Possible Loss of Titan Loadouts

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by runescythe9852, Jun 21, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. runescythe9852

runescythe9852 Generation 3

From a person I am subscribed to on youtube, a user called The Gamertron. He mentioned that while at E3, it has been seen that with the introduction of new titans: The Ronin, the Scorch, and the Ion, there has been word going around that Titan loadouts may no longer have a place in the game. I don't know if the player would still have the ability to select their weapons, but in all likelihood, it might be core abilities, such as the Ronin's sword, or the support abilities like the electronic smoke and vortex shield. And other abilities like the Nuclear ejection would no longer become choices, but as base equipment depending on the individual titan selected.

I can see this as a great thing with some minor reservations. While I'm sure that we will still have the ability to customize our pilots as much as we please, the loss of the ability to do the same with titans means that we won't have to see people leaning towards the typical: Electronic Smoke with Nuclear Ejection setup most people used in the more competitive scene of the game, and may have people use multiple titans in order to combat others as sort of a rock-paper-scissors type deal.

There is no direct evidence to support this, as its just speculation. I'll let you know more once I get more in depth info with my research.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

#2 Bruvas, Jun 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2016
    I believe there are 6 different titans now, each with a prescribed load out. The idea being that you can recognise the titan on the battlefield and know what you are up against both in ability and weaponry.

Gets rid of the Stryder with grenades and dash core, dashing up to you, laying it's nasty eggs then darting away!

Playing the game is the only way to know if this is preferred for myself, but time will tell. I certainly like the idea behind it.

EDIT:

Skip to about 6.10 and Vince mentions the above. I knew I heard it somewhere!

• Like Like x 3
  3. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Some good info in there. Thanks Bruvas.

• Like Like x 1
  4. runescythe9852

runescythe9852 Generation 3

Yeah, and now that we have the first 3, I can only imagine what the others are capable of. Its even better to know that the game will be featuring a lot of single player and other forms of PVE content.

• Like Like x 1
  5. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Here are more juicy bits and morsels about T2.

• Like Like x 2
  6. My Hero Iz Me

My Hero Iz Me Generation 5

Titan loadouts are most likey 100% gone, this means that the only things you will be able to change will be things like Tier 1 and Tier 2 abilities. Rather than weapon and tactical abilities.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

i was really hoping to be able to plat with different weapons on which titan i pick and the only lock in ability would be there core powers example like plat with the ion with the shotgun .

• Like Like x 1
  8. A4eaTransformer

A4eaTransformer Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Nice find Rman. After watching this clip I am more than ever juiced and cannot wait to try all the new things out. It is going to be a lost month of my life. I may have to take sick leave from work or just retire. Oh my. What to do?

• Like Like x 1