...and now for something completely different....(Dunh, Dunh DUHHH!!!.....)

Discussion in 'General Titanfall discussion' started by PAYLHORS8248, Dec 29, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. PAYLHORS8248

PAYLHORS8248 Generation 5

Howdy to all!!!!
    Well gents (and gentes-sessssssszzz,... we'll get to that soon),
    This will be my 100th post and seemed to be a good time to run through a veritable cornucopia of random and possibly unrelated and non cohesive topics (don' know yet...).

Let me start off by thanking all of you that have welcomed me into the fold (considering this is my very first endeavor at being part of THE fold...) and have really enjoyed (and hopefully will continue...) your assorted perspective (prospective?) company.

Now, down to the business at hand, assorted observations, queries & moments of abject embarrassment sprinkled with a light dusting of controversy and a butt load of humility.
    Since I started T-fall, and to those just now joining,....Up until here and now I was a closet dead set, stubborn, ain't gonna do it any other way pure campaign NUT. and to consider sticking my head out on the online battlefield was JUST NOT GONNA HAPPEN!!!! I'm here to say....sighhhhhhh......(I was wrong). There I said it, are ya happy now???

Anywho, have you ever gotten neck deep into something that has a community/peers/associates and know you don't know things that you probably ought to know? and in that, you were afraid to ask because you felt like a dumb*** because you felt you ought to have figured it out by now? Well, here goes......Howwwww do you switch teams from one side to the other. I see people do it all the time. Never really thought about it until the other day when I saw some respectable players bouncing back and forth like ping pong balls. My opinion, "love the one yur with" and do your best to make the line stronger. Don't know how many times I've dropped in late to a losing match and looked at the scores and said "I can fix this", pull out a pocket titan and crunch 5-6, and we are back in the running. Btw,....I personally prefer to be on foot but for reasons unknown usually excel when I don the metal tutu. I'm light on my feet and heavy on the enemies tiny little bodies:cool:

Ok, lets see......
    Whaaaat is it with the whole cross dressing-trans-gender-pilot thing? The first few games I played I started (immediately) noticing there was an inordinate amount of female fannies (which I have no objection to..). running around and then started to realize (when I heard their voices) These are DUDES!!! (UGH!) Now, I remember at first (didn't last long) that it served as a momentary distraction,....which usually cost me my life as I got caught up in the who's the hot pilot chick with the nice.......POINTING A GUN AT MEEEEE!!!........"*". Now I just shoot them in the face. Is this some latent confused soul seeking sexual freedom or a clever ploy to exploit a weakness I've had all my life? Anyway it worked (for a while anyway...).

Moving on......Obscure mods,....."run n gun",......"Icepick", stuff like that. any and all related off the beaten path. Comments, suggestions,....insight, I'd like to hear it. (the normal "go to" fodder I've made peace with. Just wonder if there any revelations I'm not aware of. (i.e. CAR smg with iron sights ......wow, that was an eye opener!)

I have one other thing rattl'n round in the nogg'n......
    (don't know protocol, etiquette or "what's simply not done") but the other night I got dropped into a few matches and all of a sudden I heard this (can only be described as) cute, very confident voice, and it was not (GASP!) a dude. Did not get her gamertag (damn!) but she just melded with whoever had a mic and was just really....nice, enthusiastic, positive and really trying. I squished a few bad guys for her (but I do that for a lot of players....this just felt... better), She was calling out snipers (very cool!), she even rooted for me as a I made a mad dash for the Evac ship!!! Pretty low in the Gen's but seemed to be on her way and was picking up on the whole "way it's done". I imagine some of you (or all...) have formed an opinion as to my mindset at that moment, but first, I'm a NICE GUY:mad:, second, gotta tell you,.....it was a nice change to listening to a bunch of goobs blustering their way into my sights (which I don't mind, thank you very much...).
    She dropped out of the match, and never heard her leave and could not find record of her on my "box".
    Sighhhhhhhhh......I was a bit bummed. (squishy PAYLEHORSE......(whimper))
    Anyway, what I'm gett'n at (I guess) WE NEED MORE GURLZZZZ!!!:rolleyes: (their, I said it!).
    SPREAD THE WORD!!!
    I'm fizzl'n out on rambling......for now.
    Fear not, I'll be back:cool:!!!
    D, out!

2. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Had to have been quite a refreshing change from some of the foul mouthed guys and/or the kids with the mike too close to their mouths. Those female pilots are kinda hot though.;)

• Like Like x 3
  3. The Juggernaut

The Juggernaut Generation 7

I don't know how to change sides from one to another. Could be team auto balancing or the guy went into the other teams gamer profile and joined their game (which made him go onto the opposite team). I've tried to to no avail but my 360 friend said he could do it.
    ------
    'Cough cough COUGH COUGH' I have a spread of female to male pilots. Most are male, some are female. It gets dull looking at loadouts sometimes....oh! I mean 'COUGH COUGH' IMC Sniper Female Pilot..hawt
    ------
    Make a list of obscure mods you want to know about. Run and Gun is for sprinting head first while hip firing at a enemy. Pretty dumb idea honestly lol. Better off wallrunning. Icepick is.... kinda useless. Unless you want to be a Spectre pimp overlord each match. I die sometimes from hacking turrets so I guess the icepick can help with that too. But it isn't worth it to be honest. And what about C.A.R smg with iron sights? Pretty damn good, I know.
    ----------------
    MOAR GURLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yea fine with this. lol

4. PAYLHORS8248

TOO TRUE!!!
    Little mouth breathers.......at least Vader had rhythm!!!! And like I said, she was all into what was go'n on in the match. She's like, "there is a sniper on the roof" and I'm like....RIIIIGHT.....how cute,...... sure there's a sniiiiiii.......Holy Crap, There IS a sniper on the roof!!! Seemed like wherever she was she knew what was go'n on, even call'n out names of players in trouble and gett'n her butt handed to her (steal'n MY thunder,....THATS MY JOB!).
    Yeahhh, it WAS better than listening to the wide assortment of verbal "spewage+ and gangsta commentary that all too often invades my earholes (UGH!)
    If ever I contemplate team switch,....THATS IT!!!
    D, out!

• Like Like x 1
  5. PAYLHORS8248

NO.....
    SMG was nothing but praise,.... I used to rock an optic and someone enlightened me. Probably attributable with doubling my pilot kills in the first match alone and have never looked back.

As for MODS. I understand what they do, but like the SMG, it WAS a revelation and did not realize until about Gen 4-5 that an optic was too the detriment on that particular rig.
    Was just hoping for further pleasant intel.
    D.

6. The Juggernaut

Oh gotcha.
    Could you tell me what is so good about no optics on the SMG? What made them detrimental?
    What was the problem with optics and how did they double your kills without them?
    Give me some of your 'pleasant intel'!

7. PAYLHORS8248

Not unlike real life.
    In some instances to much magnification can cause more wobble and recoil induced bounce. Obviously Respawn took this and played with it to say "OK, you want magnification for precision, your gonna take it in the shorts on recoil while looking down said optic".
    Principle is sound, just a tad over the top in the game (It's meant as a balance thing I suspect)
    Can't recall the gamer who posted it but he eluded to it and I reluctantly ran with it and it was like night and day (for me) barrel is near dead still with iron while in full "stich" on a bad guy,....LOVE IT!!!
    This seems to vary from one gun to another.
    Another is mounting the AOG on a sniper (especially DMR) with the stabilizer in place....once again night and day from 4.5 or 6 power. I went from beating my head on the wall to regular kills (and head shots) in the blink of an eye.
    Anyway, back at you brother,
    D.

8. The Juggernaut

Oh so even the HCOG's slight magnification leads to wobble. I guess the default 1x zoom iron sights must not have any wobble for not being a 'scope'
    Nice tip. CAR has pretty good iron sights. Only thing that is ugly would be the carbine iron sights imo. HCOG for those=win
    Question, have you ever noticed any drift of your view or movement when you aren't touching the controller? Titanfall seems to have hyper sensitive analog sticks so the natural position your sticks fall into can make your crosshairs slowly move in a direction. I use the settings to stop this. Has it ever effected you?

9. PAYLHORS8248

Like I said,
    This seems to be Respawns way of reigning us pilots in and balancing out the consequences of our actions & choices. Some are NOT entirely to scale or physics but I get their drift as to what they were trying to do. I use and handle firearms A LOT and have experienced the real world consequence of magnification (too much...) on a moving object (even slow moving!) and how with that it magnifies the results of movement , recoil and recovery,.......or lose the target in the scope altogether! I now rarely am over 3 power on a real hunt and when I teach I am almost always dialed down to 1 power (no magnification). I can keep both eyes open and see not only the "work area" but also keeps me aware of incoming "nasties" who might stick me, stab me or eat me!!!
    Controller programing apparently (in the game) they appeared to add a breathing component to (kinda hovers and bobs slightly) and keep you working on keeping your sights on target,.....not too far off the real world mark actually (IMO).
    I had a controller that was messed up a while back and would start drifting after I stopped for about 3-4 seconds. NOT supposed to do that,.....returned it, got a new one. Problem solved.
    D, out.

• Like Like x 1
  10. The Juggernaut

I get what your saying about the magnification and real life problems.
    Now out that controller programming... my controller is new and it doesn't happen in other games. Why would they add in that constant bobbing and hovering? They even have a option to reduce/cancel it. I think it's called auto-drift protection or something. I have it set on low for movement and aiming. Interesting little thing the developers planned for I guess!

11. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

The swapping of teams is the game trying to address balance issues, that's all I know!

12. The Juggernaut

Sadly, it seems to make the enemy team a unstoppable death machine while filling up my team with Gen 1's. My Gen 8 status doesn't mean I can take on 3 Gen 10's damn it!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. PAYLHORS8248

To me that is the eternal double edged sword.....
    All my life my limited experience with competition has ALWAYS been on par with the level I was currently involved with and to step out of the box and truly get better (I don't like it either....just the way it is) is to be put flame to feet and be FORCED to try harder, play smarter and learn from your failures. Fortunately we Respawn and get to try again. T-Fall has been my first real online experience and was dreading the "thrashing" I knew was to come. I even for a short while thought about throwing in the towel (NOT typical of me....) and calling it done. Some on this forum have been a wealth of knowledge and support (thanx) and I started to theorize and change my approach and tactics. Started to realize that the vast majority of "deaths" were solely attributable to me and me treating it like a game,....irony? (still do....sometimes) and the end result is always the same, bullet to the brain or my ass blown off. Once I started to think on my feet and actually TRY not to get whacked, my survival rate went up and my kills started to creep up. When I get mad or frustrated I try to remember, realize or just plain analyze what could I do (or have done) better. More often than not, the answer was right in front of me,....I just chose poorly.
    Anyway, glad I did not quit, and I seriously count coup on the heads of those I claim and I know full well are (currently) way better than me. Killing a lower Gen is fun and more academic (learning experience) than ultimately rewarding IMO anyway.
    D.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

To throw my tuppence into the ring for some of your other questions, I never use the ice pick. Stay in 1 spot? Never!

the run n gun is good with the car /97 and smart pistol though. Wouldn't use these weapons without it.

I kind of feel a little sorry for some lassies when it comes to online gaming. Many a time I've listened as a female player is hounded out a game due to some sniveling 13 year old with a hard on. Male or female, 13 or 73, I'll shoot you all the same!

• Like Like x 2
  15. The Juggernaut

#15 The Juggernaut, Dec 30, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2014
    I imagined you going through this learning experience on top of this misty mountain with a Chinese guy (these forums?) teaching you all his tricks as you train. Then I imagined you playing Titanfall and having these amazing kills in a montage. Then at the end, you're heavily panting and you decided to check your progress and had a 0.1 Kill/death ratio. Sorry for this being completely unrelated but it made me laugh.
    And nice job not quitting! Wish I had your motivation sometimes!

16. PAYLHORS8248

Here we go,....
    I agree,........BUT,....BUT,....BUTTTT!!!!
    This was kinda different she (as I indicated), just sounded (for lack of a better word)........cool:cool:. and kinda made you feel like she was one of the guys.....but engaging. In that ,I was pretty impressed (obviously) with the way she participated. Hung in there, laughed when she got whacked kept us all situationally combat aware (I WAS gonna say something else.....) of what was going on, dove into the melee with both feet and.......S*%#!!! (I'm gonna miss her....:oops:)
    Yeahhhhh,.....I know, I sound silly.
    Just love the camaraderie WITHOUT The bull-puckey!!!
    WE NEED MORE GURLZZZZZZZ!!!!! (think I said that already...)

Ladies.......if you read this.....
    :mad:WEEEE are not all animals (well, yes, yes we are)......BUT that is beside the point!!! (finger raised in righteous emphasis!!!,imagine an echo effect)
    I for one appreciate the feminine touch whilst battling for freedom on the frontier. (cue deeply patriotic sounding music).
    I encourage you to pick up rifle & grenade and JOIN THE FRAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!
    Grrrrrrr, Growl, SNARF, VRRRRR-rr-rrriii-iippp!!!
    ('scuse me...)
    I'll stop now, (where's my inhaler...wheeeeez!!!)

Best to all,
    D, OUT!!!

• Like Like x 2
  17. PAYLHORS8248

It's not train......
    It's TWAaaaiiinnnn...
    "Do not think....."
    "You must consen-twaite!!!!"
    (Bruce Lee, Enter the Dragon)
    (or something to that effect...)
    D. Out.

18. PAYLHORS8248

IN THEEEEE FACE!!!!!!
    GRRRRR, SNARLLLL:mad:(again......)
    D.

19. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I know what you mean, but be careful here! I once worked for a company and was always on the phone to our central funding team - a lovely sounding bunch of ladies. Years later I happened to visit the central finding site. Oh my word. It was like the family from Texas chainsaw massacre had been let loose. Mighty disappointed

• Like Like x 1
  20. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

:D... first laugh of the day...LMAO... thanx Bruvas!!!

• Like Like x 1