ChainGun+Extended Mag = Ammo Bug?

Discussion in 'Titanfall 360 & Xbox One' started by Newtype, Nov 21, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Newtype

Newtype Generation 1

Hi guys,

I am experiencing a very strange "bug" during my Titan play on XO, to describe it in short:
    Chain gun may run out of ammo!

Detailed description as follows:

Whenever I use ChainGun+Extended mag to equip my Atlas titan, there is a chance that after a few reloads, I'll be run out of ammo! The ammo count shows "0", and no matter what I do (including press the usual "X" button to reload), it is still empty! So the only thing I could do is to melee the enemy and eject....

This has happened to me a number of times on the following maps:
    - Outpost
    - Rise
    (there could be another few maps where I encountered the same problems, just can't remember for now)

Has anyone encountered the same problems? Appreciated if someone can give me some info on this, thanks!

2. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

It is possible to run out of ammo with the chain gun, you can just jump out and jump back in and I am told it will replenish, I would recommend reporting this on the official titanfall website or link this post on twitter to respawn...:)

3. BigDaddyHotGue

BigDaddyHotGue Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

I have seen this but slightly different than I think you are describing. I've been in my Titan for a long (very long) time on the Colony map when I've run out of ammo with the Chain Gun. I think I used up most of it grunt hunting. From memory I think I shot about 95 of the buggers before running out of ammo. There were only 4 pilots (2 on each 'team') and so running around every corner of the map and grunt hunting was kinda all there was to do really. I recall running out of ammo twice on that map. But I think that's a little different scenario than you've described. @Newtype are you saying that you reload just a couple of times then run out? If so, that's definitely different and possibly not right. You should be able to reload many times before running out of ammo...!!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Newtype

Newtype Generation 1

@Sgt_rawk Many thanks for the tip, I will give it a try later today, see if exit&re-enter the Titan will resolve the ammo issue.

@BigDaddyHotGue I think our scenarios are different. I remember that on the Outpost map, in the last two waves, I called in my Titan, and concentrating my fire on the Nuke Titans with "ChainGun+ExtendedMag", and shot some grunts while I can, it was maybe after five or six reloads, I noticed the gun won't fire and there is this big Nuke dude walking towards me, and the only weapon I had was the cluster missle and electronic smoke.

5. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

No problems dude. The official forum is probably the best place to post, but twitter might be quicker. If you can get xbox to record it it would make it easier. I always use the xo with ext. and haven't had the issue but I always run out and just jump out and get back in, can't remember how many rounds it gives you though. Let me know how you go dude. GL :)