Titanfall Camping does exits and it rewards you for it!!!

Discussion in 'Feedback, Issues & Suggestions' started by iONic64, Mar 19, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. iONic64

iONic64 Generation 2

@VinceZampella @Respawn When Titanfall was released I thought finally a FPS that may eliminate camping. Well five days later my hopes of that were easily destroyed. I mainly play objective games like Hardpoint. Now I hate comparing any game to COD but Black Ops 2 did it right. It rewarded you by playing the obj, with higher points. Titanfall rewards you for sitting on your A,B,C point, with giving you 75points for holding it. So 75 doesnt seem like alot I understand that. But 75points sitting on a flag and not playing the game adds up. I can have the highest KD in my match and the highest offensive points by getting each hardpoint. But that one guy sitting on that hardpoint the whole match will be at the top of the leader board with 1 kill and 10deaths and under 100 points offense. I just feel ppl playing your game, TRYING to win should be rewarded, not ppl sitting on a flag. MVP means most valuable player. You're telling me that guy sitting on the hardpoint is that guy?????

2. Myl0tt

Myl0tt Generation 3

So true ran in to people who do it as a team 3 on players on 2 of the 3 hard points

3. Bardiel18

Bardiel18 Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

1. Hi and welcome.
    2. Read: "Unofficial Titanfall Forum" (i.e. unlikely to be seen by Vince and the Respawn crew)
    3. As with above, if those are suggestions, head over to the Respawn forums or Twitter - the team there are tops
    4. Holding/defending an objective does not equal camping. Pitching a tent around a corner to farm for kills does. Holding a Hardpoint? No.
    5. Yes, if that guy is effectively keeping out of enemy hands, why not? If the other team is having trouble ousting that guy he sure as hell is doing his job.
    This is coming from someone that goes for the captures the majority of the time. I can understand and appreciate the benefit of that guy that holds the objective for the team.

4. iLLcAtTiViSsiMo

iLLcAtTiViSsiMo Generation 2

#4 iLLcAtTiViSsiMo, Mar 19, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
    Dude, chill out. You need those defensive guys if you wanna win. You probalby have no idea how many times your team won because of it. There's nothing wrong with not abandoning a capture point after you've capured it. It's kinda the point.

Adapt and find a way to get around it. Besides, I find it VERY hard to believe someone would sit on a capture point with only 1 kill and get MVP when you're supposedly running around like a mad man raking in the kills and capturing so many control points.

It doesn't sound like you're much of a team player, my friend. If you're worried about your own personal K/D or spot in the lobby, stick to the modes focused on TDM. I find sticking to the objective of an objective based game naturally puts me up higher on the lobby leader boards most of the time. Once I start worrying about how many kills I have in CTF, I end up at the bottom and contribute nothing productive to the team.

• Like Like x 3
  5. iONic64

iONic64 Generation 2

Not much of a team player???? I'm the guy getting those hardpoints. Thats called a team player, and if I didnt then I wouldnt being doing my team any good. And play TDM.......why so I can sit still and wait for someone to walk by me? This game is meant to wall run, they gave us a double jump to high places. We are meant to use that. Worried about my K/D, objective players dont care about the K/D. Thanks for your opinion tho <3

6. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

As I posted in another forum, I like to "take" HP and defend them as well as capping HP.
    My K/D ratio is low so I focus in grunts and stuff for kills. I get few Pilot kills. But I also place fairly well in match. THAT is why I enjoy this game.
    I usually place higher on Defense Score.

• Like Like x 1
  7. KaotikOnslaught

KaotikOnslaught Generation 5

I have no problem with ppl holding a certain hardpoint, cuz yes it does help the team. What I do dislike is when I have a teammate who is sitting on 1 point, has zero captures, 3 kills and still manages to keep the MVP. I just feel they should fix the scoring system for it to reward the ppl who are out there getting the kills and capturing the other HP's

Just my opinion though

• Like Like x 1
  8. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

I get your point Kaotik...............maybe an "adjustment" in scoring? Maybe gain "more" points if you take more than just one point? Less points for one, more for two?
    That way there would be incentive to keep moving and working?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Meiv

Meiv Generation 1

There's camping in any FPS game. It's just another challenge to overcome. If you want a to play a FPS that really kicks camping in the ass, start with something like Blacklight: Retribution. You can see through walls in that game.

10. serg7355

serg7355 Generation 2

You'll never play a fps without campers. People will always find a way to back in a corner and shoot. Just go in keep destroying them and they'll stop. Throw a satchel in the room and detonate.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Pilot_KC

Pilot_KC 6th Gen Pilot
    Elite Pilot

Right on serg mate, you nailed it. Think Fracture and how you always get that one camping sniper who sits up high on that ledge. Toss a few grenades or a satchel charge and I guarantee you he wont try it a second time.

If there's one thing I know about campers, and consistent hits to their KDR and they will bail asap.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

Besides they have "nerfed" down the points for Defend Cap . Still worth it, but not as much. Didn't see as many as before.

Campers are a part of fps gaming.

13. Fat Blunts

Fat Blunts Generation 2

It is completely impossible to "remove camping" from a game like this. I will camp in every FPS shooter I ever play. I don't enjoy dying. I don't mind kids camping because they don't kill me. You allow yourself to die.

14. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

They went too far. Should have stayed at around "50".
    Just my opinion, but I see a great difference in my total score already.

Another disadvantage for any "players" like myself that do not score many kills, especially against other Pilots.
    And it is important. Otherwise Scoring Top 3, or MVP would not be on your stats.
    Then again, If its only about the "win"......................why have many posts been about seeing other players get MVP while only doing what they saw as camping?
    Maybe make points EQUAL for Captures and Defenses?

15. PRAHBZ

PRAHBZ Generation 3

I don't camp (not that I'm above it, if I found it rewarding in some sense other than inflation of numerical values perhaps i would), but I wouldn't want to see it eliminated in fps's. Campers are so pathetic and predictable. There's nothing that juices me more than discovering a camper and stalking him until he bails lobby. With all there is to do and discover environmentally though it is depressing to think that someone finds it fun to keep their character wedged away somewhere rather than hamming it up in the air.

• Like Like x 2