Growing on me

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by Adrianisbrave, Dec 5, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Adrianisbrave

Adrianisbrave Generation 3

Hi guys!

It has been a long time since I visited. To be honest I hung up my jump pack for a while due to life getting in the way and maybe becoming a bit bored of the original Titanfall (sacrilege I know).

I played the Titanfall 2 beta and was severly disappointed by the map and the movement so even with my absolute love of the first game I wasn't an early adopter. However I picked it up about 4 weeks ago, had a blast through the campaign and it has been growing on me since to the point I am almost at a bubbling mad obsession again.

I'm surprised by some of the negativity in this forum, I don't think too many changes need to be made... Just some more maps would be great for me.

I genuinely think that anybody who feels the game is too slow should ditch the cloak, grab the stim and an smg and start having a blast. I'm literally pinging off walls and roofs spraying death with a massive smile on my face.

Hopefully catch some of you out there soon.

• Like Like x 3
  2. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Glad you are back and that you are enjoying it. I agree with you about the Stim. It is amazing. It definitely does need more maps as you suggested.

There are some valid concerns that some members have expressed (which you may notice more as you go along):
    1) The game has been tailored to attract traditional FPS players, which has created a balance problem:
    http://www.titanfall-community.com/threads/the-case-for-how-matchmaking-is-worse-than-tf1.8054/
    2) Situational awareness - it is very common to be 1-shot killed with almost any weapon and you had no idea you were being attacked or where it came from.
    3) Preset titan loadouts - you can now customize what your titan looks like, but not the important stuff that does the damage.

I don't view things like this as being negative. This is just hopefully constructive criticisms to help make the game better for everyone.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Stick the FOV up to 110 too for an even lovlier experience!!!!

4. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

yes, i lik the single player a lot as well,
    but the multi really needs some improvements, i know it's subjective, but most of the players, want some changes,
    read the other threads you'll find very reasonable suggestions ;)

5. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Well, welcome back man. I'm really glad you're starting to enjoy the game man. The negativity is a weird dynamic. It seems like on Reddit and on Twitter it's majority positive but on these and their official forums it's a majority negative. There are some concerns that I have about the game but I have full trust in Respawn to adjust what needs adjusting. If you ever want to get some games in man, let me know, my tag is Ik0n88x on both consoles.

6. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

• Like Like x 1
  7. Adrianisbrave

Adrianisbrave Generation 3

Personally I haven't noticed any matchmaking issues but I guess it is subjective.

In terms of the one shot kill this is also something I haven't noticed. 99% when I die it is because I have made a stupid mistake or wrong decision... It's all part of the fun though. I love the fact there is no death counter - you can literally just enjoy the experience and go crazy.

I actually think the Titan loadouts are pretty well balanced as they are and if you were able to change them it could cause real issues.

Of course the game isn't perfect but it's a whole lot of fun when it works right and isn't far from what I hoped for in a sequel.

That said... Some of the maps leave a lot to be desired - it's no wonder so many people are playing just Angel City.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Yeah, it's all a matter of opinion, To each his own. Nowhere near what I expected in a sequel. I think most agree about the maps though, so we have that.

9. roman.emperor

roman.emperor Generation 1

I enjoyed the beta, so I decided to buy the game. I'm beginning to get frustrated by this game. For a game that's about movement with no radar, a lot of people camp the same areas. I remember disliking CoD for this very reason. I use to call CoD camperville, and this game is becoming the same thing. I'm pissed because it's now a waste of cash. I should have bought something else.