EVERYONE uses the chaingun

Discussion in 'General Titanfall discussion' started by MoneyMike, Mar 17, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. MoneyMike

MoneyMike Generation 2

Why do I face a bunch of Titans that use this? Is it really that great? Thoughts....

2. SecurityRake

SecurityRake Generation 2

Nope. Are you on the Xbox? I don't see it all THAT much. It's a decent weapon, excellent against pilots, and OK against titans if you do well at hitting the critical spots, but other weapons are just as good, and many excel in other ways. The only one I really don't care for is the Arc cannon, and I can still see how it might be useful.

3. Swacky

Swacky Generation 2

I only use the chain gun. It's very effective against pilots and I'd rather be better suited to deal with pilots than titans because I feel they're far more threatening and rarely do I face a titan 1v1. Chaingun can pick off pilots like nobody's business, close or across the map, can deal decent damage to titans, and coupled with electric smoke to deal with rodeos allows for decent longevity. Also nice for farming minions

4. MoneyMike

MoneyMike Generation 2

See n I'm the opposite I love the Arc Cannon! Lol I excel with it it's just hard to kill pilots at times

5. MoneyMike

MoneyMike Generation 2

I can agree with this, it's just crazy at times how I get killed by titans with the chain gun, eh, maybe I suck lol

6. GammonMaster

GammonMaster O.G. Original Gamer Before Platform Shoes, Baby!
    Elite Pilot

I have tried different ones and the chain really is effective with the accelerator attached and hit the red spots on the head/back area, it is also a lot of shells hitting the face plate area that can skew their vision, cause some to panic. A lot of shells so quickly do a lot of overall damage. I have taken out 3 Titans really quickly with the chain. There are some other good ones as well, just my overall fav for now...

• Like Like x 1
  7. Awsumpossm

Awsumpossm Generation 2

Agreed, love it with the accelerator attachment. It deals some fast damage that also serves to throw off their aim, and pairs well with the electric smoke. Really think its balanced equally with every other titan weapon except for the plasma rail gun, which I can't seem to ever use effectively. Anybody have tips for that particular weapon?

8. Swacky

Swacky Generation 2

Does the accelerator make that much of a difference? I've used extended mag for the extra 30 shots, haven't tried it yet

9. MoneyMike

MoneyMike Generation 2

I've used it sparingly, the key is to obviously charge it, problem is you've got to be accurate. That and the arc cannon can be BEAST if you get the hang of them. However I prefer the Arc cannon as it's easier to charge as well as dealing damage with an uncharged round

10. GeneralArmchair

GeneralArmchair Generation 2

You should use the accelerator for the extra 90 shots.

11. noso56

noso56 Generation 1

40MM with 3 round burst ftw

12. Clarkeh

Clarkeh Post-Patch Generation 6 Pilot
    Elite Pilot

With me i use my 40mm coupled with a Stryder it rapes the other titans. Just have to be aware of your surroundings.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Tony Banana

Tony Banana Generation 3

I am a 6th gen PC pilot and the chain gun is definitely my favorite titan weapon, here is why.
    1) Really easy to aim- Since the chain gun is a bullet gun (like the carbine) it makes it very easy to pick off individual targets that are on rooftops or in building windows.

2) huge ammo potential - Chain gun has a 60 round mag standard, 90 with extended mags and I believe 120 with the accelerator.

3) Titan kill speed - The chain gun really melts titans, especially with the damage core. Also when the critical spots are shown the chain gun shines with each shit doing bonus damage.

Again this is just my opinion.
    Happy hunting pilots!

• Like Like x 2
  14. Tony at Home

Tony at Home Generation 5

The chain gun is especially good, because the ease at which you can pick of grunts and pilots.

It makes up for its originally-intended weakness in Titan vs Titan situation, simply because the massive amount of ground-kills you get with it unlocks your core ability faster than any other weapon.

Most of the time you begin engaging in Titan to Titan combat, you will already have your core ability ready to go.

15. Xx krayz1e xx

Xx krayz1e xx Generation 2

I love it with accelator. I mostly see ppl use 40mm

16. Wickerman

Wickerman Generation 4

After going through the 40mm regen requirements and nearly done with the Rail Gun requirements for 4th gen, I can still say the Chaingun with extended mag is by far my favorite. Hugely effective against grunts, pilots, and being able to just hold a constant flow of damage on an enemy Titan is key.

17. pantong51

pantong51 Generation 4

Us gen5's use it for the gooser challenge =[

• Like Like x 1
  18. Bear

Bear That ain't falco.
    Elite Pilot

I love me some chain gun action. If not for prestige challenges, it would be all I use.

I did like the triple threat because it just absolutely destries pilots/AI. It just was very hard to damage titans with that gun. I was always shooting around their feet while taking hundreds of bullets in the face.

19. pantong51

pantong51 Generation 4

It's all about the angle you shoot, from behind a wall into a choke point, you can melt 5 titans almost instantly

20. Mouskatool

Mouskatool Stand by for Titanfall
    Elite Pilot

It's the SMG version of Titan weapons so all of the noobs flock to it because all they can do is spray and pray. Weapons like the Plasma Railgun, Triple Threat, 40mm, etc. have a learning curve and aren't the cookie cutter FPS spray and pray weapons.

If there's anything I've learned from these forums is people don't want to adapt to a new game. They just want the same old FPS experience as COD, just with Titans. Really nauseating.

• Like Like x 1