Are you planning to upgrade your PC for Titanfall?

Discussion in 'Titanfall PC' started by WhoIsDo, Dec 9, 2013.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Generation 7
    Administrator

While I'll be getting the game on Xbox One, I've been looking into getting a PC that can better render videos and maybe play a few games.

We don't know the Titanfall PC requirements just yet, but are any of you anticipating having to upgrade your computer for the game? I want to say that I read the game runs on a modified version of the Source engine, but with my limited PC knowledge.. I'm not sure if that means you'll likely have to upgrade or not.

So, for those of you on PC, are you planning to upgrade? If so, what are you upgrading from and what will you upgrade to for the game?

2. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

From my limited knowledge of pc and hardware, its ALWAYS the graphics card that needs the upgrade. Then the problem becomes does my cpu have enough power or does it fit to my motherboard.
    I am looking at the NVidia GeForce GTX 670. Oh and lately, the RAM requirements are going above 8 Gb.
    I think if you use the latest pc requirements of say, COD Ghosts and BF4, you'll be fine. At least that's what I am shooting for.

• Like Like x 2
  3. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Generation 7
    Administrator

Makes sense to me. I have a "dream setup" for a PC, but I'll likely try and go for something closer to 10-12GB of RAM with the way things have been going lately. Hopefully you won't have to upgrade much for your PC to play it!

4. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

I am very happy that Respawn is NOT going to go too far with pc requirements for their game. My current system will probably be just fine.
    I am looking to future games and know I will need to upgrade sooner or later. Its a game of ever increasing visuals and wow factors in games. Besides ,I have been saving money from my "baby sitting" job, and my paper route. ;)

5. hallmaster

hallmaster Generation 4

Probably won't. I need to upgrade my PC, but that's why I don't play on it much, they need upgraded/repaired often(more often than a console at least). If i'm more into my PC at the time, and it'll run nicely, and be better than it is on the 360(if I don't have the XB1) I'll get it.

6. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Generation 7
    Administrator

Starting to map out my PC for 2014. If I do end up pulling the trigger on it, I'll probably wait until the system requirements for Titanfall get announced just in case I want to get Titanfall there as well.

7. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

I am definitely looking at a NVidia GeForce GTX 760 GPU. Probably means at least an Intel i5 CPU...............but I am willing to wait 'til after New year to start buying.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Shadohan

Shadohan Generation 3

GeForce GTX 550 Ti 4GB RAM and 1 GB Video normal :D?

9. KingOfGaems

KingOfGaems Helpin' you in the best way, day by day.
    Elite Pilot

I'm planning to go all out on my next build at the end of 2015. Looking into going Intel this time, always been an AMD fanboy, but Intel is atm my choice because I'm getting bigger and bigger into livestreaming and I wanna play this game and Livestream. If I do go intel, I'm really leaning towards going with a 4930k to OC to 4.5GHZ w/ a 780. I want my next PC to last me until Titanfall 2.

At the moment I'm rocking a sturdy AMD 6120 @3.9GHZ w/ a 650TI 2GB VRAM SSC edition from EVGA. Been running most modern games at a stable 60FPS + on HIGH or so. This including BF4. (CoD: Ghosts is just poorly optimized) :p

10. richyg84

richyg84 Generation 3

I own an MSI GX-630 which gave up the ghost not too long ago. Wishful thinking but it would be nice if down the road, Titanfall would be OS X compatible. Until I build my rig, I'm rocking' OS X Mavericks all the way. For the time being, I'll be playing TF on XBOX 360.

11. Lateralus082

Lateralus082 Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

Hope to see you there! The 360 users are gonna have to wait until March, though.

12. D2ultima

D2ultima Generation 4

The CPU is very rarely the bottleneck, but it is quite possible for it to be so. The CPU needs to be able to process the information for the graphics card to render it out, so if you're still on say a Core 2 Duo machine and you have a GTX 780 Ti in your rig, you're gonna be bottlenecked by the CPU ^_^.

Of course, most i5s or an AMD FX 4300 would be fine for about 99% of all games these days, but if you're older and weaker than that, then you'll do well with a bit of an upgrade.

And I've never seen a game use more than 2.5GB of RAM. Ever. The 6GB requirements that have been floating around lately aren't really accurage; even Ghosts and BF4 top out at 2.2GB of RAM each. 8GB of RAM will do you fine as it's difficult to get other system resources to use over 6GB prior to turning on the game for RAM to ever be choked that way. Heck, even 6GB is good for most people XD

• Like Like x 1
  13. Sienzyyy

Sienzyyy Generation 3

I just upgraded my GPU to a GTX 770 so that's all I need for now. I have a i7 870 that I will upgrade next year and 8GB RAM. Will be getting a liver gamer hd for streaming Titanfall and Ground Zeroes at 1080p / 60FPS(March is such a good month for gaming!)

14. D2ultima

D2ultima Generation 4

Be wary of which Avermedia card you buy. Most of them only do 720p 60fps OR 1080p 30fps. Do some research before you buy a card that only does 1080p/30 and you get really (rightfully) annoyed if it claimed otherwise.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Sienzyyy

Sienzyyy Generation 3

Live Gamer HD is 1080p 30FPS and don't really have an issue with that.

16. D2ultima

D2ultima Generation 4

Well I saw you say 1080p 60fps so that's why I pointed it out XD. A lot of people I know bought it for 1080p 60 and didn't get that and were a bit annoyed.

17. KingOfGaems

Elite Pilot

I was planning to get a Capture Card for my next build. How are the ones for Avermedia? I know Towelliee and more streamers use them.

18. D2ultima

D2ultima Generation 4

Read up a little XD. Avermedias are pretty good aside from being incapable of 1080p/60fps really. Haven't heard many complaints. Also though, don't take too much to heart what super-huge streamers say about their gear. They usually have a lot of extremely high quality stuff that streams for them as-is, and they can compensate when stuff goes wrong. Check with a lot of the smaller people who have it and get problems (or a lack of problems). And by smaller guys I don't really mean 10 viewer peeps, but you know, venture around or check other forums of users and see how things work. Just research all around.

19. KingOfGaems

Elite Pilot

I did see your comment before-hand, even though I already knew about them not performing 1080p/60fps. Not planning to do that anyways, most people who watch my stream when I stream @ 720p 30-60fps (depending game) can't even watch it because I use a 2800kbps-3000kbps bitrate. Many people's internet cannot simply handle 1080p/60fps without transcoding options. So no point until I'm partnered with Hitbox (which won't be for a long time).

20. D2ultima

D2ultima Generation 4

Transcoding options drop the resolution and framerate anyway, so it's also sort of a moot point. But yeah, 720p/30-60fps is pretty much the sweet spot as far as streaming sites go right now. I can say the livegamerHD works pretty nice from everyone I know who has one. It can get some weird issues sometimes, but not too often. Just what I know about so far. I don't own one myself.

Also good luck on that partnership =P

• Like Like x 1