Xbox one headset recommendations

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Killer Redmond, Feb 23, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ZJP

ZJP Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

Well, thinkin' back..the sound quality IS superb. Made me wonder if goin' back to Turtle Beachs' would almost sound like a downgrade. Figured it couldn't hurt to drop the $25 and keep the sound quality I know. If an AMAZING review comes out for the TB XO Sevens or Polk, I'd consider it.

2. markforza

markforza Finally got to Gen5
    Elite Pilot

The cable I used to update my Controller was the Phone Charger Cable & I just plugged it into the side USB on the #XboxOne & let it update. Hope that's what U meant but in case it wasn't & U need the Cables to connect your headset to the XboxOne you'll HAVE to buy a Chat Connector & the Chat Cable is from TurtleBeach for £9 ($15ish) the UK chat connector is priced at £19.99 but I've heard that its $25/30 US! Hope this helps.

3. CRUCIAL

CRUCIAL Generation 4

Well I got my Astros setup and the audio quality is fantastic, I'm getting some intermittent popping though which is more prominent when the volume is louder, looking for troubleshooting solutions now but have any of you Astro users heard of this before?

4. pantong51

pantong51 Generation 4

I have not, but i also stay away from the game stations. Maybe not a clean connection between the controller and the cable? Test on PC to see if you get the popping there too. if not try a new controller or system?

5. CRUCIAL

CRUCIAL Generation 4

Will do thanks for the input

6. CRUCIAL

CRUCIAL Generation 4

Got it working ! Bf never sounded so good ! Now roll on Titanfall !!

7. pantong51

pantong51 Generation 4

What was it?

8. CRUCIAL

CRUCIAL Generation 4

Just needed the most recent firmware for the mixamp, really impressed with my early usage, firing a rifle in bf has the sharpest crack its almost painful on the ears lol ! cant wait to hear what titans stomping about will sound like !

9. Raging Pillow X

Raging Pillow X Generation 3

I was just going to suggest that. Nice to see you are resourceful. Took me a lil while to realize i needed to download firmware to my amp.

• Like Like x 1
  10. ZJP

ZJP Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

See @CRUCIAL ? Awesome stuff. Congrats on the new set.

• Like Like x 1
  11. pantong51

pantong51 Generation 4

Amp worth it? I have the A40's but never looked too much into the amp

12. CRUCIAL

CRUCIAL Generation 4

Yeah you know what it's like, if something's not running 100% a bit of patience and some research are usually all you need.
    I've no comparison for their sound without the mixamp as I haven't tried them without it, from reading though it seems the set is designed to work in tandem with the mixamp and I can certainly say its performance with it has exceeded my expectations, the sound can get so loud but it doesn't lose any clarity, there's no way ill be able to play and chat with volume set to max so once I get the adapter next week ill be experimenting with optimum sound levels for me.
    It's certainly a pricey number but I'm very satisfied with it and no regrets with my choice.

13. jetli333

jetli333 Generation 3

Any headsets you can recommend to a first timer.,meaning titanfall will be my first online multiplayer commited game that i plan on devoting alot of hours to. I checked out the astros there a beauty but really high on the price tag. Unless i can get them at best buy with the finance plan a pay a low monthly bill with no intetest if payed off by 6months. Thats an option. Any lower priced but still good for the long run. I will be playing strictly on Xbox One. Thanks for any replys

14. CRUCIAL

CRUCIAL Generation 4

If your looking to keep prices down maybe the best option would be to go with one of the 3 new headsets designed with x1 in mind, those are either the Polk 4 Shot, or Turtle Beach xo4 / xo7 , as these all come with the ms adapter you'll need to chat to squad mates, the cheapest is the xo4 and personally I don't think there will be anything wrong with it. TB generally make good headsets and I've used theirs a couple of times now and always been happy with the quality.

The Astros are expensive , but if an option comes along for you to consider them, they definately come with my humble recommendation, I've never heard audio like it from a headset.

• Like Like x 1
  15. jetli333

jetli333 Generation 3

With the X1 lineup what are they really lacking? Are they all surround sound? Will i really even notice the difference seeing as im new to all this? Thanx

16. jetli333

jetli333 Generation 3

Even though the astro a40/a50 does not say its for xb1 all i need is the adaptor and the controller update, in your case there should also be a firware update for the headset aswell? How will the a50 work being that they are wireless?

17. Viking

Viking Generation 3

i just picked up the Titanfall Turtlebeach Atlas Headset and the sound quality is incredible on it ,i have a Turtlebeach X12 headset as well and they are not even close the Atlas is so much better

18. CRUCIAL

CRUCIAL Generation 4

A50 is pretty much setup the same way as a40 as the only difference is its wireless, optical cable and mini USB go into mixamp then run into the ports on x1, because the a50 is wireless it just needs to be paired to the mixamp with the button for it on the headset.
    The a50 still needs the chat adapter which is connected to your gamepad and then the 3.5 mm into the 2.5 mm adapter which is included with ms chat adapter, and put the other end into your headset.

I elected to go for the a40 because its wired. My old Turtle Beach x42 was wireless and I got interference from other wireless devices in proximity to it, none of those troubles now.

As for will you notice the difference, only if you get to hear Astros or another comparable headset pumping out 7.1 surround sound then yes you will notice a BIG difference.

The xo4/atlas is a stereo headset and the Polk and xo7 use simulated surround sound, but if you've never heard the difference and are new to gaming headsets I reckon you'll be happy with any of them as they all do the job , just depends how much of an audiophile you are !
    Glad they are working out awesome for ya, I really like the graphic design on the Atlas it's very pretty on the eye !

19. jetli333

jetli333 Generation 3

At best buy they show two versions of the headset. Astro a40 over the hear gaming headset for $149 and the one that is $249 Astro a40 comes with the mixamp. Whats the difference, i can supply the links if u want? Thanks for the help

20. CRUCIAL

CRUCIAL Generation 4

The mixamp is where the Dolby digital 7.1 comes from and it has an on/off Dolby surround sound button on it , it also has 4 equaliser modes , pro, core, sport, tv which are presets for different bass /pitch , pro amplifies sounds that are most helpful for competitive gaming like footsteps, core is the audio intended by the developer , sport gives the impression of being in a stadium, and tv well that needs no explanation.

In addition it also has a separate master volume and a game audio/chat for fine tuning the balance of that how you prefer.

If you don't buy the mixamp the headset can only play in stereo which is obviously negating one of several main benefits of having the mixamp surround sound features as well as the additional benefits listed above.

Hope this is helping.