Featured Threads Archive
FRONTIER NEWS NETWORK 07.18.2017 – OPERATION FRONTIER SHIELD
It’s finally here folks. Frontier Defense is real and it’s coming in our next DLC drop which will be available for free on 7.25.2017. Here’s the trailer:
Before we go into the details, we’d like to share some exciting news. In the last FNN we mentioned that we’ve currently been seeing over 1 million active users a month. We’re thrilled to update that since the last DLC drop we’ve seen player counts continue to grow month over month which is great to see at this point since release. It’s amazing to see lots of players still engaged with Titanfall 2 and new players coming in all the time. Thank you for the support!
Alright, let’s get into all the stuff coming with this drop:
NEW MODE: FRONTIER DEFENSE! ...
Recently, Respawn Entertainment posted a fairly long letter on the Frontier News Network addressing the future of Titanfall. Since we're all pretty passionate about this game, I wanted to make sure you guys saw it as well as summarizing some of the more important points of the letter.
Future of Titanfall 2 & Franchise Notes
- Next Frontier News Network drops on March 23rd & it'll give details regarding the March DLC content. Since we're almost at the end of March, you'd have to imagine that the DLC/update drops either late next week or the last week in March.
- A broader view of how the team will be supporting Titanfall 2 in the upcoming months will be revealed in April
- The team is aware that they could have done a better job at communicating the breadth of content that they have planned. They're promising...
I... literally don't have words. You guys probably know who Gamesager is, but if you don't, he's the person who pretty much dominates the trial run & he's a fantastic Titanfall 2 player too. Well, he's just been beat for the fastest Titanfall 2 trial run ever.
It's a really smart idea to use the grenade technique, but his accuracy on his shots is pretty nuts too. I don't even know if I can get double his time LOL
Today's update includes a ton of new content, features, bugfixes, and more. Here's what you have to look forward to:
New Content [FREE]
New Map: We are welcoming Angel City to Titanfall 2 with a 24/7 playlist, meaning if you just want to play Angel City all day and night you can!
- Playlist will be a mix of Attrition / Bounty Hunt / Amped Hardpoint.
- We will keep it up as long as it remains popular.
- Angel City will also be added to the map rotation for other playlists.
New Titan Kits:
RONIN: Phase Reflex
- When doomed, Ronin phases out of danger.
NORTHSTAR: Threat Optics
- Enemies are highlighted while zooming in.
SCORCH: Scorched Earth
- Flame Core ignites the ground, leaving thermite in its wake.
- Power Shot has two charges
- Aiming allows the 40mm to store up to 3 shots to burst fire.
Respawn just posted a news on the first DLC release date for Titanfall 2. The first DLC drop is officialled called Angel City's Most Wanted and it'll be releasing on November 30th.
Best part? All of the content will be FREE. Here's the breakdown on what you can expect in the first downloadable content:
- Angel City map: A fan favorite map from Titanfall 1 is reborn for Titanfall 2.
- Fans that pre-ordered Titanfall 2 will get access to the Angel City map starting on November 30. All other players will get access to the Angel City map starting on December 3rd.
- Wingman Elite Pistol
- Titan Kits: Get more customization for your Titan with these all new kits.
- Ion: Split Shot
- Tone: Preloader
- Scorch: Backdraft
- Legion: Powershot
- Northstar: Threat Vision
- Ronin: Doom Phase
- Pilot Execution [Phase Shift]
- Stats screen
- FAQ menu
- Angel City map: A fan favorite map from Titanfall 1 is reborn for Titanfall 2.
Just launched on TF's youtube channel.
And this small piece on xbox new from Steve Fukada on building the single player:
"We knew from the beginning of development on Titanfall 2 that we wanted to do a single player campaign. Our team has a rich history of creating great single player campaigns and as we reflected on what we wanted to do with it, there was a desire to bring back feelings we had playing games in the past that had a strong sense of mystery, discovery, and wonder. We knew that doing a typical shooter with the gameplay mechanics we built in Titanfall just wouldn’t work. In fact, we tried a prototype of that and it wasn’t fun at all. We wanted to do something new.
We started by letting our designers go off and explore new ideas and create ‘action blocks’. These were focused prototypes that showed off a particular...
Respawn hinted at it a few weeks ago, but they've officially revealed gameplay of titan & pilot visual customization in Titanfall 2. The video showcases a ton of different camo options for both your titan & pilot, as well as showcasing how the layering actually works too.
This is something that I've been waiting to see, and I'm really happy they're bringing it to the game!
Respawn launched a video today that showed off all of the titans in Titanfall 2, and it looks like we actually have a Titan that can fly! How insane is that?!
The official list of titans in Titanfall 2 will be: Scorch, Ion, Legion, Northstar, Tone & Ronin. Which Titan is your favorite in Titanfall 2?
