Will my computer handle this game?

Discussion in 'Titanfall PC' started by W155L3R, Mar 12, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. W155L3R

W155L3R Generation 1

VERY new to PC gaming and want to play this game very badly. It appears my graphics card is sub par. Just wondering if I can get away with it for awhile till I have the chance to upgrade. I thank you all in advance for any information you may be able to give me. I am as NEWB as it gets when it comes to PC gaming.

Computer Specs
    • AMD Phenom II X4 960T
    • ASUS ENGT440/DI/1GDr GeForce GT 440 (Fermi) 1 GB 128-Bit GDDR5
    • 8GB Ram
    Please let me know if there is something I am missing.

Thanks guys

2. Clarkeh

Clarkeh Post-Patch Generation 6 Pilot
    Elite Pilot

On low settings you would just about be able to play the game but it would not be enjoyable, I would recommend an upgrade to a Nvidia GForce 660ti 2gb at least to up yoru settings to high, Also from the posts i have read AMD has been a bit topsy turvy with the game atm.

3. W155L3R

W155L3R Generation 1

Well crap. Looks like its time to do some shopping. Thank you much for the quick response.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Tgrable

Tgrable Generation 2

I would personally look at the 750ti's if you are on a budget. They are on par with the between the 660 and 760 in terms of speed with factory settings, but can be easily overclocked another 175mhz at the least (probably more now that nvidia upped the cap on their oc potential which was what made them only oc to 175)

This will set you back probably 150-180 depending on which version you go with, but it is more than enough to run this game maxed.

5. W155L3R

W155L3R Generation 1

Max even though my motherboard PCIe slots are 2.0 and these cards are 3.0? I know I wont be able to get the full effect but you think ill still be good? I just want to be sure that if I drop the money I have a good experience with the game and games in the future. Thanks again guys. The input is much appreciated.

6. D2ultima

D2ultima Generation 4

Using a PCI/e 3.0 card on a 2.0 board will impact you 5-10% of the power of the card, usually on the 5% side. It really isn't much of an issue.

7. Tgrable

Tgrable Generation 2

I know you are trying to help, but the performance for a single card on pci 2.0 is the same as 3.0. Same goes for most sli setups. The only time this is true is if you are using A tri-sli/tri-xfire setup or using a dual gpu like a 690, but for a single card or standard sli 2.0=3.0 in performance.

8. D2ultima

D2ultima Generation 4

Really? Then good. The more I know the less crap I tell other people. I'll do some research on this to make sure myself though.

9. D2ultima

D2ultima Generation 4

Yeah, I went and checked; the performance gain is quite negligible if any with 2.0 vs 3.0 until multiple cards were added, even across triple monitors. And even then, it didn't make a difference of more than 10% and that was with a single game; the rest were a lot less, usually only 1-3 average fps increases.