookout with a Titan, stuff like that. The next thing I see, we have ALL HP, the opposition have lost their Titans and we were able to take out their evac ship!!!!!!! Didn't know the guys before, they had fun and joked a lot when we died, and totally dominated the map. The other three players said that was the best they had scored, really played well and learned a lot about team work. Oh yea, I still had the opposition team on mute. Sometimes it helps to communicate.

• Like Like x 1
  17. BallisticDad

Elite Pilot

See this is what I am talking about!

The game gets waaaaay more fun!

18. Bear

Bear That ain't falco.
    Elite Pilot

I still standby no mic.

I glady use it when its bd or people from the forums, but not with randoms.

19. The Juggernaut

I wasn't using a mic and nobody was either. But me and this one guy started working together in CTF. I had a stryder and a clear line to our flag so instead of trying to solo it in his own titan, I waited for him to get on and we dashed to victory and captured the flag 3 times in one round. No Mic teammates aren't that bad sometimes...