Christmas wishes

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Bruvas, Dec 24, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

To all pilots / admin / visitors to the site and who ever those robot things are, have an exceptionally merry Christmas.

I'll raise a toast to you all in front of my bewildered family this coming lunch. Stay safe and have a great time :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Merry Christmas to you and your family Bruvas.:D

• Like Like x 1
  3. The Juggernaut

The Juggernaut Generation 7

Merry Christmas to everyone on these forums! And family, and mailmen, and everyone else who doesn't care about the smart pistol!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

LMAO!!! Merry Christmas to you Juggernaut & all you other Pilots out there.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Sulq

Sulq Generation 5

Merry Christmas!

I got a bunch of new clothes I wanted plus a new game. I was happy.

6. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Long time, no see fella! Your Christmas bundle sounds very similar to mine. My kids were over the moon though, so that was great.

7. Sulq

Sulq Generation 5

Hey Bruvas, happy holidays! I also finally got an Xbox One, which I'm happy about aside from all the downloading of my new games which takes forever!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I've managed to hard wire my Xbox as the WiFi never seemed that great. When I install a game, firstly I do a hard reboot (press and hold the power until it turns off) then I unplug it from the internet. It's a lot faster that way, but doesn't help for digital downloads!

9. Sulq

Sulq Generation 5

Thanks for the tip. Also, I feel like my Xbox storage is filling up remarkably fast. They come with 500 GB standard, but some games take about 10% of that. I feel as if down the road I will run into some issues with not having enough storage.

10. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I've had to delete a good number of games already, and I'm currently at 90 odd % capacity. Keep meaning to get a2 or 3TB HDD, but the wife keeps breaking stuff which needs replaced first :(

11. The Juggernaut

I've only downloaded CoD Ghosts, Halo: MCC, Halo: Spartan Assault (which is like 3 gb only lol), and various other small indie games/apps. My storage is already 50 percent used...wtf.....
    Maybe all the updates and patches to Halo: MCC and various other downloads... but seriously lol.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I was wondering how much space all those game clips take up. No way have I over 300gb of games, and the apps are pretty small......

13. The Juggernaut

Videos may take up a lot of space but 30 second clips cant use THAT much storage... can they?
    I think it's all the updates we download and never think twice about. Game patches, xbox console updates, apps, gameclips...

14. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Yeah. Someone at MS needs a good old clip round the ear for thinking 500mb was anywhere near enough....

15. Sulq

Sulq Generation 5

They need at least 750gb if not 1,000gb.

16. The Juggernaut

#16 The Juggernaut, Dec 28, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2014
    Cheeky buggers at MS decided to increase sales by (if I remember correctly) selling a Cod:AW skinned xbox one with CoD:AW free... with 1 TB of storage on the xbox! All for im pretty sure 400 maybe 500 dollars... the same cost Day One buyers such as myself paid for... yet we got no game and 500GB...
    I guess they wanted to keep the price below 500 dollars by kinda screwing us over.... 'sigh'

• Like Like x 1
  17. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

With their initial 'must install everything for drm control' thoughts, 500gb is a joke. 1tb is a minimum these days, especially with the larger game installs. Christ, Halo is 60.3gb and GTA V is 57.5gb. With O.D.S.T. coming next year, that may add a further 10gb to the game....

Talking myself into a 3tb external. I'd better make sure I get a USB3.0 unlike a pal of mine!!

18. The Juggernaut

3TB? What the hell do you do to your xbox? I make sure I have a equal(ish) assortment of games. Some on digital, some on disc. Saves me some hassle like my petty disc friends encounter for constantly switching discs but also makes sure my storage drive isn't raped.

19. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I have 20 games saved to the hdd, 1 of which is disc based. I have 12 games that I own that are digital that I can't fit on my HDD (watchdogs, FIFA 14, black flag for instance), then I have Forza 5 on disc that I'd need to re-install.

I intend to keep the One for a while, so I'll need a wee bit of space!

20. The Juggernaut

I guess if you want everything digital, then you'll need it! Just hope nothing happens to your Xbox...
    Funny thing is, I wanted to get free Destiny DLC so I logged into my friends account while I was in my account on my xbox. Now we both 'share' games. This means when he got his XB1 for Christmas, the digital games I had (Halo:MCC, CoD Ghosts, Titanfall ( I actually have this for disc.. but he is getting it free for download for some odd reason... more noobs for the community I guess!) He gets to download them all free to his xbox!
    Meanwhile I get to nab his 2 assassin creeds!
    Kinda fair trade I guess... ( I personally think I have a way better collection of games then him so treats for him lol!)