Xbox one headset recommendations

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Killer Redmond, Feb 23, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Raging Pillow X

Raging Pillow X Generation 3

Thanks for the help.

2. Raging Pillow X

i searched an entire city and found one pair that someone tried and returned. i still purchased it but at a discount.

3. jetli333

jetli333 Generation 3

Thank you for the help though. I hope these Steelseries H will fill all the audio needs I will ever have. If not thank you for the options

4. P0pSh0t21

P0pSh0t21 P0p them all!
    Elite Pilot

I bought the X04s for the Xbox one and as of now im having no problems with them they sound great. Chat sounds great its awesome in my opinion plus they were only 100$ which is great for me right now. Ill upgrade eventually but as of now i love these things would highly recommend them.

5. jetli333

jetli333 Generation 3

Can someone advise me on the xbox one settings to use with 7.1surround sound headset. I currently have them comnected wireless without the xbox headset adaptor, is the correct?

6. CRUCIAL

CRUCIAL Generation 4

I would check with your customer support team if 7.1 is supported on x1 first , as if your having doubts if it is enabled it probably isn't , because the difference is hard to miss.

There's only 2 options you need to change on the x1 audio settings,

Audio out should be set to Bitstream out, this will then enable the setting option below that to be changed, this should be changed from DTS to Dolby Digital.

You may have to hard reset your x1 after it for the settings to take effect, also check the support details of your headset to see if it needs a firmware update.

The ms adapter is only for chat and doesn't impact surround sound functionality.

Hope this helps.

7. jetli333

jetli333 Generation 3

They are working wirelessly, I put in the audio setting u said on my xb21. i just need to make sure its good with headset adaptor now. I performed the controller update with the adaptor n headset together, going to test it out now and see if i can use the chat controls ingame.

8. CRUCIAL

CRUCIAL Generation 4

Hope it all runs smoothly let me know how you get on

9. jetli333

jetli333 Generation 3

If you have the xb1 headset adaptor what type of wire fits in that adaptor (3.5mm)? The wire needed on my end for the headset is alot smaller and thinner. So i need a wire that fits the xb1 adaptor and on the other end fits into my steelseries, but that one is alot smaller n thinner (2.5mm maybe)

10. CRUCIAL

CRUCIAL Generation 4

Well my Astro comes with a 2.5mm Xbox live cable so that's what I use. I assume it'll have to be exactly the same with yours.

11. jetli333

jetli333 Generation 3

So the wire that connects to the xb1 adaptor is 2.5mm, so then the plug on the other end to fit in my headset has to be smaller that 1.5? Is there a 1.5mm. I guess ill have to go shopping again

12. TYPOGRAPH1C

TYPOGRAPH1C Generation 3

#92 TYPOGRAPH1C, Mar 11, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
    Wait... did your Xbox One headset adapter not come with a 2.5mm to 3.5mm cable in the box? Because mine did... awkwarrrrrdddd. :p

Also, @CRUCIAL... I'm using Astro A40s from 2008 (with bitstream out & dolby digital set in my audio settings). They're still going strong, even with all my original cables and mixamp! You just need to take good care of them. And they do travel pretty well, as I've been to several LAN events in that 5-6 year span.

Anyone else hear that the Xbox One essentially has a mixamp inside it already, and could in future updates be optimized to stream 5.1 wireless to the controller? Because if that's true, holy crap that's awesome! The only thing that would matter is the quality of headset/cans you buy then, since every 3.5mm pair of headphones would get simulated surround sound, without the need to buy the pricey Astro mixamp. :D

- TYPØ

13. Raging Pillow X

Thanks, i havent checked my settings yet. as soon as i get home i am going to rush to see what it is set to.

14. CRUCIAL

CRUCIAL Generation 4

Nice one glad to hear they're still rockin on strong! ;)

No worries , glad it was useful, if you haven't configured the settings it should still be on the defaults of stereo uncompressed.

15. markforza

markforza Finally got to Gen5
    Elite Pilot

I really rate the sound from Sennheiser but unfortunately it seems that the Xbox compatible ones aren't the High Quality ones that PC users get! Dammit!

16. markforza

markforza Finally got to Gen5
    Elite Pilot

So is it just me after using TurtleBeach headsets for Years or do the Astro A40s just sound something different? Seems the Voices in game are mumbling or something & also if I want to watch YouTube I MUST switch Dolby off! Also can anyone provide a EU/UK link for a 4pole extension in 3.5mm Male & Female? As well as a 2.5mm Male/Female both about 1mtr or so? Thanx