Game preference COD or Titanfall Beta

Discussion in 'Titanfall 360 & Xbox One' started by Raging Pillow X, Feb 26, 2014.

?
  1. Titanfall Beta Only

83.3%
  2. COD Ghosts w/ all current DLC

8.3%
  3. I have not played both games

8.3%
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Raging Pillow X

Raging Pillow X Generation 3

Out of curiosity i decided to create a poll to see what members of the Titanfall community would prefer for a year. I am going to create the same thread on a ghosts forum and compare the responses. Purely for the sake of science (albeit a crappy science)

2. CRUCIAL

CRUCIAL Generation 4

Admit it, you just wanted to play with the poll options lol

As for the question, I played cod mp for 1 night, the beta I played every day it was out, so that's an easy answer for me.

Think you'll find the answers a bit one sided here though as its full of beta players, be interesting to hear your results on the cod site though.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Clarkeh

Clarkeh Post-Patch Generation 6 Pilot
    Elite Pilot

Bought a few of the CoD Games but never touched the multiplayer was more interested in the SP side of things but when i got my hands on Titanfall that changed.

4. Jnardz

Jnardz Generation 4

I agree I think your poll answers will be bias but I e played COD for 9 years now and Ghosts was a let down and that led me into trying out TF. Let's all remember something here that the beta was NOT a finished product and was only running in 790p resolution and via twitter of Respawns twitter yesterday they said the game will be released in 1080p Holy crap if things couldn't get any better with this game.

5. Raging Pillow X

I figured it would be one sided here, but i am also kinda curious about the maturity level as well. COD forums seem to be plagued with immaturity or at least people incapable of considering a pov. i am already beginning to enjoy this forum more and i have spent a lot of time in the cod forums.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Raging Pillow X

Yep, i expected one sided here. So far on COD's site the only responses i have got are either for Titanfall or that i am stupid. Not a single vote for COD. There is so much frustration and aggression in those forums.

7. Raging Pillow X

You got me, I did want to mess with the poll options. forgot to include this in the earlier reply.

8. Jnardz

Jnardz Generation 4

I was involved in the COD forums but I just couldn't stand the frustration dealing with people on there anymore so I just excluded myself

• Like Like x 1
  9. Gaming To Excess

Gaming To Excess Generation 5

Titanfall Beta just think i was a COD fan for years till i tried TF Beta

• Like Like x 1
  10. Clarkeh

Elite Pilot

I have a feeling Infinity Ward is going to do something stupid and do something similar to TF.

11. CRUCIAL

CRUCIAL Generation 4

What makes you think that Clarkeh?

They'll defo be watching TF with a lot of interest, but I think it'll take sustained serious numbers being made by TF before that cash cow will move.

12. Clarkeh

Elite Pilot

Well last year we had the Zombie fad trudging its way through the gaming scene and CoD picked up on that and started spinning out zombie DLCs to bring thier core players something zombieish to keep them playing so i would think they would do something similar but along the lines of Titanfall.

13. CRUCIAL

CRUCIAL Generation 4

Ah right I see your line of thought, definately possible although they'll actually have to redesign their movement mechanics, who knows might be a good thing for them.

14. OujaStrike

OujaStrike Generation 4 Level 50
    Elite Pilot

current state of cod titanfall all the way but mw1, mw2 and bo1 is a tough choice vs titanfall

15. ZJP

ZJP Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

I'm a self-admitted CoD fan boy here and I'll be honest with you, Titanfall slapped that right out of my head. Traded ghosts in. And I'm devouring any and all info on this game.

Respawn took everything I love about CoD and put it in to Titanfall....and took everything I hate about CoD and took it out. And then they doused it with a shit ton of things that appeal to my inner geek like jet packs and giant robots. :)

I have become a Titanfall Evangelist.

And I shall preach the good word, my sons!!!!!

• Like Like x 3
  16. Chaz

Chaz Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Glad that you're enjoying your time here. :) I think it's safe to say we pride ourselves on being respectful to one another around here.

As far as the question goes, let's just say that I played Ghosts last weekend when it was free to play, and I uninstalled it right after my first match. I went into it with optimism, but there was nothing there that made me say "wow". I think the most important thing I took away from it was that I didn't have fun playing it. Everything was dull and boring.

My choice is Titanfall. I'm so stoked for the full release, as I know so many others here are too. :)

17. ZJP

ZJP Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

Until I played Titanfall, it never even OCCURRED to me that I hadn't been having fun in a long time. How weird is that?

18. Chaz

Chaz Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

I know exactly what you mean. It was sort of like I just played Call of Duty because everyone else was, not even for my own enjoyment.

19. ZJP

ZJP Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

EXACTLY...

"Xbox On."

"Go to Call of Duty: Ghosts"

Play a bit. Not be able to find anyone after two laps around the map. Realize it's a bunch of guys with the world's worst aim, hiding at the back of the map, camping for streaks. Spend next 4 minutes being beat up by AI helicopters and dogs. Half of my team quits. Rest of my team quits.

Rage Quit.

Start next match.

You have received a voice message from Random12YearOld420NeverGetLaid

Random12YearOld420NeverGetLaid: "LOLz.......GET OWNED N00B"

Me: "...."

"Xbox Turn Off. ..........YES."

Throw controller on ground.

Angrily eat tasty sammich.

End scene.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Chaz

Chaz Generation 6