Destiny DLC

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Sgt_rawk, Sep 1, 2015.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Hey all,

Anyone played the new destiny DLC yet? Any good, I need a rest from TF so I can return fresh.

2. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I'll apologies right now as this might sound like a rant, but this DLC boils my piss.
    They're charging the cost of a full price game for this. On top of this, a destiny dev was interviewed by Eurogamer as there were emotes in the $75 edition that you could only get by buying that edition. That meant that if you wanted them, you'd have to buy all the content you already owned. His actual comment was that players would "throw money at their screen"
    He's since apologies for his comments and said that you CAN get the emotes without paying for that edition. For a mere $20. F***ing rip off, and my copy of Destiny will continue to gather dust on a shelf....

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Sooooooo my easily aroused and volatile friend, the take away message here is that you haven't played any? Hmmmmmm? Can I assume that there @Bruvas? Ha! You're awesome mate. ;)

4. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I've spent a total of 7 hours in the game since I got it. Lovely graphics, good gun play, story line that's convoluted and couldn't care less about!
    Got really bored of the mind numbing repetitiveness of it tbh.
    wp_ss_20150903_0001.png

5. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

I agree it did get old fast, the multiplayer wasn't great either, really pretty no substances

6. Jimmah

Jimmah Generation 5

Most disappointing, repetitive game recently.

7. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Mate, haven't seen you in while, what are you playing atm?

8. Jimmah

Jimmah Generation 5

Still on hardline mate! Long story short one on my boys accidently bought premium so I'm getting my monies worth!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Niiiiice

10. The Juggernaut

The Juggernaut Generation 7

.....Yes. Play it everyday with my group of friends.
    Destiny vanilla sucks.
    Destiny TDB dlc sucks.
    Destiny HoW dlc sucks.
    Destiny TTK is wayyy better compared to the first year of Destiny.
    If you're new to Destiny, buying the bundle pack is definitely worth it.
    Any questions you can ask me!

11. PT Platinum11

PT Platinum11 Generation 3

I feel that my knowledge is needed here! The base game of Destiny had a fun gameplay style but awful story(at least the way it was presented) the PvP isn't all too good in my eyes. The game was rather grindy and repetitive at times. The Taken King however added not just a new enemy but an unpredictable and varrying enemy. One that I'm still not 100% used to. The story missions were absolutely fantastic. An antagonist that tracks you down for well killing his son in a previous DLC. With more cutscenes in the first half than the whole base game. As well as a new system for leveling up. More like a traditional MMORPG (which technically Destiny isn't) you level up by killing stuff and completing quests and bounties. And you can further gain your power through finding armor and weapons. This time however it is not the luck of the draw. You can get high end gear through completing quests, buying them, or being lucky. Some quests even give multiple rewards. The highest level of gear is only available through drops in the new Kings Fall raid. Light level now is just to give you and others an estimate on the quality of gear and weapons you have equiped. Random item drops now are increases significantly. Like near Borderlands level of weapon drops. Did you have that old weapon that you loved so very very much but it wasn't strong enough? Well now you can Infuse it with something with a higher attack value. Which essentially is your cool favorite weapon "eating" the stronger one absorbing the attack value of it. The game itself now is what the community hoped it would be when it was released. As for $40... There is information going around that they are planning on releasing free small dlc packets that were funded by TTK sales. Buuut nothing for certain. If you liked Destiny at least a little bit, TTK won't disappoint.

12. The Juggernaut

Tbh, Destiny TTK bundle is a great way of starting off playing Destiny. If you got your money sucked in with the expansion pass and base Destiny, it may not be worth it if you still don't like grinding even a bit.
    TTK IS definitely worth it with the crazy bundles Bungie made (not screwed over Year One players, but tailored to a great deal for Year Two players!)

13. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

#Halo5iscoming

yeah.....

14. PT Platinum11

PT Platinum11 Generation 3

Destiny: PvE oriented
    Halo: PvP oriented

Yup.

15. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

It looks really f**king incredible. I am so anxious to try out MP having never played Halo before.

16. The Juggernaut

SERIOUSLY?
    Never played Halo before?
    Sit down son... it's time for the talk.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Hold on a second Juggernaut before you begin to explain the goodness that is HALO to the good sergeant rawk who I can't believe has never played HALO ... because I though that I was the only one who's never played.:) It does look interesting though.

18. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Great lore to the universe.

19. The Juggernaut

Et tu, rainman?
    You guys.... on xbox... never playing Halo...

20. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Yes it's true. But like I said it does look nice and is definitely on my radar:rolleyes:... along with another game or two. My super secret stash of cash that is secured at my personal Fort Knox... okay it's actually an envelope in my sock drawer that I add a few bucks to a couple times a month (stashed $28.00 so far) toward T2 which has top priority on a short list of games to get.;)