I'm loving all the Passion!

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by KernelClamjuice, Aug 20, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. KernelClamjuice

KernelClamjuice Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

lets stay fired up! LOL

We love the game so much we wanted it to continue..

We loved the original game and it's obvious we aren't getting anything similar to it this time around. It is what it is..

But...I think we all need to take a step back chill. Especially me.

I promise to be a little more respectful with my griping and complaining.

I've found a nice "ignore" feature that should help.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Good on you lad! So long as it remains civil, it's all good!

I keep reminding myself that it's pre-alpha. The finished game may not change at all, and I'll not be overly disappointed if it doesn't, but feed back is needed by the developers. Also, a carbon copy of T1 would have made no sense at all.

My pre-order stands, can't wait for the full release! 4 more titans to test for 3 seconds per game before I get my ass rodeo'd!!! :p

• Like Like x 2
  3. KernelClamjuice

KernelClamjuice Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

:)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ninjajedaii

Ninjajedaii Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

I agree 100% with this. Good game bro :D

• Like Like x 1
  5. RangerIXXI

RangerIXXI Generation 2

While I somewhat agree. We are not getting this game for free. It is another $60 base game that looks like crap and for us PC players it is yet another bad port.

This looks like it will be worse than the first. I am assuming you, like me are PAYING customers for this game. It is not free and I do not get all of this relaxed, chill let us be nice to the developers nonsense when we are not getting it for free.

Griping and complaining is allowed if you are a paying customer. I am not following this logic at all. You have every right to voice your anger and frustration over a product you feel does not meet your expectations especially another disaster (it looks) at $60.

I have already canned my pre-order and have no intention of buying it now. What a huge slap in the face to true titanfall fans. Vince might as well tell us which console maker (I am betting Sony this time around) is he on his knees in front of.

I am furious and if you paid for the game you have every right to be too. You have nothing to be sorry for.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I very much respect KernelClamJuice and I always love Bruvas' laid back style, however, aside from not getting the game (because I definitely will and will give it a fair shot), I have to agree with Ranger here. Of course, we should be civil, and I need to do a better job at that when the COD players stick their nose in our community, but we have every right to be critical and call out the developers in a passionate way about a game that some of us absolutely love. I honestly feel like Titanfall is my baby. I haven't checked recently, but back in March I checked and I had over 80 complete days of actual in-game time. I think I calculated that I had played over 14,000 games of Titanfall at the time. I care about this game. It means a lot to me. And if I feel like someone is ruining it, it really upsets me. It feels like someone is putting a pillow over my baby's face. I'm going to be angry. And then if someone from an outside world (COD) comes in and basically tells me, "This is great that they are putting a pillow over your baby's face. You should really be happy about it." Well, I think I have a right to be furious about that. Also, the money doesn't mean so much to me as the content of the game itself, but Ranger is right, we are paying for it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

don't forget the helmet lol you could sell the game lol. Keep you head up brother i have faith that it will be better than we expected . lets hope the feedback helped Respawn take notice . as for me i will keep my order for just the campain and i probable can adapt to the multiplayer here's to Hope.

dsf5193jpg-c1f5d3_765w.jpg dscf5330jpg-bf683f_765w.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. Trini Chinese

short version

complete version from PAX Prime .

the escence of titan fall .

• Like Like x 1
  9. Trini Chinese

Something i read online.

As the first segment of the Titanfall 2 Tech Test has come to a close and the Feedback Forum has now been archived, it seems to be as good a time as any to go into detail on the exact differences between Titanfall 1's and 2's Titans.

Titanfall 1

Titans were acquired via a Titan Timer. The Titan Timer was set for 4 minutes until "Titanfall". This could be reduced via scoring points, i.e. killing bots, pilots, titans, or playing the objective. After the first "Titanfall", the rebuild timer for Titans was set for 2 minutes and 30 seconds. The Titan Timer was used to insure newer players could experience Titan game play consistently while also rewarding higher level players with a Titan Timer reduction for scoring points.

