Xb1, PC, or PS4?????

Discussion in 'General Titanfall discussion' started by SKWRLY, Jun 16, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. SKWRLY

SKWRLY Generation 3

TL/DR: What should I do? What platform will you play Titanfall 2 on?

So I am currently in the market for a new gaming platform but I am torn between building a PC and getting a ps4. Titanfall was the main selling point for me with the xb1 among many other reasons, and with the announcement/reveal of tf2 I am not sure what to do.

I'd really like to make the switch to PC for every good reason, but I know I won't be meeting many of my xb1 friends there. Plus the TF population on PC died pretty quick from what I recall. There are a lot of other games and reasons I want to switch to PC for, but the gaming community on PC is a foreign concept to me.

Which leads me to ps4, everybody and their mother has a ps4 so I know I will be able to connect with people that I know irl and now that massive population has access to Titanfall 2. It just seems like a waste of $ with the console and games and subscriptions, staying with the xb1 is starting to sound pretty good. Lol

What should I do? And what are you going to do?

Sorry if this is in the wrong topic section, but I considered how much emphasis my post has in regards to Titanfall 2 and perhaps others have a similar predicament. Move it if you must.

2. PT Platinum11

PT Platinum11 Generation 3

Not many FPS games are fun without friends in my opinion so I would say stick with a console. Especially since they are so cheap right now.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I'll have it on XB1, PC and PS4 so you'll have at least one person to play it with on all! :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

As @PT Platinum11 said, it's all about mates. All my mates went XB, so I did too. Also, for the few hours I've mucked about on the PS4, I'm still more of a fan of the XB controller, although the new pad is better than the one I had on my PS3.

I'm waiting for this neo model to hit before I get the 4. Need to whet my Uncharted thirst!

5. SKWRLY

SKWRLY Generation 3

Xb1 is getting kbm support soon and all exclusives are heading to PC as well from here on out, so PC is looking pretty good. It will be interesting to see the reception of Titanfall on PS, but I'll likely stick to xb1 because of money. We still have a few months anyway.

6. Laddie13

Laddie13 Generation 4

I'll be playing it on PS4 and X1.

7. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

if you have an xbox 1 already and most of your friends that you play with have an xbox 1 then you should just continue , the ps4 will drop in price later this year i have a feeling with the announcement of new systems and the xbox 1 slim and there price drop already early in the year , by time thanksgiving and x come or even when titanfall 2 is ready the ps4 will show price drops . to jump to pc is very expensive i will be on the ps4 playing titanfall 2 even doe i also have a xbox 1 and a descent pc set up.

• Like Like x 1
  8. KernelClamjuice

KernelClamjuice Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

We have 3 Xbox's......1 PS4....1 WiiU in the house.

I believe we will get the Xbox version. I'm gonna stick to the roots of the game....thats where the more experienced players will be playing.

Eventually I'll play the PlayStation Version.... but I do not like the controllers...

Xbone it is!

• Like Like x 2
  9. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Wow!!!

10. Trini Chinese

sounds like a plan . even doe i have played the game on xbox 1 and i do like the xbox controller myself i will be on the ps4 i hope the game feels good on the ps4 controller plus it would be cool if the titan speak out the speakers on the ps4 controller.

11. RottweilerluvNZ

RottweilerluvNZ Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

I've got Xbox1, and PS4, and it was the dumbest thing I've done I think. I used to be hard core PS4 gaming after switching to that from 360, but then discovered the Xbox1 multiplayer was just out of this world when deciding to have a stab at TF (would you believe made me get an Xbox1 way back start of last year).

Now, I think I've got the Division, GTA, and some of the other big titles on ps4 and never play them because it's all happening on Xbox1. In fact it's so stupid that I buy the games on both, the other day I bought Zombi on Xbox1 after I'd been playing it on Ps4 because I don't know, just stupid.

To be honest, I personally think ps4 gameplay, game loading, and graphics and all that fancy stuff is way better than Xbox1, takes half the time to load a game. But it's just a dead community, I try to get around on the groups and everything there but I can't say there's much going on. Even with the big titles, nothing like the Xbox one updates and community. And I can't see TF2 being as big on there in the early days as it will Xbox as everyone is on Xbox with TF1.

I don't even know what I am trying to rant, except that I've found having 2 different gaming machines quite annoying, confusing at the game shop, and more of a 'special feeling' having both rather than practical. Although, Killzone, is just massive, The Evil Within still gives me nightmares, and the Last of us was just breath taking and awesome.

