Xbox one Surround sound headsets

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Jackaustin, Apr 11, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Jackaustin

Jackaustin Generation 3

#1 Jackaustin, Apr 11, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
    So I've been looking around for a new gaming headset and i'm struggling to find a headset for the XB1 that is surround sound and has a chat connector for the new style controller. i was wondering if anyone knows a good place to look? i've took a look on Astro & TB but they all seam to be struggling with the chat connector or the official Titanfall headset only plays as stereo on the XB1

Any suggestions?

2. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Hey mate,

I have the astro mixamp and a set of akg 702 headphones, as well as a set of astro A50 wireless. They all work fine with the new controller so long as you buy the headset adapter for the controller to enable chat. If you are looking the best package that is all in one then the A40 or A50 setup from Astro are pretty good, and stacked against the TB sevens I would recommend them. If you want to be more adventurous buy an astro mixamp and buy separate headphones and mic. Have a look at this round up, it is comprehensive. If you want any particular advice shoot me a message. I am pretty well informed on whats possible for surround meanwhile follow the link...

http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad...-update-3-29-2014-ultrasone-hs-15-added-edits

3. Jackaustin

Jackaustin Generation 3

thanks for your reply bud! really helpful info on that link
    Am I right in thinking if I use the adaptor for the mic it changes the sound from surround to stereo. I was reading something like that on a review for he Astros A50 i was so close to buying them. Just don't want to spend £200+ and not get the best sound quality. if you were buying a new headset,what would you roll with?
    As you seam like the kind of guy who knows his Mics :p

4. BallisticDad

BallisticDad Played the very first FPS! *Duck Hunt*
    Elite Pilot

I am about to buy the Ear Force XO Seven model from Turtle Beach. TB has always been good to me and never done me wrong. Even once they replace a headset for me, when I thought it was a long shot to get it replaced.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jackaustin

Jackaustin Generation 3

I have to agree TB look after there customers really well back in the day 1st pair I brought my mic wire broke and they sent me a new one out almost instantly!
    I fancied a change from TB think Astros look ssexy! But may still with the old faithful and go with TB :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. TuffMeetsClassy

TuffMeetsClassy NYC Native, OIF VET, Trainer, Professional Muter
    Elite Pilot

You ever get these? I got them as well. Bought them from best buy for the warranty.

• Like Like x 1
  7. markforza

markforza Finally got to Gen5
    Elite Pilot

Astro are ALSO extremely Good with their Support, I treated myself to a set of A40 Neon Red with the Mix Amp, from the Official UK supplier on the 7th March but after the Last Firmware update I found them UNUSABLE as they were making a Whistling noise, so got on to the Supplier & Astro themselves & they asked me to Return them for Testing & Any Repairs would be done Under Warranty, so I sent them away last Monday & got an Email saying that they had received them & were testing them, anyways within 36hrs I had another Email saying "Yes, we HAVE found a Problem with the Mix Amp & we are Replacing it & also Updating the Firmware & sending them back to You! Please NOTE all this was done without ANY cost to myself, they even paid for the Courier to return them! Anyway there WAS an Issue with the Mix Amp & it was replaced Free of Charge under warranty & they kept me informed off everything that was happening! So I'd recommend them purely for the Customer service, I also have a Set of Turtle Beach PX5s that are 7.1 Surround with Programmable Presets that I would also recommend as they can be bought in the UK for £160 on Turtle Beach website BUT I got mine from Gamestop for £100! The Astro A40 Neon with Mix Amp were £200 but they are $200 if you're Stateside! Just remember You will Also have to get the Chat Adaptor & Update your Controller whatever you bu, Polk also do a Gaming headset & they have Sent a Replacement Upgraded Microphone boom so ask if U buy them if its the New Mic or what, I'm led to Believe that to get the Mic U just send an Email to Polk & its sent by return postage (Probably b as long as U have registered the Item with them to prevent False Claims!) Let us know what U decide on!

• Like Like x 1
  8. BallisticDad

BallisticDad Played the very first FPS! *Duck Hunt*
    Elite Pilot

Nah, not yet. Still using my x32's with the adapter. Needed to pay off a few other things. Not sure when I will get them.

9. Jackaustin

Jackaustin Generation 3

I went with the a50s and I must say so far I'm chuffed!