There were 3 chassis: Stryder, Atlas, and Ogre. Chassis were balanced by Durability, Mobility, and Core abilities which were acquired via a Timer system identical to the Titan Timer.
    Stryder was the frailest but most agile Titan with 3 dashes and faster base movement speed, it had the Dash Core which allowed for unlimited dashes for the duration.
    Altas was average in both damage resistance and overall speed with 2 dashes, it had the Damage Core which increased the Titan's overall damage output for the duration.
    Ogre was the tankiest but most immobile Titan with only 1 dash and slower movement speed, it had the Shield Core which increased the Titan's over all damage resistance for the duration.

All Titans came equipped with a Recharging Shield. Once your Titan had taken damage, after a set period time your Titan's Shields would regenerate to full. However, if your Titan continued taking damage after the Shield was depleted, then the damage would reduce your Titan's health. The shield could be bypassed by rodeoing the Titan and shooting into it, directly damaging the Titan's health but not effecting its shields at all. Your Titan's health could not be regenerated. Then once your Titan's health was reduced to 0, you would enter a "Doomed" state where your Titan is susceptible to a one hit Titan melee in other words "Execution" as well as eventually explode if enough time had passed or if you had taken too much damage in the "Doomed" state.

Titans had several customizable options in terms of weaponry to choose from.
    6 primary weapons, 3 tactical abilities, and 4 ordinances as well as 2 tiers of kits with 5 options per kits.
    All weaponry was available regardless of which Titan chassis you chose.

Titanfall 2

Titans are now acquired via a Titan Percentage. The Titan Percentage can only be increased by acquiring points and will also decrease while a Pilot is no longer scoring points or taking damage. Once the Titan Percentage has reached 100%, you will have the option to "Titanfall". The Titan Percentage is designed to have higher level players experience the Titan while lower level players will no longer have a guaranteed Titan at any point in the game.

There are now 6 chassis: Scorch, Ion, Ronin, and 3 other chassis yet to be revealed.
    Chassis are now locked in terms of weaponry, with the exception of 3 kits with 2 universal options in each kit with 1 being exclusive to the chassis.
    Titans have one set primary, ordnance, tactical, defensive, and core which all only vary by chassis.

All Titans now come equipped with a battery for a small shield, this shield does not regenerate. Shields are now recovered via leaving your Titan collecting batteries which are acquired by rodeoing a enemy Titan and removing its battery or by retrieving a stolen battery. The battery will then restore your Titans shields to full, regardless of if the shield of the previous owner were depleted when their battery was removed.

I know there are more differences I am forgetting to include, so please do list them below.

I much prefer the original Titanfall's Titan game play and strategies as most of the changes seem very regressive in nature and reduce the depth of Titan v Pilot as well as Titan v Titan combat.

• Like Like x 1
  10. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Very nice posts Trini my boy! Good stuff! Thanks for the encouragement and I may still get a console version and just sell the game so I can have all the goodies. That helmet looks so nice. I will get a PC Deluxe version no matter what and do my best with it.

It is just very depressing, because I loved the first game so much and still play it a lot, but there are 3 things I was hoping TF2 would solve that are lacking in the first game (matchmaking, policing of cheaters, user base). Now, from all the reviews, TF2 does not sound like TF1 (improved), it sounds more like an entirely different animal, like COD (with occasional titans), so even if those things are better, they are not better in a better version of TF1 but something different, so it doesn't help. All I really wanted was TF1 (improved). What really depresses me, is even if they eventually realize their mistakes, scrap TF2 and go back to TF1 and improve it to make TF3, it will be another 2 or 3 years to get the TF1 (improved) that I was expecting now. And what depresses me even more than that, is that I know it isn't going to work that way. Even if they realize their mistakes, they are not going to go back to TF1 and improve that, because they won't want to completely publicly admit they made a mistake and do things the right way. They will try to put lipstick on the pig of TF2. I mean, you've outlined the differences in just the titans and they are huge, and that's just the titans. Then if you look at this article, it lists a lot of other things. Very depressing.
    http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/08/23/titanfall-2-feels-like-game-designed-people-hated-original/

In case the link doesn't work, just Google this and it is the first Breitbart article:
    ‘Titanfall 2’ Feels Like a Game Designed by People Who Hated the Original

• Like Like x 1