Data Centre

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by unclefrank666, Nov 13, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. unclefrank666

unclefrank666 Generation 3

I live in the UK and the data centre Titanfall 2 puts me in is Belgium and not London is there any reason why ?

2. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

#2 ensc, Nov 13, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
    I don't know for sure, but it seems to pick the the one for you that would give you the fastest connection speed at the time. For example, the closest to me is the East US, but sometimes it gives me North Central US, because for some reason that one is faster than East US at certain times. You can tell by clicking on "Data Center" in the lower left of the main screen where you can see the entire list of servers and see the ping for each.

No matter what server it gives you, you can change it to whatever you want. For example, I normally use East US or North Central US, but if I want to play at 3AM EST or after, I will usually switch to one of your Belgium servers, because there are many more players on there than on the US servers at that time of day, so it is much easier to get into games. Sometimes it is better to pick a slower server if it has more players and gives you a better chance of getting a game.

I've done this in TF1 for a long time now. I would always use East US until about 1AM EST, but then I would switch to North Europe, because even with the user base being so low, I could always get games whenever I wanted by picking the right server at the right time of day.

3. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

you can select the server you want in the main menu

4. unclefrank666

unclefrank666 Generation 3

I know you can pick your own but was curious has to why it would sometimes pick Belgium, any way thanks for the replies and advice.
    Cheers.