Back to gen1 please

Discussion in 'General Titanfall discussion' started by Illegalwalnut, Jan 7, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Illegalwalnut

Illegalwalnut Generation 2

Wish I was a gen1 pilot again,they seem to do really well.i have played this game for almost a year and have got to gen6,I'm an ok player usually come in top three players,but recently every time I have a game I get thrown into a losing team straight away I respawn into the opponents team and get squished by a Titan(love the squishy sound)does anyone in Europe have connection issues?it just seems that the gen 1's with really bad connection get most kills(my connection bars are always full?)seeing a lot of gen10 getting trashed in games.Great game still win or lose.:D

2. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

#2 ThirdGuyver, Jan 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
    Hi, that squishy sound is great ain't it! I've got no connection issues, so can't speak for the bad connection theory but I'd have thought the lower the ping the better. I don't know if the connection bars means connection strength and is separate to ping.

Yeah there's some ace gen 1's, some may be playing at rank chipping, others may even be gen 10's on new accounts. Others are just high reaction smart pistolers, and some are just plain good!!

However, there are some 'teams' of gen 10's I bump into of an evening who are consistently ass whoopingly skillfull, an Italian crew of friends who I often get on the opposite team (pilot hunter especially) and they destroy all in their path!! As well as a UK group on capture the flag amongst others, who are real tasty...

3. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

You used to be able to reset your stats on Black ops 2, it was a good idea. Keep us going till 2017 when TF2 comes out.

4. Illegalwalnut

Ping around 34-47 but last few days gone up to 50s-70s :( going to try resetting the Xbone,it's not good when you get into your Titan and literally 3secs later with good health bar you get ripped out of it(can this actually happen)?o_O

5. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

May or may not help with my limited knowledge, but is it feasible to put an Ethernet cable between Xbox and router? Helped on mine, I get between 17 and 25 usually now. Dunno if its worth checking asdl splitters ( if you're not on cable internet) try with and without phones plugged in.

6. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Been tempted a couple of times to start again on TF, there's always that slight bit of pressure there to not suck when your gen 10 ( err... Was practising with the kraber that game - that's why I was bottom of the table:rolleyes:)

7. A4eaTransformer

A4eaTransformer Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

I definitely know that some of the uber best players get a real kick at signing on as gen 1 with their crew and kick butt. I now totally ignore the ranking and play almost entirely with my humbling rank play tag (usually at the mid silver level). I have been much higher but frequent disconnects and monthly restarts keep me way down on that ranking (it has nothing to do with my don't give a damn and have fun playing style or my Mediocre talents :);)).

As for connection rates, lag and disconnects!?@#*!!!! I am not European but might as well be. In Eastern Canada I always seem to suffer regardless of ping. I even hard wired the XBone directly into the Fibre Op box and it made no difference. I honestly believe everyone has one issue or an other and it all starts at the mothership where ever that is.

My only advice is to not get hung up on numbers and kills and deaths and just hang in for the fun. I suspect TF2 will be better designed in their server and connection respects. Obviously this is not my strong area of expertise. But...those are my thoughts for what they are worth.

8. Illegalwalnut

Thanks guys for the advice :) sneaky gen1's :cool: Only play for fun,used to play Halo but there's too much boasting about K/D rates and that spoiled it for me.

9. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I'd love to kick it back to Gen 1. I loved working through the challenges.

• Like Like x 1
  10. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

As (I guess) a present to myself for Xmas I started another account (it's CrosstownOrb358 if anyone is interested) I was just shocked when I realized just how much you don't have as a Gen 1...I'd forgotten.:eek: Haven't been able to play much but it was almost as satisfying getting to regen again. I'll try just about anything to keep TF interesting until T2.

• Like Like x 2
  11. A4eaTransformer

A4eaTransformer Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

I dunno. Not sure I would want to go back. Not when I still have to perfect my goosers! And then there is the quick scoping. Not sure if I will ever get to kill all escaping pilots single handedly as well.

12. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Just started up a new account, it's nice, as a level one many treat you with a certain disdain. First game went 13-2-35-0. Needless to say the ruse didn't last long :rolleyes:

It's strangely freeing being denied all of the toys of high level, making me think a bit more.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Could start on my wife's profile....

• Like Like x 2
  14. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Well, I'm half way to second gen. My KD is considerably better. Old account is 1.1KD, 2.5 on this one :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. RottweilerluvNZ

RottweilerluvNZ Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

Are you going under sgt rawks (with the s?) cause if you are you beat up my titan as soon as I entered the game the other night lol :mad:

16. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Yeah that's me...but that was because you melted me just prior to that...o_O

• Like Like x 1
  17. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

I did start for a bit on my wife's! It was sound, no pressure, just enjoyed the game (granted, it was with a bit of a smug smirk too...)

• Like Like x 3
  18. The Juggernaut

The Juggernaut Generation 7

Can't believe you guys wanting to go down a Gen. I've been grinding wins to get to Gen 9 for the last couple days. I really want that god damn Gen 10 achievement! And then people like you... wanting to be Gen 1 again, haha!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  19. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Wouldn't swap my gen 10, proud of it....keep grinding man, its worth it!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. The Juggernaut

The Juggernaut Generation 7

Definitely want that achievement! Frontier Defense definitely makes challenges a lot easier, too. The Kraber kills and MVP's give me nightmares though...