Extra Life United Journey 2016

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lobby' started by Ik0n88x, Feb 21, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I'm gonna keep all the stuff from my journey to Extra Life United in this thread. For those of you that don't know, I'll be heading to Extra Life United in Orlando, FL at the Coronado Springs Resort from February 23rd until February 28th so don't expect me on any games haha and if you're in that area, let me know! If you're wondering what Extra Life United is, check this article out.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

So to sum this event up as a whole in one sentence; It was one of the most amazing experiences of my entire life. Not only did we get to compete with other Extra Lifers for $ to win for our local hospitals but we also got to meet all these amazing champion kids. Kids like James Strong who has endured more than 15 brain surgeries and has cerebral palsy and dandy walker syndrome but chooses stay positive with his motto "Go Strong or Go Home" of which I got his wristband. Kids like the champion from New York; Ryan Reyes who was diagnosed with non-hodgkin lymphoma at age 15 and beat it through 6 rounds of chemotherapy. These kids who have been through more in their lifetimes than most people would experience through two and they stand up there as courageous and as happy and as passionate as any one person could be. It was truly an honor to get to meet and talk with all of these kids which is our main focus. I got some pictures for ya.

http://imgur.com/a/6cZ4R

I also happened to take home 4th place and $350 for my local hospital in the Madden '16 tournament.

4-2 in Madden '16 (I lost to Madden Champion 3-0 in a shortened 2 min quarter semi-final)
    1-1 in Rocket League
    0-1 in IDARB (which I have never played before)

• Like Like x 1
  3. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Maximum respect dude!

4. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Outstanding guys!!!

5. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Good on you lad. Great idea for raising awareness in a way that pulls folk together over something they enjoy.

btw, IDARB is awesome! :D

EDIT - I clicked on the image link but it never worked :(

6. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Really? That's weird. It works for me.

7. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Ahhhh. Flicked to desktop mode and it works now. Cracking photos!