Xbox one headset recommendations

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Killer Redmond, Feb 23, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. jetli333

jetli333 Generation 3

So being that its just a difference of $50 should i go with the wireless a50 or just stay with the a40? Either one i pick i have to buy the ms adaptor at gamestop it like $30 right? Thanks

2. pantong51

pantong51 Generation 4

Wireless or cord is the difference in my opinion

3. markforza

markforza Finally got to Gen5
    Elite Pilot

Further to the Conversation about Which Gaming Headset to buy for the Xbox One, I've just taken the plunge & ordered a Sweet set of "ASTRO A40 NEON in Red" from LimeXb in the UK, if you are looking for ANYTHING game related & are in Europe or UK check them out as they have a Customer satisfaction rating of 4.8/5 which is NOT to be Sniffed at! They will also try to deliver the next day if you order before 3pm & also don't be surprised if you order something & are told it'll be with you in 3-5days & its delivered in 48hrs! Best of all its a Store that's For Gamers & the Staff are Gamers as well! They are also on Twitter @LimeXb so go on Check them out, also stockists for Gamma Fuel, Kontrol Freeks & loads of other Gaming related supplies

4. markforza

Elite Pilot

If you ordered the Offical Microsoft Chat Adaptor theres a Cable supplied in the box to let U Update your controller, which MUST be done before you try to use it for Chat as if you don't the Chat won't work (This is ALL 2nd Hand Information) but Turtle Beach have a Post on their website for anyone who is struggling! Hope it helps.

• Like Like x 1
  5. markforza

Elite Pilot

Link to TurtleBeach about Update etc for Xbox One Controller & Chat Adaptor
    If you've gotten an Xbox One headset, you need to update your CONTROLLER before it'll work. Watch this video: http://t.co/OYJoeS8is8

6. CRUCIAL

CRUCIAL Generation 4

Purely your preference , but the way I see it, wired means I don't have to chance wireless interference and havin had to put u with that before , a cable lyin on the floor is a better option while gaming.
    Ill give the same words in effect I was given earlier Mark , you won't be disappointed !
    It's the red neons I went with as well !! To damn fine lookin lol

• Like Like x 1
  7. jetli333

jetli333 Generation 3

#67 jetli333, Mar 7, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
    My last question and thank you for all the help is I have bad luck of buying products and then in just a few months later a newer version comes out. Has the A40s, a50s been out for awhile now? Do you see a newer update line coming out this year maybe a60s? LAstly jsut ran into the Steelseries H any thoughts? Thank you again for all the help I really hope to make a choice this weekend

8. ZJP

ZJP Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

You get what you pay for. :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. pantong51

pantong51 Generation 4

I think they did an update on the a40&50 about a year ago adding in an inline mic for some reason. I'm not expecting a major update anytime soon. I'll poke around my mailing list and get a full anwser

10. CRUCIAL

CRUCIAL Generation 4

I have no experience of using the steelseries headsets so I can't give any first hand views I'm afraid, I did do a bit of research on them though as they are a direct competitor to Astro. From what I could tell its another high performance set and looked like it would be good, my only concerns were that some users mentioned consistently that they are not quite loud enough for them, and they wished it it could go just a little higher , and also that the bass didnt quite have the depth they expected for a premium headset. A lot of users report though that they are extremely happy with it, and so I would expect that overall it performs really well.

Astro have a deal with ms now to make a headset range designed for x1, but they have also came out and said they cannot disclose any details of what they are working on at this time. Astro generally don't release new products quickly and the last version of the A40's the 2013 edition were obviously only released last year so I wouldn't expect a new range until at least q4 2014 at the earliest, more possibly 2015.

It's a big decision indeed but I hope you find the headset that your happy with.

11. jetli333

jetli333 Generation 3

On a side note is there a reason why all the outlets ive checked are not selling the xbox one headset apator, i thought the release date was 3/7? I definitely need this right? thanx

12. jetli333

jetli333 Generation 3

wow my luck is the best. Every single store is sold out of the xbox one headset adaptor. Did ms ship extremely low numbers on this. Stores have said there out for weeks, what options do i have now.

13. CRUCIAL

CRUCIAL Generation 4

The ms adapter was officially on sale yesterday yeah, I didn't realise and thought it was next week but I just so happened to pop into my local GAME enquiring about the release date yesterday and the manager in store said their delivery hadn't come yet and he expected em tue/wed next week. This is in the UK though, can't advise on US availability sorry

14. jetli333

jetli333 Generation 3

I managaed to find one at a gamestop, like its the prohibition days and im trying to buy booze here at an underground basement. Now i just need to sneak away from work, as we dont get breaks here at my job but thats another story. Hopefully the gamestop guy didnt lie to me and they have it when i get there. Fingers crossed

15. CRUCIAL

CRUCIAL Generation 4

Nice one, did you make a decision about what headset your gonna use that adapter with?

16. jetli333

jetli333 Generation 3

#76 jetli333, Mar 8, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
    Literally since I was a kid I dreamed of a world of electronics free from wires, so I had to give the wireless headset a try and forfill a dream lol So being that you said the a50 were a bit off on reception I am going to try the wireless Steelseries H ($289). If i get that there is interference on these aswell I'll jump to the A40s you and everyone else recommended. Thanks really, for all the help and be cool answering all the questions. Thanks everyone

p.s Got the headset adaptor $30 The gamestop guy said everyone got low quantities because they are only going by pre orders now. So they only got 3 and I was the 2nd person to pick one up. Talk about cutting it close:)

• Like Like x 1
  17. CRUCIAL

CRUCIAL Generation 4

Glad you made your own decision and hope your as happy with your choice as I am with mine :D

18. markforza

Elite Pilot

Fantastic, @LimeXb has just delivered my #XboxOne #ChatAdaptor so now I'm just waiting on my New #AstroA40NeonRed headset coming as well!! #HappyDays lol ;-)

19. jetli333

jetli333 Generation 3

Now I just need to set it up. Titanfall Im ready for it.

20140310_193437.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  20. Raging Pillow X

Raging Pillow X Generation 3

turtle beach's headset for the X1 is what i would recommend. respected company, good customer support, but you might want the extended warranty. i have had issues with pairs of turtle beach's in the past, but you will get that with any electronic

nm, didnt notice you posted a photo of the headset you purchased. disregard this comment.