Gen 9 Rage

Discussion in 'Titanfall 360 & Xbox One' started by Blumagoodude, Jul 8, 2015.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Blumagoodude

Blumagoodude Generation 2

Title says it all really. I'd quite happily shoot myself with a Kraber (though no doubt I'd miss) based on these challenges. I'm a nimble (ish) run and gun type player, so it seems like all of the challenges are pretty much the antithesis of my play style. Honestly, The Hemlock and that darn Kraber are going to be the death of me in this game. Add to that the fact that I'm having to trudge around in a cumbersome Ogre and it seems like this Gen has just been set up to infuriate me as much as possible.

Has anyone else had similar problems at this point? And by problems I'm talking about going from getting between 6-15 pilot kills per game to getting slaughtered. Literally just had a game where I didn't get a single pilot kill.

Know it's a first post guys, and sorry for the rant, but I love this game and these challenges are really causing me some hurt.

Peace out

J

• Like Like x 1
  2. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Hi there!
    I feel your pain, just trying to wade through these hemlock kills at the moment, getting pasted unless hiding in the distance. Dont like the starburst mod for the bfr - has too much recoil and not enough accuracy ( ooh I'm on a whining roll now! !!) Its ok if youre not up against a carbine

Tried campaign and attrition this morning and ran into some real good players, which didnt help:confused:

on the plus side, ive really enjoyed the smart pistol, and the mwaa ha ha haaaa!!! Of the nuclear ejections.....

see you on the gen 10 side!

• Like Like x 1
  3. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

@Blumagoodude Been there, done that, got the t-shirt.:) So close you can almost taste it aren't you. Rage turned around is determination (well actually it's Egar but you know where this is going;)). Alot of the stuff is time consuming and a grind but if you've gotten this far you've been having your time consumed and grinding to get where you are. Get those pilots kills and rip the arms of of a few titans and reap the reward and accolades you've so sought. I and many others are waiting... there will be food, drinks and dancers... really!:D Okay,:confused: there won't be any drinks. Oh... Welcome to the forum.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Blumagoodude

Just finished off the weapon challenges. Most non-heinous! I can't say for with any degree of certainty that having to use the Hemlock or Kraber has made me a more well rounded player though. That said, sheer bloody mindedness in the face of adversity does build character apparently.

Anyway, ghostly goings on, MVP and those pesky ejection kills left to do. It's über grind now, but I'm sooooooooooo close.

Can't wait to get back to playing the game without any Gen faff though.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Blumagoodude

Get those pilots kills and rip the arms of of a few titans and reap the reward and accolades you've so sought. I and many others are waiting... there will be food, drinks and dancers... really!:D Okay,:confused: there won't be any drinks. Oh... Welcome to the forum.[/QUOTE]

Arms have been ripped. Pilots have been killed and a whole lexicon of swearwords have been uttered. But I'm on the home straight now, no more godawful weapons that I feel shoehorned into using anymore!!!! Woohoo!

Just the other bits and bobs to do now and I can chill. And seeing as you've crushed my hopes of drinks and dancers, I'll have to sort my own out (keep an eye out for a Stryder doing it's best 'Saturday Night Fever Impression' :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. A4eaTransformer

A4eaTransformer Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Welcome to the group Blumagoodude! Love your comments. Congratulations on your impending Gen 10 success. I suspect that if you are like the rest of us you will play unfettered for a while dancing free and easy. Then you will face the Rank play frustrations ultimately abandoning the worries vs loosing all your hair. Then you will look for more insanely frustrating things to do like completely all challanges and achievements and get all the insignias. Yes, and all along the way you will bask in the pure fun of it all. When you realize so fully that this game no matter how good or bad you play is infinitely varied and fun. The only requirement to be universally accepted and respected is to have so much fun you do not care about anything else like the usual K/D stuff. See you out there sometime.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Eloquently put my friend.;)

8. Blumagoodude

Thanks kindly for the welcome. I've had a fettle around with the rank chip and confess that I found the system somewhat wanting. Whilst I probably could tweak my play style to try and hit all of the right boxes, it's too much in the way of faff for my liking. Unfettered and free is very much my style, so I think I'll stick to that. But yes, I do feel that the lure of the trying to complete all of the challenges may well be too much to ignore. As for K/D? Well it's why I fell so hard for the game. As an attrition monkey, I farm and shoot (try to anyway) anything that moves with a red tag. Naturally, that doesn't always work, but who cares? Fighting robots and bouncing around like the energiser bunny on some form of amphetamine?! Who could want for more?

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Gagnon 30

Gagnon 30 Generation 3

Hemlock is probably my favorite weapon, use the "starburst" once yu get it and kills pile up faster

For Hemlock I would strongly suggest you play hard point Domination where you can guard points and trap enemy pilots. Kill rack up to about 5 per game pilot wise easily with this method normally.

Krabner was tough one for me as well, so I looked at CTF where I defended our flag by camping at obvious points where pilots would approach and pick them off this way. Yes this meant often aiming at my flag to kill enemy as soon as the tried to get flag

I'd suggest for Hemlock you play the list that allows you different gametypes song varies them up and makes the test less boring

Remember, playing noobs in campaign is often a great way to rack up kills with any weapon

10. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Hey fella. A belated welcome from me.

If I can reach gen 10, then you can too. This is fact, not motivation!

11. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I totally agree with Bruvas' s "If I can reach GEN 10, then you can too" way of thinking. You are at the door so kick it in and announce your presence.;) It's been a couple of weeks... give us an update.:cool:

12. A4eaTransformer

A4eaTransformer Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

I love the hemlock too. It is so lethal in medium range. But it is just too limited for my overall playing style especially in an aggressive attrition game. Really though, every gun is my favorite when used in the situation it is meant for.

13. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

I can say two things about levelling up. One. I am glad that there are people sticking with it. Two. I am glad that I no longer have to. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Eazyridr73

Eazyridr73 Generation 3

well finally after kicking myself in the butt, i've graduated to a GeN 3, but not to worry all my goodies went back to lvl 1... i'm calling obama have him put a presidential pardon on my stuff... FYI the EVA-8 needs something other than what it has.. auto shot sounds nice.. otherwise it's a pain in the butt... be safe everyone...

• Like Like x 1
  15. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

@Eazyridr73 WTG EZ!!! Does suck kinda when you regen. Gives you time to hone your skills and tactics... on the enemy.;)

• Like Like x 1
  16. RottweilerluvNZ

RottweilerluvNZ Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

I must admit I hated the challenges past gen 2 lol.

Many nights focused just on certain challenges meant not being able to play to optimum. Good thing though, it teaches you each weapon so you can make a call from there of what kind of pilot you are!