Introduction / pilot: stevedebsmith

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by stevedebsmith, Dec 17, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. stevedebsmith

stevedebsmith Generation 1

Hello Pilots,
    As you can see from my profile I am an older player. Next month I'll turn 56 years of age. I've been gaming on and off since the release of "Pong" back in the early 70's. I really didn't get into gaming fully until the PS2 arrived on the scene. My enjoyment of gaming has only increased since the release of the PS3, PS4, and big screen TVs. At this point, with the technological advancements of the gaming industry and the introduction of virtual reality, I don't understand why everyone isn't gaming.
    My favorite games are FPS and auto racing. Below is a list of the games I presently own on the PS4.
    1. Titanfall 2
    2. Call of Duty / Black Ops 3
    3. Call of Duty / Advanced Warfare
    4. Battlefield 4
    5. Wolfenstein / The New Order
    6. Killzone / Shadow Fall
    7. Grand Theft Auto 5
    8. Metal Gear Solid / The Phantom Pain
    9. Far Cry Primal
    10. Far Cry 4
    11. Need for Speed / Rivals
    12. Project Cars
    13. The Evil Within
    But since the release of Titanfall 2, I have only been playing it and find it difficult to think of playing anything else. I love this game and find the mechanics of movement and the overall gameplay to be far superior to any game I've played so far. Before Titanfall 2 I rarely played multiplayer but since it's release I play multiplayer matches a lot. My love of Titanfall 2 has prompted me to created a Facebook Page (not a group) for fans of Titanfall 2 (@titanfallgamefans) and created a PSN Community "Titanfall Game Fans. Even tho followers to the page has only reached 50 at this time. I work each day to post the latest news, information about the artists, voice actors, and other people at Respawn Entertainment involved in the creation of Titanfall 2. I strongly feel that these people who work massive amounts of hours to create a game such as the masterpiece Titanfall 2 get left out of the conversation too often.

I'm not a "pro" level player of any game but simply love playing but I do try my best to support my fellow pilots in a game. Love to aid fellow pilots with a stolen battery and riding atop teammate's titans shooting enemy titans and fending off those after my teammate's titan batteries.

I live in Northern California at this time and when not gaming I spend most of my time working on my art projects. I am a Surrealist exhibiting mostly in the palaces of Portugal with 80 other artists presently. (International Surrealism Now) To look deeper into my artistic life you can visit my website. The Art of Steve Smith
    or you can visit my artist page on Facebook. Steve Smith Artist page Facebook

• Like Like x 4
  2. silentdayz

silentdayz Generation 1

Welcome Steve!

• Like Like x 1
  3. DARK BAWGS

DARK BAWGS Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

Hey Steve, you are not alone I am an older player and have been gaming since Pong, Astroids etc. in the 70's. I am on PS4 don't hesitate to friend me if you like. Your Facebook url was removed so perhaps you can PM me. I will also look up your Network.

Welcome and enjoy the forum. My gamer tag is DARK_BAWGS.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

welcome brother ,
    nice list, you should try starwars battle front and the division .

my dread would be a complete remake of badcompany 2

5. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Welcome to the forums pilot!

6. Omega82

Omega82 Generation 5

Hey Steve thanks for sharing ! And I share the same exact feelings as you about titanfall 2 . I can't get enough of that amazing game.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Welcome aboard Steve! I can understand why you guys are so excited about this game. That is exactly why I fell in love with TF1 and kept coming right back to it and shelving any new games I tried. You just can't beat the feel, the movement and the responsiveness. After you are a member long enough or have posted enough messages, you will be able to post your links again. Thanks for sharing. Glad to have you here.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

What's up Steve? Welcome to the community!

9. stevedebsmith

Hey silentdaz! thanks for the welcome.

10. stevedebsmith

Hey DARK_BAWGS, thanks for the friendly welcome to the forum. Pleased to meet another player that remembers the days of Pong. I loved that game. I'm stevedebsmith on the PS4.

11. stevedebsmith

Trini Chinese Thanks for the welcome. I may try Starwars Battle Front and The Division at some point.

12. stevedebsmith

Bruvas, Thanks for the welcome.

• Like Like x 1
  13. stevedebsmith

Hey Omega82, Thanks for the welcome to the forum. I love Titanfall 2 but I did get Battlefield 1 during the holidays and I've been sidetracked in it for a bit. I like it but I still put Titanfall 2 at the top of the list.

14. stevedebsmith

ensc, Thanks for the welcome. I would have loved to had gotten to try Titanfall 1. When Titanfall 1 was advertised for the Xbox I almost bought the system just so I could play Titanfall 1. So, I was very happy when Titanfall 2 came out for the PS4. I've loved it ever since I got in the Tech Test and got to move around in it. The movement is so addictive. Most people didn't like C.O.D Advanced Warfare but I did just become of the boot off the ground movement. But that game doesn't even compare to Titanfall 2.
    At a later point as you have said, I might repost those links again.
    I was a bit slow to reply to all these posts due to I had to make a trip to the hospital shortly after New Year's Eve. Found out today everything is going to be alright. My love of gaming is so bad that while going though a life threatening ordeal I was worried I wouldn't be around to see the games that will come out in the future or spend time on the couch playing again...ha,ha.

• Like Like x 1
  15. stevedebsmith

Hey IkOn88x, Thanks for the welcome! really appreciate it.

16. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

@stevedebsmith Welcome to the community. Keep up the fight pilot.

17. stevedebsmith

Hey Rainmano211, thanks for the welcome.

18. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Glad everything is going to be alright my friend. I can totally relate. I would be the same way. I don't enjoy anything more in life than video games, especially the first Titanfall. There was a time where I would have felt embarassed by that or allowed others to make me feel guilty about it. Not any more. It is who I am and I've fully embraced it and will never let anyone or anything keep me from playing my first love, video games, ever again.

19. stevedebsmith

Hey ensc, things with the health have been a bit up and down lately. May have some heart troubles. Can't get my heart rate up too much. The other evening I tried Battlefield 1 and it caused me to have a bit of a flutter in my heart. Freaked out thinking I may have to give up gaming but over the last few days I've been playing with no trouble. I know what you mean about mentioning games to some people and they want to make a person feel embarrassed about playing...I stopped caring about it awhile back and have been a bit combative with those that want to look down on me for gaming. I don't care anymore, Just like you, that is who I am and what I like to do and if they don't like it...too bad. I think it is usually because they don't have the head to be able to play and that bothers them or they have a misconception about it. I had a person in my living room once that I had had some trouble with over gaming. I turned on a game and they looked at the screen and couldn't imagine what to do and it didn't seem like they could grasp anything about it and that I think is the big problem for them. It is embarrassing to them that they can't do it and won't try because of a fear of looking dumb. I keep trying to get those that feel gaming is some stupid thing to play...because I'm sure once they get into it and got the hang of playing they too would be into gaming as much as we are. Well, today was my 56th birthday and I hope to see many more trips around the sun with a controller in my hand. Thanks for your reply and I hope everything is going well for you.

• Like Like x 1
  20. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

• Like Like x 1