Xbox one owners MUST READ THIS

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Bruvas, Dec 6, 2015.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

make sure you trust your friend (they can make store purchases on your credit card) but this could halve your games budget!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Word of warning, don't do this if other people share your console. They'll not be able to access content that you've paid for so the kiddiewinkles won't be able to play.

4. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

That could turn out bad for someone. Glad I don't have to worry about that happening here. My Xbox is virtually off limits to everyone...even me when the wife is on the warpath.:confused:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Ha ha, yeah. One of my best mates has my log in, and I have his. We can't be on at the same time, but he can log in as me and download my games to his console (and vice versa) to try them out before committing to buy. Handy!

• Like Like x 1
  6. The Juggernaut

The Juggernaut Generation 7

I've already shared accounts with a friend before when we tried testing something. Definitely gonna try this with him again! This just seems too good to be true.... I may finally get to play Battlefield!

7. The Juggernaut

Update...
    Video says we can be on at the same time as a friend AND play together. This sounded too good to be true..
    And my friend downloaded Battlefield 4/Hardline AND Fallout 4! I may actually play a Fallout game now! Thanks for sharing this Bruvas! Now just gotta get unbanned to try this out...

8. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Yeah! Apparently you get two licenses when you buy it digitally. Careful though, you can only swap xbox accounts 3 times within a 1 year period.

9. The Juggernaut

What does having your account set as their home xbox even do besides this?
    I think I'll take the risk... he buys games digitally and sometimes hardly even plays them! Only issue would be the storage space... I think I have enough for one full game haha.

10. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Basically, you're setting it up so that your Xbox is at his place and his is at yours.

Just like sharing Gold where my family can log onto the Xbox and play games I've bought, you can log into it and play games he's bought as that's HIS xbox. He can do the same on your Xbox that's at his house! :D

Make sure you buy your games through Smartglass though. You don't want to accidentally max out his credit card....

11. The Juggernaut

So I can't buy games from the store directly anymore? What if he tries to buy a game from the xbox store on his console?

12. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

You could, but just make sure the billing information is right before you commit to the purchase.