Critically Conditioned - Charged Rifle (Challenge)?

Discussion in 'General Titanfall discussion' started by MarcusEdits, Mar 16, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. _dmos

_dmos Generation 2

Maybe it's the chassis? I don't know, make sure you're rodeo-ing Atlas titans (it might work on Stryders, I haven't tried it though), try the campaign method and work on the AIs. As for the non-rodeos, I have no clue. You get orange hit markers instead of white ones with critical hits, try again and see if you get them.
    No problem.

I finished the challenge today and I'm now G5 (yay) but when I get the CR at level 33 I'll test some stuff out and try to solve this.

2. Clarkeh

Clarkeh Post-Patch Generation 6 Pilot
    Elite Pilot

Just finished the challenge and i am now Gen 5, I've foun it is possibe to hit the Ogre Crit points by aiming down by your left leg ad hitting the small cylinders down by there thats a small weakpoint for that Titan.

3. Noble Jones

Noble Jones Generation 2

I did this playing last titan standing. Worked well with that game. mode

4. realwookiee

realwookiee Generation 1

I ran three towers in the campaign over and over and it worked! Thanks guys!

5. Paul Ricci

Paul Ricci Generation 1

Glad some of you are finding this easy. I however, think it is bugged. I have killed several Titans now and the challenge still says 0-5. It not moving. I tried the advice here and played three towers and killed 3 titans and even during the game I got a challenge pop up and when I go back to the regen challenges it still says 0-5. I know what the red areas are and am hitting them. I agree with everyone here that this challenge is NOT difficult. It is just bugged for some it seems. I have all the other gen 4 regen challenges complete and I am now finding it frustrating that seemingly I will be stuck here on gen 4 until this is patched. If you think I am doing something wrong, please let me know. But I am using the Charge Rifle and hitting red areas and killing titans. :)

6. Karma Cop

Karma Cop Generation 2

Glad someone asked, I'm on Gen 4 - 50 and think I'm just going to stay anyways. But I didn't have this one because I had no idea what it meant. The picture looks like a pilot so I started thinking maybe you're supposed to shoot pilots with it.

Of note...I had no idea those flaming spots were critical spots you could hit...they take more power? That's the best takeaway from this thread for me! I'm a little embarrased I didn't realize after all this time if that's the case. I just thought it was a sign of course that they were low in health (which they are at that point).

7. Omega Infinitum

Omega Infinitum Generation 2

Hey guys if anyone is still looking for this challenge I made a video for it on YouTube.
    There are a few things that could be helpful like:
    - A few different spots for crits to register
    - Critical Hits while a titan is doomed STILL COUNT (there is no shield) this can be harder if you aren't in rodeo(because of things like nuke lense flare, or a friendly titan going in for the execution) but could be the difference between 0-1 in a match to 2-3.
    - There is some confusion, about this challenge that i've seen, but IF you are having issues with them registering while the shield is up and you are in rodeo AIM AWAY from the 'brain case' /spot that you expose in the rodeo animation. This causes SHIELD damage and not health damage to the Titan. That will allow you a shot at the exposed spot. I know, not the best solution but one of the tactics I used to complete this challenge.

I do mention in the video that there are some things about this that are 'buggy' but I if you commit yourself to it, then you can do it.

"Bernard of Chartres used to compare us to [puny] dwarfs perched on the shoulders of giants. He pointed out that we see more and farther than our predecessors, not because we have keener vision or greater height, but because we are lifted up and borne aloft on their gigantic stature." -John of Salisbury

May you stand on the shoulders of Titans ... literally.

8. Drunken_Jedi

Drunken_Jedi Generation 2

I found this challenge quite smooth to go along with gameplay even if the weapon doesn't unlock until level 30+.

One piece of advice I can offer is to run arc grenades to take out the shields, then shoot for your critical hits.