We all played a ton of the first weekend of the Titanfall Beta/Tech-Test last weekend, but there was a ton of feedback provided by the community. With the Tech Test returning this weekend, Respawn has posted a ton of changes that they've made for us.
Here's a rundown of everything changing in Titanfall 2 so far:
TIME TO KILL
- Amped Weapons Boost now unlocks at 80% of the earn meter instead of 50%.
- Charge Rifles now have damage falloff at cross map distances.
- Slightly increased cloak visibility for other Pilots.
- Increased max wall-running speed.
- Increased base wall-running speed and air speed.
- Increased acceleration while jumping off walls.
- Titans dashes recharge 2 seconds faster
- Pilots now earn a small amount of Titan meter every 5 seconds.
- Score Limit lowered to 5000 from 6000 to increase the amount of games won by score instead of time....
Titanfall 2 Single-Player Campaign is Roughly 8 Hours Long
Now that we've all seen a bit of footage from the single player campaign in Titanfall 2, the next logical question would be how long the Titanfall 2 story actually is? Steve Fukuda, Game Director at Respawn Entertainment, recently confirmed to Playstation Lifestyle that the single player campaign can be expected to take around 8 to 10 hours at length.
Steve stated that it should take most people around 8 to 10 hours to finish, depending on their skill level and what difficulty they're playing on. If memory serves me right, that puts the campaign at longer than the typical Call of Duty campaign which makes me excited. Doesn't seem like too long or too short, a great sweet spot.
What do you guys think about the length...
Yesterday, I teased a major surprise for you guys. I recently went out to Respawn's studios in LA to get my hands on Titanfall 2! I've got a preview for the game's single-player showing campaign gameplay, and I'll have some exclusive multiplayer footage for you guys soon.
If you enjoyed the video, definitely make sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel & give the video a thumbs up!
With Titanfall 2 releasing in such a crowded window, I've been really curious as to how many copies the game will sell. I loved the first title, and playing Titanfall 2 at EA Play reaffirmed how much I love what Respawn Entertainment has done with this franchise.
In EA's recent financial call, they touched on the amount of copies they expect both Titanfall 2 & Battlefield 1 to sell. It seems that EA is being a little conservative for their Battlefield 1 estimate, and a bit more aggressive with their Titanfall 2 estimate.
Here's a snippet from the article:
In Titanfall 1, you could easily just wait for a timer to tick down if you were having a bad game to earn your titan. Things look to be changing in Titanfall 2 according to Vince Zampella in a recent interview. Here's what he had to say around earning your titan in Titanfall 2:
However they changed the system,...
While we're all hyped for Titanfall 2 to be unveiled at EA Play, the Titanfall 2 collector's edition has leaked. A Polish retailer posted two editions earlier today & deleted them from the website shortly after.
It appears that Titanfall 2's collector's edition will come in an Uber & Standard edition. The images you see above showcase each version, and they both look pretty sick. The standard comes with a statue and the Uber edition comes with an actual replica helmet that you can wear!
Normally I'd peg these just as leaks and say I was 50/50 on them, but take a look at what Vince Zampella posted earlier today. Seems to pretty much confirm it!
An interesting rumor dropped today on the official Titanfall sub-Reddit that seems fairly credible. The user that posted the thread dropped a few pieces of Titanfall 2 gameplay news & also posted an image that he states features part of the Titanfall 2 box art (left side).
Here's a rundown of what he stated:
- Titanfall 2 features a grappling hook. You can use the grappling hook to grab on to your Titan, aid you in free-running, or even pull an enemy out of mid-air.
- There's a pre-order bonus for a handgun called the Violator
- Multiplayer maps are much bigger, possibly with an increased player count
MePlay has leaked that Titanfall 2 will release on August 30th for PS4, Xbox One & PC. The image you see above is on their site, but it's using the old Titanfall images and not any new screenshots at this point.
Take this with a grain of salt, but if this is true.. wow, that's way earlier than I expected to see the game release. Do you guys think this leaked release date is legit?
 - It should be noted that EA stated that Titanfall 2 would be releasing in its Q3 period, and August 30th wouldn't be in Q3 for them last time I checked. I'd remain skeptical, but it seems like it's still a possibility. I'd be banking on a November release if it were me though.
Earlier today, EA listed Titanfall 2 to launch in its fiscal third quarter aka October through December of 2016. As we all saw recently, Battlefield 1 will be releasing on October 21st.. so it doesn't look like Respawn & EA would launch their shooter in the month of October.
Instead? I'm pretty confident that we'll see Titanfall 2's release date be revealed at EA Play to fall between November to December. My assumption is they'd target after Call of Duty: Infinite War, but before Thanksgiving/Black Friday. That'll allow them to capitalize on sales before COD (with BF1) & after COD (Titanfall 2), and then have plenty of people pick their games up during the holidays.
What do you guys think?
Page 1 of 2