Titanfall (Feedback) Why I Got A Refund

Discussion in 'Feedback, Issues & Suggestions' started by Nomistrav, Mar 11, 2015.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Nomistrav

Nomistrav Generation 1

Game was legit enjoyable. I loved the hell out of it. From what I played it was well worth buying the Deluxe Edition and playing through. I especially loved the whole burn card system and the nifty dynamic it brought to the usual tedium that the game might have offered without it. The credits system was also pretty unique and cool in that I enjoyed being able to skip challenges, buy insignias, and Titan AI voices. The multiplayer campaign was also pretty unique and I especially loved the random Grunt/Spectres livening up the battlefield.

But around level 10-15 I encountered the one dumbest thing I've ever seen in an FPS and promptly issued a refund from Origin just because I already know that it's frustration induced BS (for lack of a better word) was going to outweigh any fun I was going to ever find in this game.

And that was the Smart Pistol + Bunny Hopping combo.

Just figured I'd explain why I didn't care to play this game past that point.

2. A4eaTransformer

A4eaTransformer Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Wow. You might have thrown the baby out with the bath water. The perturbation in the Force that the SP introduces is just a very small sliver of the beauty and complexity the game has to offer. Sorry to see that you will not be playing more to discover this for yourself.

3. Nomistrav

Nomistrav Generation 1

#3 Nomistrav, Mar 11, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
    Not really. I think that the SP, in it's current form, completely nullifies the competitive nature that the game has to offer and is too good in it's current form. Part of the parkour element is having the skill to kill your enemy while you're navigating and that's something the Smart Pistol completely removes from play and renders moot.

You compare the Smart Pistol to any other weapon and it's advantages completely outweigh the others. There needs to be something that counteracts it's ease of use; something that adds weight to bouncing around like an idiot in order to have the insane power that it does through instant-killing the other player. There's nothing fun about being on the receiving end of that and the instant I saw it I knew that it wasn't worth exploring the rest of the game because of the sheer frequency that I'm going to see it.

EDIT: Another factor is that I was charged $43 for the Deluxe Edition for some reason and the store price is $20... Not sure how or why that happened but it definitely weighs my opinions.

4. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Damn dude. You bought the game, played it until the s/p annoyed you enough to ask for a refund, got the refund and then joined a forum of the game that you just got a refund for to tell everyone... okay, as long as it makes sense to you. Too bad you didn't get the free DLC... you could have told us about that too.

• Like Like x 3
  5. A4eaTransformer

A4eaTransformer Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

As you may have seen, there has been +++ discussion of this issue in the SP Forum. So I will not kick a dead horse. But I will just say again one last time but in different words: the sp may be good for grunts as is just about any weapon. It takes a while to lock on for pilots and is not that much of an advantage...really. If I see a pilot with an sp first, he will be killed. How many kills can you make during a count of "one thousand, two thousand, three thousand...." the average time to lock on? The only really irritating situation for me is when they are hiding on a roof top and point below, the sp can get me a bit more easily for the shooter than with a regular gun...maybe. I think those who are psyched out by a smart pistol are just a little impatient and have a low frustration threshold. If the sp's are so darn good then why is not everyone running around with sp's? The only time I see them these days are when they are used by newbies and for completion of challenges.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dancing Titan

Dancing Titan Generation 2

agreed but with a good aim and the right gun... u can out play the sp users

7. ETERNALT0AST

ETERNALT0AST Generation 3

All this post deserves is a very slow, very condescending clap......

8. D4u2s0t

D4u2s0t Generation 3

You didn't give it enough time. once you learn how to move, you WILL NOT get killed by the smart pistol. You will ONLY get killed by the smart pistol if you are camping, or standing out in the open too long. The smart pistol is actually a disadvantage for good players, you can do significantly better with the others. I would have recommended working on movement a bit more before returning the game over 1 weapon that isn't used all that much. I would say it's definitely the gun I have seen the LEAST.

It takes some time to lock on with the smart pistol, which basically means if you get killed by it, a player of comparable skill would have killed you just as easy with any other weapon. Movement is key in this game, learning the maps, learning how to wall run effectively, etc. Once you get good at this, YOU WILL NOT DIE from the smart pistol.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Jimmah

Jimmah Generation 5

If you get killed by the SP a lot, you are standing still for too long.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Yeah, wow, OK. Not sure what to say here other than it's a huge loss for a rather inconsequential issue.

11. Jeffb2001

Jeffb2001 Generation 3

I like the SP, but Pilot to Pilot I die more than I kill. That darn lock-on time. I don't like to hide, maybe that's way it gets me killed all the time. Mag launcher can sometimes kill more than the SP with 1 trigger pull. I've killed more Pilots with it.