You're Really Shooting Yourself In The Foot Respawn

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by ensc, Feb 7, 2017.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I've made it very clear that I am extremely unhappy with almost every design decision made in moving from TF1 to TF2, but occassionally, I will try go in and get a game and see how it goes. I really prefer Amped Hardpoint, but since I play on a PC, here's how it goes (and this was at 8:30PM EST by the way):

1) Amped Hardpoint - no one on New York server.
    2) Amped Hardpoint - no one on Belgium server.
    (figured I'd compromise)
    3) Angel City 24/7 - no one on New York server.
    4) Angel City 24/7 - no one on Belgium server.
    (figured I'd compromise even more)
    5) Bounty Hunt - no one on New York server.
    6) Bounty Hunt - no one on Belgium server.
    (figured I'd really compromise and play a mode I definitely do not even want to play)
    7) Attrition - got a game and while on the splash screen Titanfall 2 completely crashed.

Not really giving me a good reason to even try to play your game here no matter how much I am willing to try to compromise.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

#2 Derrame, Feb 7, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
    yes, and that's not everything, i find some players, in afternoon in Frankfurt servers, for amped hardpint or even bounty hunt, but after a few hours there are no players, not in New York, San Luis, Dallas, iowa, Oregon, London, nor Frankfurt, nor Belgium, nor Sao Paulo, nor Tokyo, nor Sidney,

in New York, attrition, there are always players, BUT the other modes, hardpoint, bunt hunt, just for few hours and then that's it, wait for the next day!

and capture the flag, everyone against everyone ( i dont know how that mode it's called in english, sorry :s), i never played those modes, i never found a single player! just played two times last titan standing
    Two times since release date!

there are not enough players

it's sad, because, i think this game has not enough publicity, marketing, fame, players, hype, merchandising, etc, call it how you like
    this game is underrated, but still, number of players is decreasing day by day
    people is offering valuable feedback, thirsty for new content, like me, and ....what? just wait, only uncertainty

• Like Like x 2
  3. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

*success and attention for this game, not enough :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. RottweilerluvNZ

RottweilerluvNZ Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

I always play on other servers, 250 ping being normal. Win some lose some. Sux not many people around though. Aus servers are the worst, nothing going on but Attrition day or night. It's almost depressing. Was the same on TF1 as well.

Everyone's on BF1 I think, I know Oceania servers are always busy which you don't see on TF2 sadly. I note also that BF Hardline & Infinite Warfare seems to have huge amounts of matches all the time day and night from here, I even went straight into BF4 matches, couldn't believe it given TF2 is one of the latest.

I still love TF, and been going back to TF1 a lot lately for old times sake.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Yeah, Derrame is the perfect example of why Respawn is really dropping the ball here. Derrame has been offering extremely constructive suggestions and pleading for Respawn to give the game and the user base the attention it and they deserve. It is extremely disrespectful to the users. And this adding a Live Fire mode soon and then 1 new map (Colony) in March, It's just not anywhere near enough. The users who are really trying like Derrame and have been pleading very graciously and respectfully for you to listen to their suggestions and requests deserve better than this. You should really be ashamed of yourselves Respawn.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Yes, I still live in TF1, the greatest video game of all time.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ReedyChannel146

ReedyChannel146 Generation 2

Clearly this game was launched prematurely (or rushed) since they can't even come up with anything for their free DLC for 5 months, if they were truly ready for launch then it shouldn't take months to release one single map (which is originally from TF1 as well) or we should of had more maps at release.

Also launching this at same time as COD & Battlefield just doesn't add up either, IMHO

• Like Like x 2
  8. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

yep agreed, too many red flags. i am with you on this 100 percent and then some.

but the scary thing is a lot of people can't see this and to them the game is complete.
    lets hope that march has some substantial content .

• Like Like x 2
  9. OldMoFo-

OldMoFo- Generation 1

Usually on the Frankfurt 1 server it is only attrition with MAYBE a few games o of Angel City. And then as a FNG, I get thrown into a game were the opposite team is all G5 and above! Really takes the fun away.

10. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

in Frankfurt 1 and 2 i find smetimes, games for aped harpoint ad bunty hunt, but beware the time zone, it's at noon or afternoon

11. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

a Coop mode would bring a lot of old and new players t the game, and give a lot of liveness and fun

12. Triggerman 6

Triggerman 6 Generation 2

This is just amazing to me. I live in Vegas and play on the Salt Lake Server... I had posted in the other thread the Angle City 24/7 numbers for week night play (PST). I can add that after 10pm it drops to 130 to 175 people, but we still get games. I am still in "training" so 24/7 is about all I have played. I have checked in to attrition only and would see 600 - 700 in prime time. Never looked at amped hard point or bounty hunt (love those but I suck at attrition and that is what I work on with new skills). Maybe we should make a thread with a standard reporting format that we can put up that will help give options. Then one could look at the ping and try and find a decent game of their choosing... something like...

<Date & Day of Week>
    <server name, time zone>
    <hour>
    <Attrition> <# of people currently playing>
    <Hard Point> <# of people currently playing>
    <Bounty Hunt> <# of people currently playing>

or something like that.... it may help find a game if the ping rate is okay.... would be interesting data to have anyway...

just a thought.

• Like Like x 1
  13. HalfCutDreamer

HalfCutDreamer Generation 3

Never had an issue getting a game from either attrition, bounty hunt or amped hardpoint on london server on ps4 and sometimes im playing at 5am gmt

14. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Can always get an attrition game on X1 it was exactly the same with TF 1, after a few weeks of the game being out, all you could play was attrition, but the Australian numbers are pretty small so that's normal.

In response to the actual question of the forum, I think the reason's why are complex and aren't necessarily the making of Respawn.

• Like Like x 2