So I vote for Xbox1 for TF2. Plenty of titles to play on PS4, I guess it comes down to a time thing, but TF2 is going to be it on Xbox 1 I reckon.

• Like Like x 3
  12. SKWRLY

SKWRLY Generation 3

Very insightful. Thank you sir

13. Trini Chinese

I totally agree with you on having 2 or more systems and that it can and will be expensive, having exclusive games and launch times tends to do this and divided a community and some times bring them together, as far as the ps4 experience and the xbox 1 experience goes they are different and similar based on features and so on the both systems hardware wise are very close or the same.

Titan fall 1 being that it was on the xbox and not on PlayStation will have a strong following for those who did not have the chance or experience the game because they only had 1 system , this would have been the same reaction if the tables were reverse, some gamers like my self have the opportunity to get both console experience . do i prefer one over the other ? Yes I do .I pick the ps4 because of friends and other reasons ,community , features so on and so on , not saying that the xbox 1 can't do these things just that i made a choice mostly based on my relationship of friends i have built over the years on the PlayStation.

This happened due to some factors , one being at the time when i could not pay or afford online sub, and the ps3 was free online it was eazy to stay in touch with PlayStation friends at the time hence the longer relationship. then it was an eazy to move over to the ps4.

As for Titan fall 2 playing the game which is new to some if not most ps4 owners , i am excited to play it with friends alike . will it be the same experience or community strong ? Only time will tell , the game community can only grow as strong as the availability of the product .

Based on one of the original post the gamer wanted an opinion on if to get a ps4 or pc being he or she had an xbox 1 already , going PC is very expensive wile it will give you the best graphic experience to date you also lose some of the features that a console brings and that they have experience with already , which one of them being that they he or she has friends on a system already and that is a strong deciding factor, if that person one day want's to get a ps4 to get more out of gaming and experience both worlds being that they have experience with consoles then more power to them , the prices may drop in time and if you can afford it then to each there own , but it will be a bit expensive and at time you will have to choose what to get , what for which system if not both all of this will be a factor along with others . cost and so on.

I am a strong believer on having choices , options not too much but enough to make a reasonable choice , i have support the idea of Cross platform gaming this will strength the gaming community in my opinion , now some will argue that PC will have an advantage and some may disagree . but between consoles it would give gamers choices that will eliminate the cost that having 2 consoles brings , and with that bring a community even closer with those options .

Now this is also not a console issue exclusive it also relates to video games also , with the Topic of video games / big AAA titles being launched at the same time or close to each other . Battlefield 1 and TitanFall 2 , some have argued or said that it's not a good idea to do this, i disagree because it again takes away choices , for me more games the better i want to play them all . will this cause problems for gamers ? it may and may not ,some may get both and then some may just get 1 game and some may get 1 first then the other later on , to each there own at lease we have choices not too much that it overwhelm us but enough to have a bit of variety.

To the Pilots in the post and to the ones in the community , i will see you on the battlefield with my Titan for those with Xbox 1 hopefully i will play with you soon with or against , if or when i get the game on the xbox 1 but if not you know where to find me as i will be on the PS4 at launch .

Until then pilots .....

" PREPARE FOR TITAN FALL "

• Like Like x 2
  14. Sapphire

Sapphire Generation 3

I never got used to playing on a console, with other people. So PC gamer here :) and I love it!

• Like Like x 2
  15. Trini Chinese

Am used to the console and never got used to the mouse and keyboard, and i like the force feed back in a controller been playing games since atari and in arcades

16. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I have a fairly good external hdd that I plugged into the Xbox usb3. Definitely noticed a speed boost to GTA when loading in. My plans to get a PS4 after the summer have been scuppered as all my spare change savings are now being spent on airsoft!

17. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Is airsoft bb's or paintball?

Does the drive improve just loading times or have you noticed a difference in game too?

18. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Just the load times, although there was a slight difference with GTA as the background didn't pop up quite as much.

Airsofting used BB's. All my mates were already into it but I could never go because of work. I've changed my job now so i went last week and was bitten by the bug (as well as shot in the face a few times!!) I've got some kit, but need to get some more (face mask is item number one!) Here's a picture of me last week:

wp_ss_20160711_0001 (2).png

• Like Like x 2
  19. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Oh ok..

Mate that looks like awesome fun! (Just resist the urge to wallrun)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Trini Chinese

if only a company would develop a reliable pain bb marker to use in airsoft it wold change and make the airsoft community the dominant out door sport . i got a descent collection my self .

• Like Like x 1