Titanfall OP smart pistol - EA, please balance the game

Discussion in 'Feedback, Issues & Suggestions' started by Boogie, Dec 20, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Boogie

Boogie Generation 1

It's understandable that there is the need to support newcoming players in the shooter scene, an admirable effort made by EA is the smart pistol. Currently it can lock on a target while invisible or far. Also it can find an enemy pilot while not necessarily in the marked space so the newcoming player can just turn the mouse around to find the enemy player and then wait for a second to kill.

I understand, people pay for this game and that money can get server uptime so far so people have to leave in order to decrease server upkeep. However chasing them away with the OP of the smart pistol isn't a wise choice, EA. It will only drive players away from the company's future titles.
    Please rework the smart pistol so that actual shooters can have a fun time on the servers as well.

Suggestions:

- disable invisible lock
    - minimize the lock-on distance
    - minimize the lock-on bracket, it's humongous. One that is twice the size of the crosshair is understandable, but 10 times that size is ridiculous

At least until the above is fixed please create some non-sp servers where the gun is blocked so that at least players can have a choice.

Thank you,

Boogie

2. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Respawn are the ones to ask fella. The smart pistol had never bothered me, and I only used it for the length of the gen challenge then shelved it. Vs the grunts and spectres it was amazing, but give me a proper gun vs pilots any day of the week.

I understand why so many people do not like it, but it honestly wouldn't bother me if they nerfed/removed/never touched it.

3. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

You know it's not often that you find a game that you like everything about. Titanfall has a smart pistol that seems to rub a lot of players the wrong way. I've killed a few enemy with it, been killed a few times by it..it's a weapon in the game so I kind of expected to have it used against me. Just part of the game. It it what it is.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Boogie

Boogie Generation 1

Complying to skewed perspective doesn't mean you'll get anything anywhere.
    It is what it is, it isn't what it should be. And that's why I have this power to post on a forum where I'm hoping to be listened by the dev community so that a change is brought to an otherwise enjoyable and fun game.
    Seriously, how is this even a thing? Having that item in the game is somewhat shameful to a company that promotes itself on the value of "gaming". Not assisted gamng. Gaming.

Looking at the screen and clicking the mouse once to insta-kill an enemy isn't what a gamer should strive for. Yes, it's fun to see the gamers rave but it's not fun for anyone else. I can't really remember the last time I was allowed to pass my tests in school with a chi-chi just because hey, it is what it is.

Cheating used to trail non-dignified gamers to long roads of injecting code into their games, being reported and pointed at and shamefully getting banned. Now it seems it's a commonly placed item, somewhere in the game itself. It is what it is, right? :)

Not really. You accept it, I'll keep asking for it to be nerfed, like the other few thousand players out there are - to back that up, go play a few hours. You'll see at least a few times someone rage on chat about the OP of this item.

5. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

No one is saying you're wrong. Take all the time to post in forums and you never know - a dev may take note for the next titanfall. I'm like @rainman0211 in that the smart pistol does not bother me at all. I dislike using it as it's too under powered for my game style. In fact, if the whole other team used it I'd be delighted and I know I'd come out on top. Just my opinion of course.

6. Boogie

Boogie Generation 1

You have my admiration if that's really how you feel, if you are suggesting that you'd be playing with an actual gun instead of a handicap-helper. Some people can't be bothered, others can't stand sp campers. That's how life goes. Hopefully there is someone who can change it for the best of everyone.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I was confused as to why it was in the game to start with, and I was initially annoyed when killed too.

Then I tried it and missed out on kills due to the range and the time it takes to get a 'killing' lock on players. I also noticed that when I was being killed by it, the pilot was normally behind me. I'd like to think that most people with an ounce of skill could have killed me regardless of what gun they had in that situation.

If the SP does show it's face in the next Titanfall (and I reckon it will) it'll be slightly different to the current version. Or maybe they'll attach a cow bell to the user so they're easy to spot :D

• Like Like x 1
  8. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Maybe, because I am a "casual" player of games (and have been since Pong in the very early 70's to Titanfall) I don't feel as strongly about the SP .as you or the thousands you spoke of. What you call complying to skewed perspective, I call playing a game that I like... the good, bad and ugly parts of it. If the Titanfall God's decide to need, 'revamp, omit it or let it stay as it is in the next Titanfall... I'm gonna buy it play it enjoy it as I do this one. Maybe I'll live to see and play the "perfect game" where all is good and the forums are no longer entertaining the threads of the disgruntled and all live in harmony as we go happily along killing one another. Unfortunately, until that time comes... I'll just...play the game.:)

• Like Like x 1
  9. googlheimersmit

googlheimersmit Generation 2

Agreed, Live and let Fragggg

• Like Like x 2
  10. lonekawboy

lonekawboy Generation 2

I have a better idea! How about the programmers of this game get a CLUE and try to balance the play of actual players! Marvel idea! Game after game you are either on the side that has everyone that can play (and yes I can play) and you destroy the other side (what fun is that) or you are on the side with all the first time players and three of them get zero pilot kills. Wow!

Oh, and on the note of the SP. All the players that are complaining about the SP do is run around and pull the trigger and spray so really are you any different?

11. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

(Pop***corn)

• Like Like x 1
  12. The Juggernaut

The Juggernaut Generation 7

Smart pistol is fine. Auto balancing can be a little dodgey at times so I would prefer Respawn to develop a good team making system instead of nerfing (a second time!) something that isn't even that OP.

13. Sulq

Sulq Generation 5

The smart pistol needs a buff.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Wait for it... wait for it...:cool:
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1