Need help building a new PC

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Bruvas, Aug 12, 2015.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Right chums.....

I am going to get myself back into the PC scene..... Next year. I know tech moves pretty fast, but here's my question -

If you had £2,000 to spend on a PC, what components would you slap into it? No mouse or keyboard needed (have a R.A.T 5 mouse and Cyborg V7 Keyboard), but monitor and the entire rest of the gubbins are required.

Also, who would you recommend for putting it all together? (I'm after piece of mind warranty here so none of this 'build it yourself'. If it fails, some fecker is taking it away and replacing it!)

2. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

I'd love to help but you would have to move to Sydney mate...good luck. Sounds like fun. If I had the time and the money I'd do it myself. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

You can still be a help my friend!

Firstly, what which of these two would you recommend? -

Intel Core i7 - Six core i7-5930K (3.5GHz) 15MB Cache
    or
    Intel Core i7 - Quad core i7-6700K (4.0GHz) 8MB Cache

I'm looking at the ASUS MAXIMUS VIII RANGER mobo, 16GB of Kingston Hyper-x Predator Quad-DDR4 (3000mhz) RAM and the 6GB GTX 980Ti too, although I keep changing my mind every 5 minutes. I have until early next year to decide (agreement with the wife :D) so spec and items will naturally change with price changes and new hardware coming out.

4. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

If you are looking to use it primarily for gaming then the six core wins. However as you and I and all men who have wives know price may well be a deal breaker. Both of them will do the trick...and you have some pretty meaty specs here already...are all the components going to talk to each other ok? It's all about bottlenecks with building a new system.

5. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

The hope was that if I went for a good mobo, high speed ram, a meaty gfx card and a sshd I might get away with it :D

6. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

7. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Nice! I'm not so hot on 2 cards on SLI though as they can run into compatibility issues with some games. A 6GB 980 Ti should be able to handle a great deal thrown at it all by itself!

I'd also prefer to have DDR4 RAM. The idea is to spend more at the start to cut back on the need to upgrade too early. This is the explanation I have given the wife anyway, and she seems to be swallowing it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

This is the current selection that I am leaning toward: Option 2.jpg

9. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Yeah, cant argue with this, not much that's going to scare that...Ha!