Horrible draw distance in Titanfall 2

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by Cetek14, Nov 5, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Cetek14

Cetek14 Generation 3

I can't believe no one noticed it yet. It's even visible on youtube videos and official screens. Textures are changing to bigger resolution in front of us, models (grass etc.) are appearing 10-30 meters in front of us. It can be changed in config files, but now i only figured out how to fix textures pop ins, but models pop ins are still unfixed. Even if you don't know how to fix it, reply here that you noticed here, so developers should fix it, especially on pc, because we can handle it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I don't believe I've noticed this. I'm not saying it is not happening just that I haven't noticed. I'm glad you brought it up in case others have the same issue.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Cetek14

Cetek14 Generation 3

Everyone has it. I can see it on EVERY youtube video. But i'm very sensitive to any graphical defects, that's why maybe i'm the only one who noticed this.
    Look at this (url has been removed, find config configuration for Titanfall 2 at nvidia site (use google), find models comparisons in config tweaking (4vs1)).
    Right side is vanilla game. Left side is config tweaked. Game is looking very good at close distance, if you are moving textures are appearing in bigger resolution. About models - look at canal in Blackmoor Canal. Use zoom - grass and small rocks are appearing. Stop zooming, models are disappearing. It's called lod, but it shouldn't be so close to us. Textures can be fixed in config, models not. I'm trying to get information from support.

4. Mic Blades

Mic Blades Generation 3

Yea, it's especially bad when a match is starting up.

5. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

i've noticed the details and shadows draw distance increasing when i move forward or look around, like im inside a "details bubble" where i walk there are details and shadows,
    but not as high as you described,
    increasing the draw distance will affect the performance negatively

6. Cetek14

Cetek14 Generation 3

"High visible pop ups" are not so close to us, but "small pop ups" like monitors, small rocks, furniture are close to us. Increasing lod textures from 1 to 4 fixes all textures pop ups, and gives -2 fps (info from nvidia site). I'm still trying to fix models pop ups. It will probably be negative for performance, but i believe my card will survive this.
    P.S
    As i said, everyone has the same draw distance as me. As i said, i'm sensitive to graphical defects, that's why i see everything.
    Edit
    And i'm not talking about textures loading. It's another problem, but the least visible.

7. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

would you kindly tell us what files to modify and what to write to increase the draw distance?

8. Cetek14

Cetek14 Generation 3

Videoconfig.txt in your documents, respawn, titanfall 2, local. Change setting.r_lod_switch_scale from 1 to 4. Now game is looking better than official gameplays. Now textures are beautiful, but i'm still working on models draw distance. All source draw distance commands are not working, looks like engine is heavily modified.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

thank you kind sir

the file is videoconfig

10. Cetek14

Cetek14 Generation 3

So textures are working. If someone will accidentally come across command for models (grass, details etc) draw distance, please post ir here. I'm still trying to find solution.

11. Mic Blades

Mic Blades Generation 3

#11 Mic Blades, Nov 7, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
    r_lod [-8 to 8] - Determines the rate at which level of detail (lod) is stripped from objects as they recede away from the player. The lower the value, the more detail remains visible on objects as they progress into the distance, reducing performance but increasing image quality.

lod_TransitionDist [range] - The distance at which the lod is reduced on objects. The higher this range, the lower your performance but the better distant objects will appear.

You're doing it backwards. LOD = Level of Detail. Unless the site I grabbed this from is wrong. You putting it up to 4 is giving less detail overall and more specifically the farther away an object is. I will try it out myself and see.

12. Cetek14

Cetek14 Generation 3

Standard is "1". After changing to "4" (nvidia site says it's max value) game is looking ten times better. As i said, this engine is probably heavily modified, that's why none of the source commands are working.

13. Cetek14

Cetek14 Generation 3

I can't edit post above so i'm typing here.
    Just go to this link http://www.ge force.com/whats-new/guides/titan fall-2-graphics-performance-and-tweaking-guide#titan fall-2-config-file-tweaking (delete spaces)(moderators don't ban me, this is not reflink or any other trash, it's normal link to normal webiste)
    Everything about graphics and lod is there. But i still can't find information about draw distance. You found some different commands, Mic Blades. Looks like there is something on internet. If developers won't fix their game, we will fix it. So if someone knows something, post it here.

14. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

i changed lod from 1 to 4 and see no difference

15. Cetek14

Cetek14 Generation 3

#15 Cetek14, Nov 8, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
    If you changed something in options, videoconfig.txt automatically changes to standard values.

16. Mic Blades

Mic Blades Generation 3

Try negative values, I notice a difference. I don't know how to take screenshots in Origin so I can't really compare the game using different values side by side, it to me appears to make a big difference but performance does go down.

17. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

like -1 or -4 what did you use?

18. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

i tried with -1 and -2 there is no difference :s

19. Cetek14

Cetek14 Generation 3

Just change 1 to 4. If you made it properly and you can't see difference, you have broken graphic card.

20. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

i need a new graphic card? :(