Your opinions on snipers and tips for them.

Discussion in 'General Titanfall discussion' started by The Juggernaut, Apr 5, 2014.

?
  1. Yes, they fit the role well but i can easily do better with another weapon.

67.6%
  2. No, i do horrible with them.

23.5%
  3. Im just knobs at the game so no

2.9%
  4. Yes, i have enough skill i pwn them n00bs and Pr0's alike.

5.9%
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. The Juggernaut

The Juggernaut Generation 7

A skilled sniper (Not me) can defend a objective pretty well. I always defend during CTF and get some high kills with the shotgun. If a good sniper is overlooking a area that can be very helpful. Too bad most people suck at sniping since it's difficult in this game'

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dr Venkman420

Dr Venkman420 Generation 2

I see the need for snipers but i rarely use them. In BF 4 I used them all the time, but for a fast paced game like Titanfall they aren't that great. Gen 9 all you need is 25 pilot kills with the kraber.

3. Tsun33

Tsun33 Generation 2

Hey The Juggernaut, I remember you from matches. Like you, I am not a good sniper so I just avoid the weapons all together. In terms of dealing with them, combination of stim or camo and just trying to get behind them is my best bet. Most people are pretty stationary when sniping, so they are prime target to get flanked.

I am dreading having to use sniper weapons for generational upgrades when the time comes....

4. x ERASURE

x ERASURE Generation 2

I don't really feel the snipers add anything to the gameplay, apart from slow it down and make it a little dull. I would much rather have just the one sniper and cannot believe there are more snipers than automatic assault rifles, but, I don't enjoy the game any less like this.

5. The Juggernaut

I cant do good with anything until I have all my unlocks ready. For some reason, I just cant kill Spectre with the carbine. Snipers sometime piss me off. I hate getting a hitmarker and spamming 4 more shots to not get the kill.

6. The Juggernaut

Anyway, how accurate is the hipfire for the Kraber? Is it pin point accurate every single time?

7. ZanderStar1

ZanderStar1 Generation 2

It is not. Though much like in cod 4 ,very minuscule movements in the sticks help. (An example would be to strafe left or right. Stop moving and flick the right stick in a direction.)

8. The Juggernaut

What do you mean? Moving the stick increases hipfire accuracy or simply help you better grasp were the bullet will go?

9. ZanderStar1

ZanderStar1 Generation 2

Very difficult to explain. mmmm. Theres aim assist, basically the player movement to a sudden stop brings your hip fire accuracy to zero movement, and the quick YET SUBTLE flick with the right stick triggers the auto aim. Youll know you've done it right if it looks like theres no muzzle recoil. sorry if your still confused, its one of those things that your hands just sorta do without thinking about it. THIS DOSE NOT WORK EVERYTIME! just so we're all clear. I've just noticed that the chem trail from the bullet along with the round impacts. Are usually alot closer to my target than when i just point and squeeze.

10. The Juggernaut

Oh so you stop when you hipfire to be more accuracte... not jump around... sounds better lol.
    And I can kinda understand the idea. But is it like a screen moving flick or a barely noticeable flick?

11. ZanderStar1

ZanderStar1 Generation 2

barely noticeable. watch cod 4 noscope videos, same thing just small flicks this way and that way. not as reliable as cod 4 but it looks exactly the same.

12. Lt.Col Stormrage

Lt.Col Stormrage Generation 2

maroofisonfire "I hate snipers. The guns, yeah, but the people who camp and use them more. I feel like if that's your play style, play CoD or BF that don't have wallrunning and mechs. 'Cause if you feel like playing the same way in every shooter you play, why'd you bother buying a new one?"

Me i completely agree. Titanfall is a way too fast paced shooter for anyone to be a sniper. It is to fast paced to be a sniper thats why it is better off to be a assault, support, or a demolitions expert. but thats my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Lt.Col Stormrage

The Juggernaut said, "A skilled sniper (Not me) can defend a objective pretty well. I always defend during CTF and get some high kills with the shotgun. If a good sniper is overlooking a area that can be very helpful. Too bad most people suck at sniping since it's difficult in this game"

i'm exactly the same. I'm not a skilled sniper. but i can secure and hold a hardpoint when i have a shotgun or any other gun besides a sniper rifle. like you said a skilled sniper to watch our back from a distance would be nice but it is hard to find anybody to do that. and if there is a skilled sniper on our team he doesn't do that anyway, so leading to the point of where like you said Juggernaut it sucks because you can't find anybody with that much skill. expecilly in titanfall.

14. Bigz266

Bigz266 Generation 4

Wait until u get the plasma railgun challenges.

15. The Juggernaut

Tip: Add the 'at' sign before peoples names to tag them in your post. Like @Lt.Col Stormrage. And yea, most snipers don't fit into this game all that well and holding objectives is much easier with more dominant guns like the SMG's.

16. Lt.Col Stormrage

exactly why sniping doesn't belong in titanfall

17. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I've seen some pretty decent snipers in matches to be fair. I don't think the traditional camp/snipe/camp/snipe of games like battlefield cross over very well, but I followed a random on my team the other evening and was suitably impressed with his technique.

He'd run and jump to a high position, take out 2 or 3 pilots then jump off to somewhere else, switching to the pistol in-between.

I tried myself a few games later, but realised that I suck balls with sniper rifles!

18. PAYLHORS8248

PAYLHORS8248 Generation 5

You would too if you were being shot at....(snicker).

• Like Like x 1
  19. PAYLHORS8248

PAYLHORS8248 Generation 5

I'll weigh in...
    Early on I was amazed at some of the shots players were making and could not for the life of me replicate the rhythm or timing they were getting. What I did not realize was that I was trying to accomplish all this on 6 power on a moving target and brother THAT makes a huge difference. (power down, still evaluating stabilizer vs more ammo) I love to work the sniper but I know for a fact my kills start to sink with all the hunting and searching (and running...). But don't you love that shot on some guy who thinks he's "got the spot" and you whack him in the nogg'n and you just know he's like WTF???
    Then you leave him an arch mine bouquet for when he goes look'n for you. (WAAA-HA-HAAA!!)
    Anyway, I agree with making the right map choice though. and camping is a death sentence magnet, you gotta move to be effective.
    It's all about pick'n the right tool for the job at hand.
    D. out.

20. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I'd never use a sniper on attrition, but it makes a little more sense in other game types. I rarely shoot grunts as I don't want to needlessly give away my position, so the overall score is usually low.

Anyway, who needs the Kraber when the 101 is a bloody laser beam!?