Gooser Gen 5

Discussion in 'Titanfall 360 & Xbox One' started by Only Lukeee, Feb 28, 2015.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Only Lukeee

Only Lukeee Generation 1

would anyone be willing to the 5 gooser kills for me as i am having so much trouble with them , ive got 1 in about 7 hours ??

many thanks

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Not laughing at you, but with you.... that is if your laughing.;) The Gooser Challenge is a really rough challenge for a lot of pilots... myself being one of them. Don't give up Lukeee, you'll get it.

3. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Don't give up man, I did it when it was still 50/50. I got 8 in one game at one point. Just Stryder + Chaingun with Extended Magazine... as soon as you doom a Titan, boost backwards and look straight up in the air. Even if someone has auto-cloak, you can still see them if they jet pack so shoot in the general vicinity and they'll most likely instinctively do that.

• Like Like x 1
  4. PAYLHORS8248

PAYLHORS8248 Generation 5

I know how you feel.....
    And trust me the only thing that is going to offset the frustration is when you complete that SOB!!!!
    The above advise is solid and IT WILL COME!!!
    7 hours?,......IT TOOK ME DAYS MAYBE WEEKS TO BAG MY FIRST!!!
    (whimper....., I'm OK,....breath)Okay, Iiiii got this.....
    Deep calming breaths....

My first 5 goosers were hard won and then I had to laugh as once I regen'ed I whacked 3 in short order in the course of two days (and one of those was a dual eject with the B3 Wingman......in front of my 13 y/o son!!!!! For the day I could do no wrong in his eyes).
    Anyway, once you get it out of the way you'll laugh and then it just becomes a familiar moment of opportunity you will recognize in an instant and not a "I gotta get this frick'n-frack'n blankity-blank....WHHHHHAAAAA DU U MEANN IT DINNIT COUNT!!!! AaRGGGGH!!! (all while literally choking the life out of (another?) controller).
    Also, weighing in on the boredom aspect, that has happened to me too and a couple days away can do wonders to "I wonder whut the fella's are doing..... oh,... T-fall". Get a couple good epic runs under yur belt and your back to wall running with a vengeance and squishing pilots like taco bell salsa packets.
    Anyway, send'n out a big OGRE hug to you & my homies who need it.
    Fear not there is a light off in the distance......(no wait,....is that a ARCH rifle powering up?)........BZZZZZrrrgggT!!! (meat loaf)
    D. out

(This is a response I made a few months back to another "brother" who was at his wits end. Hope it helps.)

• Like Like x 1
  5. BigDaddyHotGue

BigDaddyHotGue Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

Here's a post I put on this forum nearly a year ago (May, 2014): http://www.titanfall-community.com/...-darn-gooser-challenge.4902/page-4#post-40234

If you read through all that - you'll find a link to a YouTube video that is EXCELLENT advice for Goosers. By the way, since this post I've done the Gooser challenge officially twice. Finished to Gen10 on my own GT and then used my son's GT to rank up to Gen10 again. Gotta admit I was ready to quit the game the first time around but honestly it does get a lot easier. The second time around, I got 3 of 'em in just one match! I know it doesn't really help for others to tell you how easy it is when you're struggling... but trust us - you will get there. Just stick with it!!

Go find that YouTube vid in the post I've given you above and try some of those tips to see what works best for you. KEEP TRYING. It's worth the effort when you're done!!

• Like Like x 1
  6. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I remember ... (ahhhh, seems so long ago) having the same feelings. You can do it. Even I did it. Your well on your way. The first on is in the bag, only four more and if you'd like you can strike the word "gooser" from your vocabulary.:)

7. Taolinsan

Taolinsan Generation 2

I have awesome respect for the players that did this challenge before it was cut back to 5 from 50!!!

8. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

As you should. The Gooser was a ... "I did not like it" lets just say.:(