My son is a huge gamer...

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by KernelClamjuice, Aug 23, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. KernelClamjuice

KernelClamjuice Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

big COD fan.....

He says Respawn sponsored a bunch of the COD Tournament Champions to try out the game. They have made a bunch of videos and love the game...

Nadeshot. Formerly Optic Nadeshot....

This guys specifically states in one of his videos that he did not like T1 because it wasn't like COD.

He goes on to say how much the COD people will love this game because it's basically COD.

I'm trying to post a link...but it's giving me problems...

You can't get any more proof than Respawn recruiting a 3 x World Champion of Call Of Duty...it's them catering to the COD crowd...

2. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Bit of an unfair label mind you. I loved CoD until Ghosts. All went a bit poo after that in my taste, but you could have said I was a CoD fan.

I'm also a Battlefield fan, an Ark fan, (was) a Division fan, definitely a Halo fan. If and when I get a PS4, you could call me an Uncharted fan.

So long as the game sells, that's the key and that's what Respawn should rightly be aiming for. If I don't like the game on release I'll not buy 3. Who's to say!?

So, they're catering to the CoD crowd? Make it as fun as MW2/3 BLOPS/BLOPS2 and I'll be delighted.

• Like Like x 2
  3. SKWRLY

SKWRLY Generation 3

But these are the guys that made cod....

I'm not trying to start a negative discussion between you an I, but everytime I see this "too much like cod" comment it really doesn't make much sense to me. Respawn is the evolution of infinity ward. If you couldn't see the resemblance of COD in Titanfall then perhaps we haven't been playing the same game.

What is really all that bad about Respawn making a better version of what they already made 10 years ago?

A bigger player population...

More player retention....

More public attention and content creators....

4. KernelClamjuice

Elite Pilot

True true true.

• Like Like x 1
  5. KernelClamjuice

Elite Pilot

The original T1 wasn't made by the COD guys...or was it?

Other than both games being FPS...T1 had a unique feel to the game.....

The feel of the game...the way pilots run...and jump....nothing about this new game feels like the original Titanfall..

Perhaps you are playing a different game...

6. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I'm with you on that @KernelClamjuice. I know just what you mean. Hard to put into words but rest assured I feel it (or should I say I don't) feel it to.

• Like Like x 2
  7. SKWRLY

SKWRLY Generation 3

o_O

im really not sure if you agreed with me about who made call of duty 4 and mw2. I suppose I'll take my leave of this convo

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I'm going to go at it with a fresh head this weekend - it's not Titanfall 1 so I'm not going to compare it. I'll log in so respawn get their data, I'll report glitches if I find one, but more importantly, I'm going to play it on it's own merits.

That's the plan!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Ninjajedaii

Ninjajedaii Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

Word, I had my little peeves last weekend by comparing it.
    This coming weekend I'm gonna treat it like a new game .

• Like Like x 1
  10. Carlos

Carlos Generation 3

I tried telling you, but you got mad at me. *shrugs*

It's a marketing decision on Respawn's part. They really, really want to scale TitanFall 2 to the same level as Call of Duty, and the way to do that is simply making it feel like Call of Duty, but not exactly. TitanFall is still there, just the feel is geared towards Call of Duty. I just hope the game isn't TOO easy. What turned me off from Black Ops 3 is that it's too goddamn easy.

The whole point of Electronic Arts partnering with Respawn in the first place is to imitate the success of Call of Duty, since the head of the studio is Vince Zampella, ya know, the mother fucker that made Call of Duty? I wish I had money, or I would have invested into Respawn today.

Electronic Arts wants to go after Call of Duty so bad, they're willing to cannibalize their own sales one of of their franchises as a sacrifice in order to gain more marketshare in the FPS arena. That's how badly EA is hurting for FPS supremacy.

You need to remember: COD is what Mortal Kombat was to Midway in the 90's. Killer Instinct was created as a cash cow for Nintendo.

• Like Like x 1